The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   NECA 1990/1991 Wal-Mart Exclusives (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=62349)

RaphaelinSTL 02-24-2020 12:14 PM

NECA 1990/1991 Wal-Mart Exclusives

Figured I'd start a thread for these and everything we know so far. NECA's 7" TMNT movie line seems to have a new home at Wal-Mart with new lines of 2-packs from both the original 1990 film and 1991's Secret of the Ooze.

With 1990 being two sets of the four turtles followed by a trenchcoat Raphael and Casey Jones. Raph and Casey are set for Q2 ... so I'm expecting probably at least by May they'll turn up in stores? Guess we'll have to see.

https://i.imgur.com/vaJ9kkY.png

Also coming our way is a two-pack with Tokka and Rahzar! Expect them in Q3.

https://i.imgur.com/kK6CiR4.png

Not to mention on top of that, we're getting Mr. Kevin Nash himself ... Super Shredder in a deluxe figure. Also a Q3 release.

https://i.imgur.com/kbr9dMO.png

Based on what Randy has said in his interview with Pixel Dan, there are a few things to keep in mind ...

* These are more than likely going to have online pre-order options and will be tied to Inventory individually so you'll be able to verify which closest stores carry them.

* Apparently, there's more in store for the 1990 line. Randy alluded to the series not being done yet, so there's potentially another SDCC figure (or figures) making a debut this summer that may wind up in these Wal-Mart exclusive packs down the line.

IMJ 02-24-2020 12:44 PM

If this line turns out to be accessible and that I can catch up on it with 2-packs, I might be all-in for this as well as the Fred Wolf line.

But on that note, guys if you already have these - don't rebuy 'em. Let them proliferate out into the market and just pick up anything you don't already have.

Discogod 02-24-2020 12:46 PM

I hope these are available to UK suppliers otherwise it's going to get very expensive.

italianice388 02-24-2020 02:34 PM

fingers crossed for preorder! would preorder both day 1

Night Monkey 02-24-2020 07:53 PM

So glad the movie Turtles are getting another release. I was able to score the bundle at GameStop during the last go, but ended up with the error head Raph. Every Raph I found after that was the same. :( So, I hope this time I’ll be able to get the normal one at least.

EddieNES 02-24-2020 08:06 PM

Just so I’m clear.

Walmart = Movies
Toon = Target
Arcade = BBTS, EE, etc...

GameStop = Nada?

1/4 scale = everywhere? I’ve seen these in a mall calendar store for f sakes.

IMJ 02-24-2020 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieNES (Post 1837187)

These Wal-Mart releases are quarter scale? In two pack?!?

EddieNES 02-24-2020 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMJ (Post 1837188)
These Wal-Mart releases are quarter scale? In two pack?!?

No they aren’t. I was referring to the previous Movie 1/4 scale and soon Toon.

IMJ 02-24-2020 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieNES (Post 1837189)
No they aren’t. I was referring to the previous Movie 1/4 scale and soon Toon.

OOOOhhhhhh okay I gotcha.....

Leo656 02-24-2020 08:29 PM

I wish Nash got a commission for that figure, but since it doesn't show his face I have to say he probably doesn't. :ohwell:

He did tell me what he makes off those DVDs, though, so I'm sure he's doing just fine. :lol:

spookycookies 02-24-2020 09:52 PM

I have invested a lot into the movie line, I want it to do very well. I'm worried because out of all of the wal-marts in my area 1/6 has a NECA section and it isn't well stocked.

I'm going for them one way or another.

mikey2007 02-24-2020 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieNES (Post 1837187)
Just so I’m clear.

Walmart = Movies
Toon = Target
Arcade = BBTS, EE, etc...

GameStop = Nada?

I’m guessing they are going away from GameStop since they are downsizing a lot of their stores. Maybe they couldn’t afford to keep the distribution rights for the exclusive movie Turtles. Walmart and Target are stores that aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. Makes sense to make the transition now

FifthTurtles81 02-25-2020 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discogod (Post 1837113)
I hope these are available to UK suppliers otherwise it's going to get very expensive.

