The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Game Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=63728)

Andrew NDB 02-04-2022 11:30 AM

I'm honestly surprised in the past 25 years or so there hasen't been any fans that've gotten together to do like a full mod of one of the half dozen TMNT Final Fight clones they've done. You know, with new maps and bosses and playable characters and such. It'd seem to me that'd be pretty easy compared to a lot of the mods of other 8 and 16 bit games I've seen over the years.

Probably just not a lot of genuine interest, yeah?

LeotheLateBloomer 02-04-2022 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1919001)
I'm honestly surprised in the past 25 years or so there hasen't been any fans that've gotten together to do like a full mod of one of the half dozen TMNT Final Fight clones they've done. You know, with new maps and bosses and playable characters and such. It'd seem to me that'd be pretty easy compared to a lot of the mods of other 8 and 16 bit games I've seen over the years.

There was Shell Shocked which from what I've played has potential but still remains unfinished and there's Streets of Rage TMNT Edition which is SoR 2 with their Turtles in Time/Hyperstone Heist sprites.

Sumac 02-04-2022 01:44 PM

Quote:

Most likely.

Though, it is rather sad, when Streets of Rage, which had only 3 games released to its name, was able to get an amazing fan remake, while TMNT was not able to gain the similar treatment.

shredder orokusaki 02-04-2022 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybercubed (Post 1918742)
this is one of my most anticipated games of 2022, even more than breath of the wild 2.

it is the best game of the year and best action game of the year!

Andrew NDB 02-04-2022 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1918742)
This is one of my most anticipated games of 2022, even more than Breath of the Wild 2.

That's insane. You're looking forward to a game you can probably beat in 6 minutes by mashing two buttons (like all of the other Final Fight clone TMNT games) vs. a game with most likely hundreds of hours of content that's been in development for years now?

oldmanwinters 02-04-2022 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1919031)
That's insane. You're looking forward to a game you can probably beat in 6 minutes by mashing two buttons (like all of the other Final Fight clone TMNT games) vs. a game with most likely hundreds of content that's been in development for years now?

I’m sure it will require at least 3 action buttons. :tsmile:

The Deadman 02-04-2022 04:13 PM

Quote:

The main fan game is TMNT Tournament Fighters I think....it's either that or TMNT x JL that everyone plays.

sdp 02-04-2022 10:05 PM

Quote:

You would've been right if you had made this post 5 years ago, I honestly didn't understand why there weren't any cool TMNT romhacks but over the past 5 years we've started getting a bunch, there are quite a few great fan made TMNT games and I mean great, just browse this section of the forum or search on youtube. Rescue Palooza is the most popular but there's also that great fighting game TMNT x Justice League, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cowabunga, TMNT Recolored & Extended, TMNT Red Sky Battle. Most of these are indeed "short simple" beat em ups but hey it beats playing turtles in time for the 50th time.

Zulithe 02-10-2022 08:42 AM

RaphaelinSTL 02-10-2022 09:43 AM

sigh. Another character trailer.

I know the whole "rushed game is a bad game" aspect, but I would think a release window confirms that there's good progress being made on a game. Maybe it's just me, but I play TMNT games to play as the TMNT. Hell, I only ever play as one Turtle. So while, okay cool ... Splinter and April and probably eventually Casey and anyone else will be in, is neat, but so?

We're gonna need more footage of the Turtles themselves and how they play as opposed to long stretches of no news and then new characters in sort of new backgrounds.

I would think most of us would be more than happy to pay for additional DLC characters if the core game is good. Look at Streets of Rage 4!

At least this confirmed it's playable for those with Playstation and XBOX. Guess we'll have to stay tuned for the IGN Fan Fest next weekend and keep our fingers crossed they reveal the release date then.

Sumac 02-10-2022 01:40 PM

Looks good, but still no release date?

LeotheLateBloomer 02-10-2022 01:52 PM

Maybe between Summer and Fall.

CyberCubed 02-10-2022 03:12 PM

Hopefully this has around 8-10 stages at the minimum, anything less would be too short.

6 playable characters so far is great because you can replay it or play co-op with multiple different characters. Casey Jones is probably a shoe-in. I've heard rumors of the developers wanting to use Usagi too but it would depend on Stan Sakai allowing it first. Streets of Rage 4 had tons of DLC characters so we'll probably see the same here.

Glad it's coming on all systems but that was a no-brainer. I think I might buy it twice on both Switch and on PS4/PS5 so I can have one version of it on handheld.

FredWolfLeonardo 02-10-2022 03:39 PM

If Casey is in this game, I'm pre-ordering it now.

"Here's all the dough you'll get lawbreaker!“

lonewarrior20 02-10-2022 03:41 PM

if they have to fight rat king, i'd be cool if they had to fight wererat vernen and irma while he pipes in the background.

Sumac 02-10-2022 04:34 PM

Yeah, I hope for 8-12 levels.
Or at least, if they are not many levels, they are fairly long.

LeotheLateBloomer 02-10-2022 07:29 PM

Yeah it depends on whether you want a lot of levels that are short like Turtles in Time or few levels that are long like Hyperstone Heist, though they kinda did 3 stages in 1, if we get technical. Maybe they'll set the stages up like Streets of Rage 4 which would be nice.

Leo656 02-10-2022 08:04 PM

By the time this game finally comes out, FW TMNT Nostalgia will be over with and everyone will be back to thinking it was dumb again.:lol:

I kid. Looks fine, but it's becoming a bit of a meme by this point.

Also, I just can't help but stop and stare whenever I see some representation of FW April. Me. Ow.

Sumac 02-10-2022 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1919663)
By the time this game finally comes out, FW TMNT Nostalgia will be over with and everyone will be back to thinking it was dumb again.:lol:

Not in your lifetime, champ! :D

Leo656 02-11-2022 01:08 PM

"It was a joke!":trazz:

And I'unno. All things are cyclical. Stuff goes in and out of fashion. Adam West Batman was "garbage" for 20 years, then it was revered again. FW TMNT was pretty unpopular until the DVDs came out. And so on. I wouldn't think it completely impossible that one day a whole generation of neatomans will exist who have naught but disdain for the FW cartoon. Although I admit that might not happen until everyone who grew up with the show is dead. In my anecdotal experience, most younger people who see it either think it's "okay for its time" or "....the hell IS this?" So I do suspect that once nobody is left alive with any childhood nostalgia for it, most of the reverence for it will be gone. It's not like anyone alive Right Now has any strong affection for like, The Donna Reed Show or anything, y'know?

Anyways, regardless of all that... Just a joke about how long this thing is taking to come out. :) It is confusing though. It looks like a pumped-up SNES game. Why the eternal development time? Are there only five people working on it or something? I confess I'm not really following the development so I'm seriously asking. It LOOKS like the sort of thing a team could put out in a few months and yet they announced it how long ago now?

Don't get me wrong, looking forward to it, will definitely get it. Just saying, it's weird that another season of Twin Peaks will probably come out before this game does.