The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   DC/WB Confirm ''The Flash: Flashpoint'' Movie (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58385)

ZariusTwo 07-22-2017 01:45 PM

DC/WB Confirm ''The Flash: Flashpoint'' Movie

Quote:

Just happened at the Warner Bros. Comic-Con panel.

Warner Bros. flashed several in-development films on the screen at their panel, including Shazam! Suicide Squad 2, The Batman, Justice League Dark, Batgirl, Green Lantern Corps and The Flash: Flashpoint, presumably based on the 2011 Geoff Johns DC Comics event story.
https://www.newsarama.com/35568-warn...int-movie.html

DCCU getting Rebirthed

CyberCubed 07-22-2017 01:47 PM

Keep Wonder Woman, axe everyone else, except maybe Flash who is causing all this. That's the only thing I can see them doing. No way will they recast Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman anytime soon.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-22-2017 01:57 PM

Flashpoint? Not surprised.

TurtleTitan97 07-22-2017 01:58 PM

Figures they'd use that storyline to soft reboot the mess the DCEU has become.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-22-2017 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 (Post 1700783)
Figures they'd use that storyline to soft reboot the mess the DCEU has become.

I really don't see them doing any major rewrites with it. I mean, do we honestly expect them to swap in a different actor for Superman or something?

mrmaczaps 07-22-2017 04:35 PM

Keep the actors for the most recent films... recast GL/Hal Jordan and boot Cyborg to the Titans tk make room for Martian Manhunter, aka the heart and soul of the Justice League.

Andrew NDB 07-22-2017 07:35 PM

A Flashpoint movie? Ugh! That was a horrible comic. Geoff Johns' hands are all over this, all right.

mrmaczaps 07-22-2017 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1700868)
A Flashpoint movie? Ugh! That was a horrible comic. Geoff Johns' hands are all over this, all right.

Flashpoint as an idea works much better if they had used Wally West as he was always shown to be more impulsive and a bit selfish at times, always chasing Linda... verse Barry always giving his all for everyone else... but thats Johns for ya...

Turo602 07-22-2017 10:16 PM

I hope this means we get to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Batman.

Katie 07-23-2017 07:04 AM

I don't think they're using flashpoint to "reboot" anything. Maybe there will be some little situational changes, but the actors will remain the same.

Right now I'm liking the DC movies better than the Marvel movies, so I'm loking forward to this one :)

mrmaczaps 07-23-2017 01:09 PM

I am a Superman fan but I haven't liked any of the Super flicks.. Returns was a wuss & stalkerish... MoS & BvS he was too dark & batmanish... plus no Clark Kent, really... his supporting cast as Kent was weak... Cavill is fine as far as looks go, he nails the part...

Batfleck was fine other than going older with him being around a while...

Wonder Woman was near perfect.

Not sold on the actor playing the Flash... and that armor costume is horrendous.

And I've never cared for Cyborg at all and I like him even less being part of the League. He always fit best as a Titan. Taking Martian manhunter out of the League has always felt wrong to me...

Actually looking forward to the actor playing Aquaman... he was in Star Gate Atlantis, I think...

Marvel is easier for me to enjoy because I'm not a fan of the comics so tweaking the characters character doesn't bother me. If they get someone wrong from how they have been for 50 years, its no big deal. In my 30 some odd years of collecting, I've managed to amass about 50 yesrs of DC books so getting Superman 80% wrong as they have, its annoying...

But you are allowed to enjoy it if you want... :) Just not my cup of tea... but I will still see the movie and hope it does well.

CyberCubed 07-23-2017 01:11 PM

I think it would be funny if only Superman is recast.

TigerClaw 07-23-2017 01:32 PM

I think it's interesting that the first Flash movie we are getting, is based on Flashpoint, they can do all sorts of interesting stuff to twist the DCEU with the Flash screwing around with the timeline, then having to fix it.

mrmaczaps 07-23-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1701013)
I think it would be funny if only Superman is recast.

What if they just have Brandon Routh pop over for a bit part back in the duds? :lol:

Or John Wesley Shipp (know I didn't spell his name right) for a bit part as Barry Allen whose dead bro was Jay Allen...? Or Dean Cain shows up as Clark Kent? :lol:

Any number of clips could get used... both Green Arrows from Arrow & Smallville...

Or Smallville's Aquaman...

Coola Yagami 07-23-2017 02:14 PM

Let's just announce a bunch of random crazy **** that we may or may never make... and whatever garners the most positive audience reaction.... THAT'S the one we'll actually start working on.

Andrew NDB 08-06-2017 05:51 PM

I can't even begin to point out how stupid this is. Really, WB? They begin their DCEU with "The Dark Knight Returns" and "The Death of Superman" (???)... and now for an encore they want to begin their Flash franchise with "Flashpoint"?

wtf...

ToTheNines 08-06-2017 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1705368)
I can't even begin to point out how stupid this is. Really, WB? They begin their DCEU with "The Dark Knight Returns" and "The Death of Superman" (???)... and now for an encore they want to begin their Flash franchise with "Flashpoint"?

wtf...

It's mind blowing. Betcha the GL movie is a Rebirth adaption. Written by...

sdp 08-06-2017 06:06 PM

I guess the subtitle for Justice League Part 2 is going to be: Crisis on Infinite Earths. Wait is JL part 2 even happening any more? Now that I think about it I haven't read anything about it and this one is just being promoted as THE Justice League movie, part 2 was supposed to come out only a few months later no?

Andrew NDB 08-06-2017 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1705373)
Wait is JL part 2 even happening any more?

That was axed like almost 2 years ago, I think.

NinjaPug 01-16-2018 03:25 PM

WB hired new directors AFTER Ben Affleck turned them down. So much for Zemeckis directing this.

http://variety.com/2018/dirt/news/fl...202665854/amp/