They absolutely will be! You can see how many UK sellers are currently stocking the Shredder and Splinter figure on Ebay. These figures don't seem to have the silly retailer exclusive/distribution problems that they have in the US, for us in the UK.

Not gloating or anything! I'm just happy that Neca are finally getting these out in the UK and Europe. I've been playing catch up the last few months and I finally got my movie TMNT yesterday! So beautiful! Can't wait for Casey, Tokka & Rahzar!

RaphaelinSTL 02-25-2020 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spookycookies (Post 1837204)
I have invested a lot into the movie line, I want it to do very well. I'm worried because out of all of the wal-marts in my area 1/6 has a NECA section and it isn't well stocked.

I'm going for them one way or another.

Apparently Wal-Mart is heavily expanding its NECA selection come this spring. I'm sure that's going to play a role into this new lineup as well.

The big thing I'm hoping for is just being able to pre-order online, but guess we'll see how that goes when the 2-pack Turtles drop and Trenchcoat Raph/Casey do as well.

inaheap 02-25-2020 02:36 PM

Does Walmart do preorders? Never done that through them. I gotta say these being Walmart exclusives makes me a little nervous about difficulty getting them. I didn't have any trouble with the second wave at Gamestop.

Turnstone 02-25-2020 07:54 PM

Whether I order online through pre-order, find them in stores or just end up having to buy them off the Internet, they were all be mine once released. That’s all I know.

wpugh2424 02-25-2020 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inaheap (Post 1837319)
Does Walmart do preorders? Never done that through them. I gotta say these being Walmart exclusives makes me a little nervous about difficulty getting them. I didn't have any trouble with the second wave at Gamestop.

They do preorders
I just pre-ordered the real Ghostbusters line through them

Swaynomics930 02-26-2020 05:33 AM

GS was clutch with preorders. Especially with just 10% down and payments. I just hope Walmart does preorders and I'll be happy. Target is a pain. Randy was talking about hunting, I value my time too much. I went to 8 targets some multiple times for BnR and didnt find any. Never again.

AquaParade 02-26-2020 06:14 AM

That was sort of funny coming from Randy. I get that he is entrenched in this lifestyle and hunting is practically part of his everyday, but it comes across as a bit strange to tell your potential buyers to hunt things down. The goal should be to get them in their hands - and I know it is, and he is doing the best he can, but it still came across as a bit of a stretch.

JonesyKitty 02-26-2020 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swaynomics930 (Post 1837406)
GS was clutch with preorders. Especially with just 10% down and payments. I just hope Walmart does preorders and I'll be happy. Target is a pain. Randy was talking about hunting, I value my time too much. I went to 8 targets some multiple times for BnR and didnt find any. Never again.

I agree, toy hunting CAN be fun but for me it all comes down to what the situation is. I absolutely love vintage toy hunting. I know I can find them all on ebay for decent prices but I get a thrill out of not really knowing what I will find. Prime example, a few years ago I found the Green Jumpsuit Channel 6 April figure in a mix bag of junk for a dollar. That was awesome. The neverending search for a wild Scratch figure for a few bucks at an antique store or in a yardsale box being sold by someone who doesn't know what they have? I do that all the time. I probably never will find one but I refuse to buy one on ebay because it ruins the fun and once I buy that, I have the holy grail and have no need to go looking.

Hunting Neca Bebop and Rocksteady? F*** that. They are brand new and all over ebay. I'm not wasting time and money driving all over for them. That isn't fun to me because they should be readily available. I will eventually find one at a Target and when I do it won't be a satisfying event because of the thrill of hunting. It'll be a f***ing relief because it's done and over and I don't have to find them ever again. I gave up on those two and stopped going to Targets just to find them. Instead, now when we go to Target to get other stuff I casually look, of course hoping they are there but not expecting to find them.