The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   SDCC Exclusive NECA TMNT Speculation (2019) (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=61417)

Dane E5R 07-19-2019 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zelu1984 (Post 1813341)
I agree they went for the model sheet look but the chin and nose are off for sure!

https://i.ibb.co/tx0rw1V/APRIL111.jpg

Man, LOOK AT THAT, y’all! The fact that it lines up THAT well with the model sheet it amazing to me!

italianice388 07-19-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

I agree they went for the model sheet look but the chin and nose are off for sure!

Awesome work! You should be working at Neca. For real.

Points out that her jaw is WAY off, eyes are two close together / lacking in liner, and the lips are too pursed.

italianice388 07-19-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dane E5R (Post 1813350)
Man, LOOK AT THAT, y’all! The fact that it lines up THAT well with the model sheet it amazing to me!

It really doesn't though. You have to agree that at least the jaw difference is pretty egregious.

mikey see 07-19-2019 01:14 PM

Great comparison. They definitely got close but they missed the mark in a few key areas as others have pointed out.

I'd add that the neck is also pretty scrawny.

mikey0 07-19-2019 05:12 PM

There will never be a perfectly made FW cartoon April. FW cartoon fans should just hold on to their animation cels sold at ToysRUs in the early 90s. Cels and screen-caps are as good as it gets.

Dane E5R 07-19-2019 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by italianice388 (Post 1813359)
It really doesn't though. You have to agree that at least the jaw difference is pretty egregious.

I have to agree that it isn’t spot on, but it is absurdly close- especially in terms of sculpting something in 3 dimensions from a flat model sheet. I think you guys are nitpicking, which is wholly your prerogative- but the girl looks great to me. I can’t get that thing on my shelf fast enough.

italianice388 07-19-2019 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dane E5R (Post 1813438)
I have to agree that it isn’t spot on, but it is absurdly close- especially in terms of sculpting something in 3 dimensions from a flat model sheet. I think you guys are nitpicking, which is wholly your prerogative- but the girl looks great to me. I can’t get that thing on my shelf fast enough.

I'm with you there; I can't wait to snag one. I do just hope they make a few tweaks to get it a little closer.

zelu1984 07-20-2019 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by italianice388 (Post 1813441)
I'm with you there; I can't wait to snag one. I do just hope they make a few tweaks to get it a little closer.

same here, even if this is the final version I will gladly add her to my collection but I hope for some small changes.

Do we know who is packed with who for Wave 2,3 and 4? (I read that Rocksteady and Bebop are scheduled for September this year but no info if they are packed together but probably yes)

oldmanwinters 07-20-2019 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zelu1984 (Post 1813489)
same here, even if this is the final version I will gladly add her to my collection but I hope for some small changes.

Do we know who is packed with who for Wave 2,3 and 4? (I read that Rocksteady and Bebop are scheduled for September this year but no info if they are packed together but probably yes)

Neca social media hinted at April/Casey 2-pak a few weeks ago in response to a user comment.

Garfield 07-20-2019 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz (Post 1812957)
Live from SDCC Its The Annual episodic Pixel Dan and Randy Show from The Neca Booth

Those look really good. I'm loving the Cartoon Slash and Metalhead. Holy smokes that Metalhead looks really good.

I'm not usually an adult figure collector. but boy oh boy I might have to pick those two up.

Anyone have an idea of the scale of the figures? how many inches tall are they?

xZAOx 07-20-2019 08:55 AM

The rest of the new reveals look good, but the fact is, April's head is just bad. It's not up to snuff with the rest of their designs.

Honestly it's hard for me to get excited for their cartoon line anyways. The Target release thing is terrible. Still never seen any of them on shelves. Not confident I'll be able to get anything other than the after market.

wpugh2424 07-20-2019 09:46 AM

where at in TN do you live? I live in TN also and I haven't seen them either

xZAOx 07-20-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpugh2424 (Post 1813532)

I sold you a big pile of TMNT about 2 years ago hehe. I'm in Spring Hill, you're in Crossville.

I have the cartoon SDCC set that I got lucky enough to get, but I can't see getting the rest realistically any way but paying double on eBay.

I have a big collection of Transformers friends though, maybe some of them will see it and can hook me up.

zelu1984 07-20-2019 02:21 PM

I don't know if you guys noticed but the Techondrome diorama screen has Easter eggs and it's showing some of the upcoming figures :)

https://i.ibb.co/cLB9MJ0/turtles.png

They also changed the display slightly and now Shredder is sitting down looking at the Krang's Android body blueprint so I have a feeling that by the end of the show Android Krang will be sitting next to Shredder on the 2nd chair :P

mikey0 07-20-2019 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xZAOx (Post 1813527)
The rest of the new reveals look good, but the fact is, April's head is just bad. It's not up to snuff with the rest of their designs.

Honestly it's hard for me to get excited for their cartoon line anyways. The Target release thing is terrible. Still never seen any of them on shelves. Not confident I'll be able to get anything other than the after market.

Are you looking at the pop culture items over by the DVDs in your Target stores? The NECA 2 packs should be on the lowest shelf in the small pop culture section.

xZAOx 07-20-2019 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey0 (Post 1813673)
Are you looking at the pop culture items over by the DVDs in your Target stores? The NECA 2 packs should be on the lowest shelf in the small pop culture section.

Yes, very familiar with where the NECA section is hehe. They don't even have a label / spot for the TMNT there. They have plenty of other stuff.

Shark_Blade 07-20-2019 11:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by italianice388 (Post 1813357)
Awesome work! You should be working at Neca. For real.

Points out that her jaw is WAY off, eyes are two close together / lacking in liner, and the lips are too pursed.

An artist with a good painting skill can easily give her a makeover and make her look as good (or even better!) as that model sheet. :D I can see it happening.

EddieNES 07-22-2019 09:07 AM

Did Pixel Dan ever say if Randy showed him stuff from his phone?

Is Pixel Dan even a member here? Seems he should.

Coro 07-22-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xZAOx (Post 1813527)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpugh2424 (Post 1813532)

Quote:

Originally Posted by xZAOx (Post 1813538)
I sold you a big pile of TMNT about 2 years ago hehe. I'm in Spring Hill, you're in Crossville.

I have the cartoon SDCC set that I got lucky enough to get, but I can't see getting the rest realistically any way but paying double on eBay.

I have a big collection of Transformers friends though, maybe some of them will see it and can hook me up.

I have 2 complete sets. If you want them they are available, but at 53 per unit plus shipping most people pass.

wpugh2424 07-22-2019 02:37 PM

I dont need the first wave as I got those with the sdcc release I'm just worries about the future waves
thanks for offering though