The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Game Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Nickelodeon All Star Brawl starring TMNT (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=64128)

The Deadman 08-26-2021 03:24 PM

If yall are gonna post big ass pictures, can you at least put them in spoiler tags? lol.

oldmanwinters 08-26-2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Deadman (Post 1903563)
If yall are gonna post big ass pictures, can you at least put them in spoiler tags? lol.

Nah, you just need a bigger screen!

Anyhoo, it's better now.

CyberCubed 08-26-2021 04:36 PM

What's with all these games making April a fighter now? For a game like this it would have been better to have Shredder playable.

neatoman 08-26-2021 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1903573)
What's with all these games making April a fighter now? For a game like this it would have been better to have Shredder playable.

Shredder is obviously going to be a boss character, unless you mean the Utrom Shredder or something, that just wouldn't make much sense and it would likely be confusing for the player. As for making April a fighter in games, haven't they been doing that since the Mega Drive version of Tournament Fighters?

Anyway, would I suggest you advocate for the inclusion of Karai as a playable character instead.
Edit: I realised I screwed up here, I thought this thread was about the beat 'em up, of course Shredder can be in this one. I still stand by putting Karai in this game though.

oldmanwinters 08-26-2021 05:18 PM

I think the Nick AS Brawl is looking like a faithful attempt to integrate her into a fighting game while keeping true to her character. She does some attack moves, but she just about always uses a prop like the handheld mic (which charges up?), a rolling video camera or a boom mic (from what I can tell).

Honestly, it's what a lot of Turtle fans wanted to see in TMNT Smash Up, which was advertised as being a blend of Turtle-lore as opposed to based off one particular franchise yet ended up looking exactly like the Imagi film with 4Kids voices. The thought of April using "news room prop" attacks would have been viewed as a creative contribution, rather than just taking the conventional way out and making her a ninja-esque combatant.

TigerClaw 08-26-2021 05:53 PM

Here's gameplay with April.

Shark_Blade 08-26-2021 09:18 PM

OT April, Leo and Mike. I’m sold lmao.

She looks so good too wow.

LeotheLateBloomer 08-26-2021 09:36 PM

I find it odd that April gets revealed before Don and Raph.

oldmanwinters 08-27-2021 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer (Post 1903635)
I find it odd that April gets revealed before Don and Raph.

For a game like this, I think the Turtles should basically be re-skins of each other with slightly different stats.

sdp 08-27-2021 08:32 AM

Yeah, it's not a tmnt smash game, it's a nick crossover game, id be surprised if we get any more TMNT characters and yeah the turtles are most likely clones with few differences.
And those asking why April is even fighting here we'll you have catdog and Rugrats characters fighting as well so that's a null point.

CyberCubed 08-27-2021 08:37 AM

Raph/Don may not even be in it. Having 5 TMNT characters may be too much for a game like this.

I'm still surprised they went with the classic designs rather than the Nick 2012 designs, since those Turtles are what I think of when I think of the Nick TMNT.

Coola Yagami 08-27-2021 08:47 AM

Honestly seeing April and the creativity of her attacks makes me wish this was a straight up 80s TMNT SMASH UP 2. Screw the Nicktoons, they got enough crossover games.

Imagine a roster of 20 or so 80s TMNT characters but then you get the movie turtles, shredder, Tokka and Rahzar as dlc.

sdp 08-27-2021 07:00 PM

The entire roster leaked, no other "big" revels unless you consider garfield one and no more TMNT characters (sowwy donatello and raph fans

https://i.imgur.com/M8lKk09.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/4TonaTz.jpg

Coola Yagami 08-28-2021 01:09 PM

Hopefully there's some DLC down the road. Right off the bat I'd say if Aang is there, def add Korra, then Don and Raph, at least one Danny Phantom villain. Then I guess a second round of DLC that will add at least one more character to any series that only has one representative so that every series has at least 2.

Chaotix12345 08-28-2021 01:49 PM

Even if it turns out real, it's not the ENTIRE roster. (It's missing Zim and Korra, who appeared on the silhouetted form of the boxart.)

Allio 08-28-2021 02:42 PM

Seems the leak is fake.

Andrew NDB 08-28-2021 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1903573)

I remember "playing TMNT" on the playground as a kid. If you weren't a Turtle you would be Shredder. "Being April" was something you would threaten the other kids with being forced to be, as the worst possible thing you could be in TMNT.

TigerClaw 08-28-2021 05:17 PM

April was a fighter on the Genesis version of Tournament Fighters, So I think its fair to see her being playable in this game.

sdp 08-28-2021 05:47 PM

The only people upset at April being playable are either incels or boomers, most people seem happy. Here we have an example of April using karate in the 1987 show.

Not to mention Archie April learned martial arts from splinter, 2k3 April and Movie April fought and defeated Karai. 2012 April is a mutant with Jean Gray powers and Rise April fights like Jackie Chan.

As far as the leak, those models look too good to be fake, perhaps it's not the full roster but it seems a big enough roster for what the game is, it isn't meant to be a AAA game with a roster as big as Smash. It might only be missing the secret characters, I'd love it if there were more characters but even this roster is good. The person who leaked the image was the one who said April was in it a while back and he was right.

Zulithe 08-28-2021 07:50 PM

I fully expected them to use the Rise designs before I saw footage... this might be cool. Wish it had all four turtles (maybe future dlc?)