The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Game Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=63728)

Zulithe 03-10-2021 07:59 AM

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge

In what looks like one of the best new and official TMNT games in quite some time, I present to you: Shredder's Revenge, a new beat-em-up!

Platforms: PC, Playstation, XBox, Nintendo Switch
Release Date: COMING SOON!

Quote:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge features groundbreaking gameplay rooted in timeless classic brawling mechanics, brought to you by the beat ’em up experts at Dotemu (Streets of Rage 4) and Tribute Games. Bash your way through gorgeous pixel art environments and slay tons of hellacious enemies with your favorite Turtle, each with his own skills and moves - making each run unique! Choose a fighter, use radical combos to defeat your opponents and experience intense combats loaded with breathtaking action and outrageous ninja abilities. Stay sharp as you face off against Shredder and his faithful Foot Clan alone, or grab your best buds and play with up to four players simultaneously!
Initial Trailer:

Gameplay Trailer:

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/s...f?t=1615388260

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/s...f?t=1615388260

Quote:

FEATURES:
* Gnarly game design takes you back to the ’80s
* Beautiful full-color pixel art graphics
* Old-school gameplay enhanced with super-fresh mechanics
* Up to four players simultaneously
* Play with iconic TMNT characters and vehicles in diverse gameplay options
* Radical new story mode
* And totally more to come!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...dders_Revenge/

gameinformer article with some more information

Official Discord: Check their store page for the Discord link!

Sumac 03-10-2021 08:06 AM

I'd prefer bigger sprites and faster gameplay, but compared to recent TMNT games - it looks ****ing sweet!

vicsavage 03-10-2021 08:20 AM

I need this now.

CyberCubed 03-10-2021 08:23 AM

Goddamit, I'll have to buy this. I don't know what it is but when you make stuff in the 80's cartoon style it immediately hits a nostalgia chord and compels me to spend money.

They really know their 30+ year old adults.

sdp 03-10-2021 08:27 AM

I hope it doesn't abuse the original 2 arcade games in terms of levels and is mostly original but so far the trailer looks fairly original so I think it's only a fear. High hopes.

CyberCubed 03-10-2021 08:28 AM

Given all the most recent TMNT games are either mobile phone garbage or have been bad/lackluster games (like Mutants in Manhattan), it'd be refreshing to play a "good" TMNT game again.

Sumac 03-10-2021 08:29 AM

I hope there is an option to give Turtles different colors a-la Turtles in Time.

RaphaelinSTL 03-10-2021 08:31 AM

This looks amazing!!! This has to come to the Switch.

sdp 03-10-2021 08:35 AM

Let's hope they saw what Merso X did with Rescue Palooza and the step up their game and deliver something good and not half assed like TMNT Arcade Attack

CyberCubed 03-10-2021 08:36 AM

Pretty sure it'll come to all modern consoles like these type of games tend to. My hope is it's pretty long at least 8-10 stages, has some good varied boss fights and some extra hard modes.

I see a lot of people comparing this to Streets of Rage 4 which just came out last year, if it's similar to that this should be good.

Zulithe 03-10-2021 08:43 AM

Added some more info to the OP.

There is an article up on gameinformer with some more information

https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/03...ut-of-the-ooze

oldmanwinters 03-10-2021 08:44 AM

Glad it's going to consoles and Steam rather being another micro-transaction mobile game!

Zulithe 03-10-2021 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1883943)
Glad it's going to consoles and Steam rather being another micro-transaction mobile game!

The entire fandom let out a collective sigh of relief, no doubt!

CyberCubed 03-10-2021 08:46 AM

I wonder if they got any of the old voice actors to reprise their roles. They probably didn't, but I suppose it's possible given the VA's worked with Nick on the crossovers in the 2012 cartoon.

Theonlywessmith 03-10-2021 08:48 AM

Good lord I cant wait for this!!! I wish this was the animation style for the next cartoon iteration TMNT: The Next chapter!!!! I would dig the hell out of a badass continuation of the FW series. That intro is beautiful!

oldmanwinters 03-10-2021 08:48 AM

I'm not personally familiar with the listed publisher Dotemu, but is there any indication that they now have the exclusive rights to TMNT console games?

Surprised to see they were also the Publisher on Streets of Rage 4. I thought that came out under the SEGA brand, but maybe not.

Diorm 03-10-2021 08:54 AM

If it's made by the guys from Scott Pilgrim, it's gonna be awesome, no doubt.

80gmrp 03-10-2021 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1883947)
I'm not personally familiar with the listed publisher Dotemu, but is there any indication that they now have the exclusive rights to TMNT console games?

Surprised to see they were also the Publisher on Streets of Rage 4. I thought that came out under the SEGA brand, but maybe not.

Speaking as the composer for a game in a somewhat similar vein, I did hear about SoR 4, which could mean this game might have a good developer given the circumstances.

Emphasize the circumstances. It’s good that Nick is no longer ignoring older fans completely, but honestly, this goes a little too far back for me, crazy as it may sound for someone obsessed with the 80s, and if a certain favorite character of mine must appear in this, I really hope the game will be like Rescue Palooza in that you can unlock different characters to play as, including him, though given what I have seen of this, I’m not holding my breath for that much.

UPDATE: also feel it best to let Zulithe and others know: the Discord link on Steam is invalid.

UPDATE #2: Discord link does seem to work now.

ZariusTwo 03-10-2021 09:08 AM

I appreciate that we're getting another retro style game and all...but...seriously? Strap me up for season eleven of Fred Wolf after that intro!

Igglet 03-10-2021 09:13 AM

holy ****ing ****

Tortuglio 03-10-2021 09:19 AM

Sweet news! I have much faith in Tribute Games, Jonathan Lavigne is a beast when it comes to pixel art. I believe that his previous works with Paul Robertson (Scott Pilgrim, Mercenary Kings) improved his art in many ways. TMNT for the GBA was a pretty good beat em up, add a bunch of years of experience and the opportunity as a developer to be more creative with gameplay and it sounds like a great possible game. Don't know much of Dotemu but i've heard great thing from the WB and SoR remakes.
So, fingers crossed! :tgrin:

Roseangelo 03-10-2021 09:29 AM

I just need them to confirm this will be on Switch and I can be 100% happy.

Zulithe 03-10-2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 80gmrp (Post 1883950)

UPDATE: also feel it best to let Zulithe and others know: the Discord link on Steam is invalid.

UPDATE #2: Discord link does seem to work now.

Check the description of their YouTube video for another link if it goes down again!

sdp 03-10-2021 09:35 AM

It's obviously going to be on Switch it's the most popular console right now, PS5/Xbox seem like a given, perhaps PS4/Xbox One as well. I doubt they have the rights to make TMNT games, just have the license for this one game, they're a small developer that were given a chance to work on the property not a big studio who purchased the license.

Let's see how it goes, I'll keep my expectations low but I think it'll be a great game, just perhaps not amazing.

darthsmozers 03-10-2021 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZariusTwo (Post 1883951)
I appreciate that we're getting another retro style game and all...but...seriously? Strap me up for season eleven of Fred Wolf after that intro!

Agreed! I don't even need the game! That video was worth it!

SS Kakarot 03-10-2021 09:37 AM

Very excited about this, it looks really good! :tgrin:
Hoping for a PS4 release! :D

CyberCubed 03-10-2021 09:37 AM

I can't believe Chrome Dome is in this. Talk about fanservice.

Roseangelo 03-10-2021 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1883959)
It's obviously going to be on Switch it's the most popular console right now

Except that a lot of developers still skip Switch, so it's not a given. Seems extremely likely, though.

bmxbandit 03-10-2021 09:44 AM

So pumped to see a fresh turtles game! Been way too long!

Deep down I still keep hoping we'll get a game similar to Spider-Man or the Rocksteady Studios Batman games but hopefully this sells well and gives the franchise some spotlight to hopefully make something like that a reality down the road.

CyberCubed 03-10-2021 09:55 AM

I'm surprised they didn't make it based on Rise. This probably started development before they knew Rise would be canceled.

shihe 03-10-2021 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1883940)
Let's hope they saw what Merso X did with Rescue Palooza and the step up their game and deliver something good and not half assed like TMNT Arcade Attack

I have a feeling they did!
Cause they certainly did their homework with Streets of Rage 4, bringing it really close to an official Streets of Rage Remake.

So I have complete confidence in them.
Heck, this version of April o'Neil isn't famous for fighting, yet she does. I have a feeling she and Splinter will be unlockable. (Hopefully Casey too, and if that's the case, wonder who the 4th will be).

I love everything about the trailer. Sprite size included!
Also hoping they don't rehash too many levels and bosses. (Like, they can use the same boss characters, but would be good of they don't fight exactly like in TAG or TiT).

Roseangelo 03-10-2021 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1883976)
I'm surprised they didn't make it based on Rise. This probably started development before they knew Rise would be canceled.

Or they wanted to make a game that people would actually want to play, and thus be successful, so this is exactly what they were always planning to make.

Mexiun 03-10-2021 12:05 PM

So hyped for this!
Finally a TMNT game i want to buy after... well, forever.
Really hope they put Slash in this game (based on the toy or Archie, not the horrible hulking ones after those versions)

FrederikWolferson 03-10-2021 12:24 PM

Damn,looks great.

Mad Dog McMutt 03-10-2021 12:26 PM

I never thought I would ever see a new turtles game with the original cartoon characters. I am super excited. It's like a dream come true.

CyberCubed 03-10-2021 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Dog McMutt (Post 1884016)
I never thought I would ever see a new turtles game with the original cartoon characters. I am super excited. It's like a dream come true.

Wasn't there one on mobile phones going on the last few years?

Zulithe 03-10-2021 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1884017)

Yes and it's still active and free to play for those with the patience. There is a thread here on the VG Discussion forum for those interested.

80gmrp 03-10-2021 12:38 PM

On a note related to my own concerns, I was informed of a petition for this game to include the Mighty Mutantimals as DLC.

https://www.change.org/p/tribute-gam...f-81a4f0ee8796

Mad Dog McMutt 03-10-2021 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1884017)

I didn't know about it. I don't keep up with mobile phone games because I hate touch screen controls. Besides, I have a ton of game consoles to play games on.

shredder orokusaki 03-10-2021 12:50 PM

YEESSSS MY NEW GAME FINALY ANNOUNCED! I will beat the turltes again and again I will also upload a video with me fighting the turtles(last boss fight) and beating them! They will not escape me this time!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86JYR7bK6RU i WILL take my REVENGE! MUHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHA!!!!!!