The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Tiger Electronic Games (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59203)

The Deadman 11-30-2017 05:54 PM

Tiger Electronic Games

Anyone remember these? They used to be all the rage back in the day and I'm pretty sure I still own the Sonic 2 and Jurassic Park ones as well, I need to find them and hope they still work.

sdp 11-30-2017 07:14 PM

They sucked, I hated them as a kid, only owned a few and they bored me quickly.

But now I'm a bit sad they don't really exist, odd right?

Prowler 12-02-2017 01:02 AM

I only remember having one. It was a Sonic game. You had to lead Sonic and Tails up to some platform where Robotnik was or something, while avoiding falling objects from the sky. Don't remember it that well and I don't think I've ever beaten it.

Wesley 12-02-2017 12:53 PM

First games I ever owned. Had a few of them such as the Aladdin and Batman ones. Thought they were alright in small doses. Sonic Spinball was the best.

PApagreg 12-02-2017 01:09 PM

Its times like these that make me glad I grew up in the 2000s

oldmanwinters 12-02-2017 01:34 PM

Truth be told, I enjoy most of the TMNT lcd games once in a while. I think Tiger only made 1 or 2 of those, as most of the them were released directly through Konami. The first game is one of the most creative in the whole genre, so much so that Konami actually filed a patent for the concept.

DarkFell 12-02-2017 09:51 PM

I used to own a few of those hand-held games, but I only managed to beat several of them.

The Back To The Future hand-held game - (based off of the cartoon series) ..that was my favorite one. I used to love watching the lightning flash on both sides of the screen whenever the DeLorean reached its 88 MPH time-travel speed.

I -almost- beat the hand-held version of The Terminator, but got killed by another cybernetic foe. Good God, that was such a hard game.

DestronMirage22 12-02-2017 11:13 PM

These things weren’t exactly all that when it came to quality, but they were alright for passing the time. Or if you didn’t have anything better, like a Gameboy.

Coola Yagami 12-03-2017 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 (Post 1732460)
These things weren’t exactly all that when it came to quality, but they were alright for passing the time. Or if you didn’t have anything better, like a Gameboy.

Exactly. I had this back in the day before we could to afford a legit console.

CyberCubed 12-03-2017 03:50 PM

So did any of you have this like I did?

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7023/6...64e11aaea4.jpg

Best Turtle LCD game ever. Came out during Season 8 of the original cartoon, that's why Berserko is in the game instead of Shredder.

Oddly enough it has Bebop/Rocksteady and the Foot robots but Beserko is the boss and Shredder has no appearance. I wonder if they thought he would be a main villain because he appeared in the first episode of Season 8 but he never appeared again.

sdp 12-12-2017 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PApagreg (Post 1732381)
Its times like these that make me glad I grew up in the 2000s

nah, these things were awesome, imagine having a whole shelf at your local store where any franchise you liked had its own video game, sure they were crummy but it was still cool to see.

These tiget games were basically the Mobile games of its time, all licensed properties that couldn't get "real" games had one, they grabbed your attention because they have your fav. license. Once you play them and have fun for a couple of minutes you realize, it's not that fun to waste any more time on it.

Downloading crappy apps might be free but it can't compare to the magic of seeing physical games of any franchise at your local store.

I'm nostalgic for Tiger games and I hated them, I owned very few of them.

PApagreg 12-12-2017 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1734569)
nah, these things were awesome, imagine having a whole shelf at your local store where any franchise you liked had its own video game, sure they were crummy but it was still cool to see.

These tiget games were basically the Mobile games of its time, all licensed properties that couldn't get "real" games had one, they grabbed your attention because they have your fav. license. Once you play them and have fun for a couple of minutes you realize, it's not that fun to waste any more time on it.

Downloading crappy apps might be free but it can't compare to the magic of seeing physical games of any franchise at your local store.

I'm nostalgic for Tiger games and I hated them, I owned very few of them.

Actually I grew up in the Gameboy Advance/DS generation and even then I would rather play tetris on my phone or one of those crappy anime app games than the TEG handhelds. TLDR I prefer app stores over the "magic" of seeing physical games at my local store

Powder 12-12-2017 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1732586)
So did any of you have this like I did?]

Not as a kid, but a few years ago one was gifted to me. It was virtually unplayable, like most Tiger games. :tlol: