The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   October 2021 Solicitations (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=64167)

ChosenOne 07-23-2021 12:20 PM

October 2021 Solicitations

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #122—Cover A: Jodi Nishijima

Sophie Campbell (w) • Jodi Nishijima (a) • Jodi Nishijima (c)

The fallout from the confrontation between the Mutanimals and the TMNT continues with many questioning what direction Mutant Town is headed for. While the Turtles discuss their new path forward, Hob begins to set his sights on a new target: Baxter Stockman!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #122—Cover B: Kevin Eastman
Sophie Campbell (w & a) • Kevin Eastman (c)

*Retailer incentives:
Order 10 copies and get one free variant cover by Sara Pitre-Durocher!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Best of April O'Neil—SPOTLIGHT

Misc. (w) • Misc. (a) • James Biggie (c)

The Turtles' best friend April is always ready to uncover new danger and help her mutant pals! Dig into this oversized collection and discover the very best April stories from across multiple TMNT publishers!

FC • 100 pages • $5.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Ultimate Collection, Vol. 6

Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird (w & a) • Kevin Eastman (c)

A thorough look back at the TMNT's comic book origins from their earliest stories with insightful annotations from co-creators Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird.
Rediscover the underground roots of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with this special collection of 29 short stories created between 1985–1989, handpicked by Kevin Eastman. With over 250 pages of mutated-martial arts action along with annotations full of original story notes, preliminary art, personal photographs, and more following each story, this volume is perfect for fans to relive the glorious days of the Turtles' origins as well as an excellent place for new readers to see where the TMNT phenomenon began.

TPB • B&W • $29.99 • 256 pages • 7.625" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-68405-857-0

Bullet points:
Available in December.

ChosenOne 07-23-2021 12:23 PM

More Campbell furry SJW bullsh*t, yaaay! :roll::roll::roll::roll:

On the plus side, Hob vs Stockman AT LONG LAST!

And that typo right smack on the cover of the April spotlight, damn...

lonewarrior20 07-23-2021 12:31 PM

i think it'd have been better if it was a barbeque instead of a chinese/sushi restaurant.

ChosenOne 07-23-2021 12:37 PM

It's like, at some point (cough#101cough), this comic took a weird turn into the world of Life is Strange or some weird-ass JPRG. Jesus.

oldmanwinters 07-23-2021 12:45 PM

Synopsis of 122 literally sounds like the good guys, gals (and whatever else they wanna call it) just sit around the table discussing their hopes, dreams, and deepest fears for an entire issue.

ChosenOne 07-23-2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1898994)
Synopsis of 122 literally sounds like the good guys, gals (and whatever else they wanna call it) just sit around the table discussing their hopes, dreams, and deepest fears for an entire issue.

Goodness, what a novel concept for this run... Urgh. Just shoot me now.

phillytmnt 07-23-2021 01:05 PM

I guess it will be awhile when I start picking up the ongoing series again. This issue looks pretty uneventful like the previous issues.

On the bright side, the annual written by Tom Waltz comes out next week!

CyberCubed 07-23-2021 01:57 PM

I thought Ultimate Collection 6 came out already, I own it. It was a collection of the old Shell Shock stories and other one-shots from the early Mirage era.

AquaParade 07-23-2021 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1899009)
I thought Ultimate Collection 6 came out already, I own it. It was a collection of the old Shell Shock stories and other one-shots from the early Mirage era.

This the tpb.

Coola Yagami 07-23-2021 02:21 PM

I hope that April tpb includes the mirage Tales issue about her and the Archie one where she was a mutant turtle for a day.

TigerClaw 07-23-2021 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChosenOne (Post 1898989)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #122—Cover A: Jodi Nishijima

Sophie Campbell (w) • Jodi Nishijima (a) • Jodi Nishijima (c)

The fallout from the confrontation between the Mutanimals and the TMNT continues with many questioning what direction Mutant Town is headed for. While the Turtles discuss their new path forward, Hob begins to set his sights on a new target: Baxter Stockman!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #122—Cover B: Kevin Eastman
Sophie Campbell (w & a) • Kevin Eastman (c)

*Retailer incentives:
Order 10 copies and get one free variant cover by Sara Pitre-Durocher!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Best of April O'Neil—SPOTLIGHT

Misc. (w) • Misc. (a) • James Biggie (c)

The Turtles' best friend April is always ready to uncover new danger and help her mutant pals! Dig into this oversized collection and discover the very best April stories from across multiple TMNT publishers!

FC • 100 pages • $5.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Ultimate Collection, Vol. 6

Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird (w & a) • Kevin Eastman (c)

A thorough look back at the TMNT's comic book origins from their earliest stories with insightful annotations from co-creators Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird.
Rediscover the underground roots of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with this special collection of 29 short stories created between 1985–1989, handpicked by Kevin Eastman. With over 250 pages of mutated-martial arts action along with annotations full of original story notes, preliminary art, personal photographs, and more following each story, this volume is perfect for fans to relive the glorious days of the Turtles' origins as well as an excellent place for new readers to see where the TMNT phenomenon began.

TPB • B&W • $29.99 • 256 pages • 7.625" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-68405-857-0

Bullet points:
Available in December.

I love the cover for issue 122, Its cool seeing one of the Road Hogs on there too.

CyberCubed 07-23-2021 06:51 PM

If issue 123 is Sophie's last issue, this is the second to last issue from her. Unless she's staying on past 2021...issue 123 would be November so she'd be done after 2021.

MikeandRaph87 07-23-2021 06:53 PM

I thought #122 was it? It looks like it is just going to be a round table discussion of the last 21 issues so #123 can finally get Armageddon Game going.

CyberCubed 07-23-2021 06:59 PM

123 is so far confirmed to be her last issue, at least as far as we know at the moment. Could be more.

Cloudrunner 07-23-2021 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1899038)
I love the cover for issue 122, Its cool seeing one of the Road Hogs on there too.

But the question is, WHY is one of the Road Hogs there? They didn't really have any significance to the story. Did Sophie just need some more gender-ambiguous female furries to fill cover space?

lonewarrior20 07-23-2021 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudrunner (Post 1899063)
But the question is, WHY is one of the Road Hogs there? They didn't really have any significance to the story. Did Sophie just need some more gender-ambiguous female furries to fill cover space?

Oh for god's sake. Thats Tusk! you know member of jennikas band, lost a race to raph, was in the mutants anonymous meeting. wouldn't surprise me if she's also somewhere in the rally meet. she's at least been established as a 2ndary/close background character.

ChosenOne 07-23-2021 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudrunner (Post 1899063)
Did Sophie just need some more gender-ambiguous female furries to fill cover space?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 (Post 1899064)
Thats Tusk!

Oooh, that's a bingo!

Skethis 07-24-2021 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1899054)
123 is so far confirmed to be her last issue, at least as far as we know at the moment. Could be more.

I believe Sophie confirmed her run is continuing past #123 into the foreseeable future in a recent Creannotator's podcast interview (#52):

https://www.comicbookherald.com/crea...phie-campbell/

CyberCubed 07-24-2021 06:11 PM

That's news to me, I guess she's going on to issue 150 then.

ChosenOne 07-24-2021 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1899129)
That's news to me, I guess she's going on to issue 150 then.

Campbell stays on and the comic will be cancelled long before that.