The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Were the Underground Mutants created using Utrom Ooze? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=63934)

neatoman 05-02-2021 05:46 PM

Were the Underground Mutants created using Utrom Ooze?

I was going to make a thread asking why the crystals radiation worked as an anti-mutagen on the mutants created by the Foot but not on the Turtles who are also mutants, and then I rewatched the episode to look for an answer, which is pretty clear. They received special genetic reconstruction treatment first and the radiation just kept it stable.

But I did notice something else, the Foot used a green ooze to mutate the humans. That sounds rather similar to what the Utroms have and as we all know, this version of the Shredder is an Utrom himself. Now they say the Ooze and it's properties aren't intentional, it's just a waste product from the transmat, which isn't really a problem given that Shredder could have toyed around with trying to build a transmat himself and discovered Ooze in the process. Now the problem here is what their Ooze does, the Utrom Ooze made creatures more humanoid and intelligent, the Foot Ooze made humans less intelligent and less humanoid. So it makes me wonder if it is the same substance at all.

Still, I guess he at least has an excuse to not create an army of mutants, unlike the Fred Wolf Shredder.

ABrown 05-02-2021 07:44 PM

I don't think it was supposed to be the same substance as the ooze that mutated the turtles. But it wasn't really stated either way in the show.

Prowler 05-02-2021 07:59 PM

It's been YEARS since I've last seen those episodes, so I don't know. But what you said makes sense. It was probably either the same substance or a rather similar one.

On an unrelated note, I've never been a big fan of that arc. And was there really a need for it to be 3 episodes long?

ABrown 05-02-2021 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1891132)
On an unrelated note, I've never been a big fan of that arc. And was there really a need for it to be 3 episodes long?

Yeah, I don't know why they stretched it out to three episodes. One, maybe two, would've been plenty.

Prowler 05-02-2021 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABrown (Post 1891134)
Yeah, I don't know why they stretched it out to three episodes. One, maybe two, would've been plenty.

Clearly the weakest arc of the early seasons.

CyberCubed 05-03-2021 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1891132)
It's been YEARS since I've last seen those episodes, so I don't know. But what you said makes sense. It was probably either the same substance or a rather similar one.

You don't marathon the show? I've rewatched those eps 10 times.

Prowler 05-03-2021 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1891162)
You don't marathon the show? I've rewatched those eps 10 times.

...haven't done that in years. Why? Do you do that every year or something?

CyberCubed 05-03-2021 07:24 PM

Not as often as I used to, but I rewatch all my top shows every 3 years or so. Back when I was a teen and in my early 20's pretty much every 1-2 years.

TMNachoT 05-06-2021 09:23 AM

I think both materials are different, specially that C´hrell did not have access to all materials from the Utroms while in the States.

And yes, a 3 part episode was too much.