The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Game Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=63728)

Mad Dog McMutt 03-13-2021 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1884222)
I think they'll start off with the most recognizable characters because this is a new game, and then if we get DLC or a sequel, we'll get more "deep cuts" so to speak.

I dream of a day where I can fight Tempestra, Shreeka, and Mad Dog McMutt in a videogame.

Finally somebody in this forum mentions Mad Dog McMutt.

CyberCubed 03-13-2021 11:28 PM

I have 99.8% of all TMNT characters memorized in my mind, so I was bound to say everyone eventually.

SS Kakarot 03-14-2021 08:34 AM

There's reports going around that the game will be released during Q3 this year for PS5, XBox (Series X, XBox One) and PC. :-?

Shark_Blade 03-14-2021 09:56 AM

If it’s true, pity there’s no Switch version. :( PC & PS5 then.

Mexiun 03-14-2021 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS Kakarot (Post 1884816)
There's reports going around that the game will be released during Q3 this year for PS5, XBox (Series X, XBox One) and PC. :-?

Not even Ps4? I hope thats not true, not many people even have Ps5's yet and i want this game to sell as best as it could :ohwell:
I'll be playing it on the PC because of a friend of mine to play online anyway but still.

RaphaelinSTL 03-14-2021 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 1884822)
If it’s true, pity there’s no Switch version. :( PC & PS5 then.

Pardon my french, but there's no ****ing way this game doesn't come out on Nintendo Switch. Streets of Rage 4 / Scott Pilgrim had a console wide release and I suspect the same for TMNT.

It could be them just being coy ... but when asked directly on Twitter about a Switch version, they tweeted out the "pc and consoles" response. It's easier to ignore things fans don't want to hear, so I'm taking their quickness to respond with anything when asked that as positive news.

CyberCubed 03-14-2021 12:00 PM

It's obviously going to come out on Switch and most platforms, stop jumping to conclusions, everyone.

SS Kakarot 03-14-2021 01:09 PM

I also find it hard to believe it won't come out on Switch at some point.
Still hoping for a PS4 release myself. :tsmile:

Zulithe 03-14-2021 03:35 PM

It will come to Switch, though it's possible it won't be one of the game's launch platforms if this report is accurate. It's a pixel art game... it can easily run on the Switch, maybe they just don't have the people to work on so many platforms at one time.

There's also the possibility that it's not included in this 'leak' because it could be digital-only on Switch, so there would be no case artwork for it in such a case. Many games only release digitally on Switch to avoid the greater costs due to the cartridges.

Andrew NDB 03-14-2021 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1884838)
It's obviously going to come out on Switch and most platforms, stop jumping to conclusions, everyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS Kakarot (Post 1884845)
I also find it hard to believe it won't come out on Switch at some point.
Still hoping for a PS4 release myself. :tsmile:

I'm pretty sure this game would run fine on a PS1... I'm sure it's coming out on all the modern platforms.

RaphaelinSTL 03-14-2021 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulithe (Post 1884868)
There's also the possibility that it's not included in this 'leak' because it could be digital-only on Switch, so there would be no case artwork for it in such a case. Many games only release digitally on Switch to avoid the greater costs due to the cartridges.

In that case I'm sure I'll be buying it twice whenever the inevitable Limited Run Games collector's edition gets announced in the 3-4 months post-digital release.

oldmanwinters 03-14-2021 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1884872)
I'm pretty sure this game would run fine on a PS1... I'm sure it's coming out on all the modern platforms.

Nah, PS1/PSX would cut about every non-essential animation frame from the sprites.

I get the gist of what you are saying though. :twink:

Powder 03-14-2021 06:23 PM

I'll get this on PC & Switch alike, to have the option to play with different friends (assuming online multiplayer is an option) & portability.

Tuxedo Moroboshi 03-14-2021 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1884872)

I don't think it's a question of if the console is powerful enough to run it or not. To this day, The Disney Afternoon Collection still hasn't come out on Switch despite just being a collection of NES games. Granted, that was earlier on in the Switch's life cycle, before 3rd party devs were sure of how successful the Switch was going to be, but it still never did get a release even afterward.

But, ya, it really doesn't make sense to not have this come out on PS4 and Switch, but I wouldn't be totally surprised by such a dumb decision actually happening.

Andrew NDB 03-14-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuxedo Moroboshi (Post 1884899)
I don't think it's a question of if the console is powerful enough to run it or not. To this day, The Disney Afternoon Collection still hasn't come out on Switch despite just being a collection of NES games. Granted, that was earlier on in the Switch's life cycle, before 3rd party devs were sure of how successful the Switch was going to be, but it still never did get a release even afterward.

But, ya, it really doesn't make sense to not have this come out on PS4 and Switch, but I wouldn't be totally surprised by such a dumb decision actually happening.

Well, if it doesn't come out on Switch, we can be sure that's because of legal reasons or money (as in, Nintendo won't offer them what Microsoft and Sony are offering them, or their deal with Sony and/or Microsoft incentivizes them to NOT put it on Switch). But if it's coming to PS5 then of course it'll be on PS4, too. That would be the most hilarious thing ever if something like this was a "PS5 Exclusive," on the Sony side. There would be absolutely no reason for that, for obvious reasons.

Diorm 03-15-2021 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL (Post 1884875)
In that case I'm sure I'll be buying it twice whenever the inevitable Limited Run Games collector's edition gets announced in the 3-4 months post-digital release.

I hope they don't. I wont be able to resist a special edition physical release of this game...
Then again, scalpers might be too fast for me.

oldmanwinters 03-15-2021 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1884913)
Well, if it doesn't come out on Switch, we can be sure that's because of legal reasons or money (as in, Nintendo won't offer them what Microsoft and Sony are offering them, or their deal with Sony and/or Microsoft incentivizes them to NOT put it on Switch). But if it's coming to PS5 then of course it'll be on PS4, too. That would be the most hilarious thing ever if something like this was a "PS5 Exclusive," on the Sony side. There would be absolutely no reason for that, for obvious reasons.

In that TwitterSpaces interview from last week, the developers stated that console ports were moreso the prerogative of the hardware companies, which I'm assuming is a vague way of saying exactly what you described.

TigerClaw 03-15-2021 02:37 PM

This isn't the only game that's causing a resurgence of FW TMNT. There's the mobile game TMNT: Mutant Madness that is based on FW TMNT. All the playable characters are FW TMNT characters. They all have updated versions of the classic FW designs too.

sdp 03-15-2021 02:44 PM

lol nobody is playing Mutant Madness

oldmanwinters 03-15-2021 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1885005)
lol nobody is playing Mutant Madness

Every time I try, it crashes my Kindle! :tlol: