The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Turtle Blimp Leak (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59150)

wpugh2424 11-20-2017 01:39 PM

Turtle Blimp Leak

I got a blimp a leaking
Can't find it specifically. Anyone know a good way of sealing it up so I can hang it ?

Candy Kappa 11-20-2017 01:41 PM

tape or get a bicycle repair kit, that oughta do it

wpugh2424 11-20-2017 01:52 PM

Thanks for the advice
Forgive my ignorance but will this work if the leak has been hard at best to find ?

Powder 11-20-2017 01:55 PM

There's a solution for that! While inflated, submerge it in water. Wherever the bubbles are coming out of is the leak location.

oldmanwinters 11-20-2017 02:05 PM

And here I thought it was a toy concept "leak" for the Rise of the TMNT Turtle Blimp!

wpugh2424 11-20-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1730150)
There's a solution for that! While inflated, submerge it in water. Wherever the bubbles are coming out of is the leak location.

Awesome advice
Thanks

wpugh2424 11-20-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1730155)
And here I thought it was a toy concept "leak" for the Rise of the TMNT Turtle Blimp!

Haha I am not that far on the forefront of breaking news

tmntman 11-20-2017 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1730150)

If you don't have a tub or vessel large enough to submerge it, the standard trick for dealing with leaks on tires is to just use a solution of soapy water. (regular dish washing liquid works fine) Just wet down the surface and the soap will form bubbles where there are any leaks.

wpugh2424 11-20-2017 06:21 PM

Thanks for the advice
I'll let u guys know what happens

Leotheleader 11-30-2017 10:24 AM

is it true with the blimp if you filled it with helium, it would actually float like in the toy commercial from back in the day?

tmntman 11-30-2017 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leotheleader (Post 1731948)
is it true with the blimp if you filled it with helium, it would actually float like in the toy commercial from back in the day?

No. It's possible that the balloon itself would be light enough to float. But even that would be questionable. The vinyl material used for the blimp is much thicker and heavier than a standard mylar balloon. If you then add on the weight of the fins and the gondola, there's no chance that it would be able to float. Also, the balloon portion is not designed or made of the appropriate material to hold in helium. So it wouldn't stay inflated for very long.

Leotheleader 11-30-2017 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmntman (Post 1731958)
No. It's possible that the balloon itself would be light enough to float. But even that would be questionable. The vinyl material used for the blimp is much thicker and heavier than a standard mylar balloon. If you then add on the weight of the fins and the gondola, there's no chance that it would be able to float. Also, the balloon portion is not designed or made of the appropriate material to hold in helium. So it wouldn't stay inflated for very long.

Oh wow, I always remember seeing the commercial back in the day and it was floating. lol. I figured it wouldnt with the blimp seats being heavier than the blimp its self it would just nose dive, especially adding figures onto it.