The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Carrie remake delayed (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=41961)

ObiWanFan4life 03-29-2013 05:26 AM

Carrie remake delayed

The remake of the 1976 Horror classic starring Chlöe-Grace Moretz and Julianne Moore has been moved to a release date on October 18th,2013. And while many of us DETEST remakes if this one's any good it should give it a better chance of doing well at the box office since that's Halloween time.

Cure 03-29-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtles2k12 (Post 1077218)
And while many of us DETEST remakes

Oh great, you're one of those people.

ObiWanFan4life 03-30-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cure (Post 1077486)
Oh great, you're one of those people.

What's that supposed to mean:x

Cure 03-30-2013 11:27 AM

It means you hate remakes for being remakes without giving them a chance.

ObiWanFan4life 03-30-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cure (Post 1077698)
It means you hate remakes for being remakes without giving them a chance.

Um NO, I detest remakes for butchering the originals. In fact, the 2004 Remake of Dawn of the Dead is one of my all time favorite horror films.

JakeSully 04-02-2013 08:29 PM

The new Carrie is NOT a remake, it's a re-adaptation of the novel.

Remakes and re-adaptations are 2 different things you know!

Remakes mean if the original movie is based on an original screenplay/story that is NOT based on a book/novella/comic then it's a remake, The Blob and Hills Have Eyes are TRUE examples of remakes as they are based on original screenplays.

Re-adaptation means another adaptation of a book/novella/comics then it's a re-adaptation.

For example:

John Carpenter's The Thing was in NO form or shape a remake except by the title and there are little similarities and the 1951/1982 movies have little in common except alien and snow. Both movies are adaptations of John Campbell's 1938 novella "Who Goes There", The Thing from Another World was a good movie but a really terrible terrible adaptation of the story as it was nothing like the original story it ditched nearly everything about the story. Carpenter's movie was NOT a remake of the Thing from Another World, sure Carpenter is a Howard Hawks fan and there are a few homages like circle of men and titles, that's just it. The locations, the nature of the alien, the methods of the alien, discovery of the ship, origin of the ship, character backgrounds-definitely not a remake. Carpenter's movie is by far the truest adaptation of the novella.

Leo656 04-05-2013 01:40 AM

I hope this does well, Moretz is an awesome actress. I always thought Carrie was a bit overrated as a film, but it was a whole generation before my time so there's always some disconnect, there. Definitely doesn't seem as sacred and untouchable as some make it out to be, though.

Cure 04-05-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1079926)
I hope this does well, Moretz is an awesome actress. I always thought Carrie was a bit overrated as a film, but it was a whole generation before my time so there's always some disconnect, there. Definitely doesn't seem as sacred and untouchable as some make it out to be, though.

Yeah, that too. It's really quite a boring movie until the end. Even then, it's not much better.

NameGoesHere1066 04-07-2013 10:02 AM

I remember liking the made for TV movie of Carrie. Though I thought it was a weird twist to have her live instead of dying.

Jephael 04-08-2013 09:14 PM

As a fan of the talented young Miss Moretz I am extremely excited to see this flick.

Leo656 04-08-2013 10:24 PM

She's actually more talented than a lot of famous actresses twice her age. If she can stay out of trouble and not fall into the traps so many child stars fall into, she should be a Huge Star in a few years.