The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Generation Z (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48775)

TurtleWA 09-11-2017 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 (Post 1713310)
...things are no different than what they were years ago really.

Redeemer 09-11-2017 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1713249)
Generation Z would be a killer title for a zombie millennials show.

Definitely would be a great title

BubblyShell22 09-12-2017 06:37 AM

I agree about the zombie movie title. Would love to see something like that.

plastroncafe 09-12-2017 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemer (Post 1713334)
Definitely would be a great title

It's a little derivative of World War Z though, don't you think?
My bet is that if they make a movie called Generation Z and I'll be one of those Purge type movies.

How many of those things are there now?

Cure 09-12-2017 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1713454)

How many of those things are there now?

Three, with a fourth coming.

ProactiveMan 09-12-2017 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemer (Post 1713042)
WTF??????? Gen Z cannot include people born in the late 90's..........The Millennial generation starts in the late 80/ early 90s and a generation is 25 years... how can there only be a 6 year gap between the generations?????? :lol:
This is sad

Millennial is pretty much just a re-brand of Gen Y, so depending on who you ask, the millennial generation starts as early as 1980. The logic being that they "came of age" around the new millennium.

Papenbrook 10-02-2018 09:20 AM

We're already living in the future.

It's so ... enticing ...

Papenbrook 05-14-2021 10:48 PM

So, in the the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, how will Generation Z evolve from the situation?

Personally, I feel like we will be more self-conscious.

Zulithe 05-14-2021 11:00 PM

I don't know many Gen Zers in my personal life, mostly exposed to them online. If I did know more, i think I'd have more of an opinion. I don't want to base my thoughts on what a segment of them that spend most of their time on social media are like, because that's very skewed.

Sumac 05-15-2021 06:03 AM

They will become even more nervous wrecks and require even more xanax and smoothies to pacify them.

Sadly Zoomers are generation of infantile spoiled kids - it is hard to see them improve in any kind of situation.

sdp 05-15-2021 10:43 AM

Friendly reminder that zoomers are now in their 20s, they grew up with social media. They're fine but will be seen as "entitled" by people from other generations because that's what people from other generations always judge younger generations on. "In my time...."

I actually really like gen z humor
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...27/204/708.jpg

Sumac 05-15-2021 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1892173)
Friendly reminder that zoomers are now in their 20s, they grew up with social media. They're fine but will be seen as "entitled" by people from other generations because that's what people from other generations always judge younger generations on. "In my time...."

Nah, they are really entitled idiots.
Not all of them, but quite a lot to have a visible effect on the world.

Papenbrook 05-15-2021 01:43 PM

Quote:

Actually, some of them are still in school.

I just see a significant number of young individuals trying to make their mark societally and culturally. They're trying to
develop the world in a way that only they can.
It's ... all so promising.

I wonder how they will impact the world. How will their customs morph the planet?

Sumac 05-16-2021 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papenbrook (Post 1892190)
I just see a significant number of young individuals trying to make their mark societally and culturally. They're trying to
develop the world in a way that only they can.
It's ... all so promising.

If new totalitarian regime, suppressing free speech and free thought is what you call "promising", don't be shocked, when those young individuals end up on analogue of "Nurnberg trials".

Papenbrook 05-18-2021 02:30 AM

I have some faith in them.

I hope they will be able to save the future.

Sumac 05-18-2021 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papenbrook (Post 1892582)
I have some faith in them.

I hope they will be able to save the future.

So far they want to set us back to the middle ages, by turning West into ineffective shithole like a Soviet Union once was and letting Western culture and achievements being torn down by "peaceful and loving" migrants.

And all of this just so Establishment (bureaucrats and corporations) could get a better control over population.

So, as I said, if your utopia is a totalitarian shithole - new generations are on the right track it seems.

Papenbrook 10-02-2021 12:18 AM

By the end of this decade, we will get to see the full capabilities of Generation Z.

I can't wait to see what Zoomers are capable of. :D

On another note, I wonder if Gen Z will largely absorb the lessons from their predecessors. Maybe, they will be able to grasp the gravity of what went wrong, while trying not to dwell on it.

Hopefully, history won't repeat itself.

ssjup81 10-11-2021 08:43 AM

Quote:

I don't get the joke for either. ^^;

sdp 10-11-2021 09:40 AM

Gen Z humor is supposed to be "abstract", like this i so god damn stupid it's funny because it makes no sense. Sort of like a corrupted Pee Wee's Playhouse, that's why I like it. It's always something new too, not rehashed memes like Pepe and others that everyone keeps sharing over and over.

Sumac 10-11-2021 10:25 AM

So basically beginning of the 20th century.
Just this **** is a reaction to the Internet and failed belief in the Democracy, as opposed to consequence of the horrors of the World War.