The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Are we just phoning it in? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59002)

Casey 10-24-2017 11:04 AM

Are we just phoning it in?

I know that the last couple arcs are released on DVD and other countries at different times, but why aren’t we doing those official episode discussion threads anymore? I wanted to go out with a bang, not with a whimper. I don’t like starting with the ones we’ve posted because they have so many spoilers right off the bat.

neatoman 10-24-2017 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey (Post 1723720)
I know that the last couple arcs are released on DVD and other countries at different times, but why aren’t we doing those official episode discussion threads anymore? I wanted to go out with a bang, not with a whimper. I don’t like starting with the ones we’ve posted because they have so many spoilers right off the bat.

Here's the thing, do you really think most people here care about the official first airing in the US? Most of us went ahead and watched the Korean dub of the season 4 finale, despite not speaking Korean. We've already seen the last episodes over a month ago, there's nothing new to talk about.

IndigoErth 10-24-2017 11:29 AM

By just deciding to toss it all onto DVD early Nick themselves pretty much ruined the discussion aspect after an ep airs on tv... I suppose its good they only did this now toward the end, but shame that they did.

Likewise, I'm not big on using the threads made for the DVDs for reasons of spoilers as you stated, but also that it's already so many pages in and the excitement is already gone for many, so the opinion of those of us left still waiting for it to be on tv are, I feel, somewhat pointless to even share much of now... :ohwell:

That all countries couldn't just have everything at the same time, all the time, is stupid.

CyberCubed 10-24-2017 11:34 AM

People really watched the Korean dub? :lol:

Anyway, the DVD discussion threads for the last airing episodes ARE the review threads. Post in those.

Autbot_Benz 10-24-2017 11:57 AM

Well Nick Phoned it in when they decided to release half of the Tales on DVD before it aired.

ABrown 10-24-2017 02:38 PM

I for one have waited for the episodes to air on television to watch them. So I still have the final three Turtles Forever wannabe episodes to see.

CyberCubed 10-24-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABrown (Post 1723765)
So I still have the final three Turtles Forever wannabe episodes to see.

What is this supposed to mean? The episodes have nothing to do with Turtles Forever plot.

Coola Yagami 10-24-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1723766)
What is this supposed to mean? The episodes have nothing to do with Turtles Forever plot.

You know what he means.

neatoman 10-24-2017 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1723766)

CyberCubed 10-24-2017 02:42 PM

Yeah, I know what he means, but that description still doesn't describe the episodes. A crossover episode with a different plot is still a different type of episode.

Casey 11-01-2017 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoErth (Post 1723726)
By just deciding to toss it all onto DVD early Nick themselves pretty much ruined the discussion aspect after an ep airs on tv... I suppose its good they only did this now toward the end, but shame that they did.

Likewise, I'm not big on using the threads made for the DVDs for reasons of spoilers as you stated, but also that it's already so many pages in and the excitement is already gone for many, so the opinion of those of us left still waiting for it to be on tv are, I feel, somewhat pointless to even share much of now... :ohwell:

That all countries couldn't just have everything at the same time, all the time, is stupid.

I guess I just wanted to finish out the series like you are doing and also have the comradery that I experienced on this site while watching the show since its beginning.

myconius 11-03-2017 08:33 AM

i'd say they are NOT phoning it in, because dialing would actually require too much effort.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 12-16-2017 04:16 PM

The entire series will probably not be released to DVD in all countires at all.