The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Game Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=63728)

Andrew NDB 07-13-2023 04:01 PM

Mash, mash, mash the buttons, look at the Archie people in the backgrounds.

CyberCubed 07-13-2023 04:36 PM

And yet, I'll still pay money for this, assuming it's $10 or less.

Sumac 07-13-2023 04:52 PM

I hope they will add Shredder and other playable bosses as regular playable characters into the Arcade mode. I know it won't make sense for Shredder fighting Shredder as a final boss, but come on, more playable characters the better. Especially, if they have all necessary animations or close to it.

Ultimately I'dprefer more levels, but I take what I can get.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1967966)
Mash, mash, mash the buttons, look at the Archie people in the backgrounds.

Good, as the good arcade game should be.
I take it over some combo heavy 3D nonsense or walking simulators with "cinematographic cutscenes" and EPIC QTEs, like most action games this days.

RaphaelinSTL 07-13-2023 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumac (Post 1967978)
Good, as the good arcade game should be.
I take it over some combo heavy 3D nonsense or walking simulators with "cinematographic cutscenes" and EPIC QTEs, like most action games this days.

Amen. If I had a dollar for every time someone had to comment about a beat 'em up cause they're so plugged into their ******, homogeneous single-player AAA-style buggy mess of a game, I'd have a lot of dollars.

And for anyone who does want that kind of experience you're talking about, hopefully, whatever that Last Ronin game ends up turning out to be the better version of that.

CyberCubed 07-13-2023 05:48 PM

Judging by all the Archie universe cameos, if we do get a full sequel it'll probably be based on the Archie TMNT universe which makes a lot of sense. To casuals it'll seem like the same thing as the original cartoon universe, and we'd have a ton of more bosses and enemies to face.

RaphaelinSTL 07-13-2023 06:17 PM

The old Konami games borrowed from movies, cartoons, Mirage, Archie, and Playmates to kind of make it it's own thing ... so I'd be down for more of that too.

LeotheLateBloomer 07-13-2023 06:29 PM

Doesn't seem like we'll get anything from the Red Sky era.

I really think these people should try a Simpsons Arcade successor and more than ever because Julie Kavner as Marge is really cracking with the voice.

TigerClaw 07-13-2023 06:41 PM

Cudley the Cowlick and the Warrior Dragon from the archie comics was spotted in the new trailer.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F08q4R3W...jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F08q5frX...g&name=900x900

Sumac 07-13-2023 09:51 PM

Cudley is probably the last being I'd expected to see cameo of, but not surprising given how much Archie influenced TMNT video games.
Hothead cameo makes sense - he was in Tournament Fighters after all.

Shark_Blade 07-13-2023 10:52 PM

We need the release date for this dlc.

TigerClaw 07-14-2023 05:02 PM

Armaggon also appears in the background in the DLC.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...252/image0.jpg

Andrew NDB 07-14-2023 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumac (Post 1968002)
Cudley is probably the last being I'd expected to see cameo of, but not surprising given how much Archie influenced TMNT video games.
Hothead cameo makes sense - he was in Tournament Fighters after all.

Interesting it is Hothead and not the Warrior Dragon, with all the other Archie love going on there.

TigerClaw 07-14-2023 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1968100)
Interesting it is Hothead and not the Warrior Dragon, with all the other Archie love going on there.

Warrior Dragon and Hothead are the same, That's just his name given in the Tournament Fighters NES game

Andrew NDB 07-14-2023 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1968102)
Warrior Dragon and Hothead are the same, That's just his name given in the Tournament Fighters NES game

And the toy, though, right?

TigerClaw 07-14-2023 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1968105)
And the toy, though, right?

Also on the toy, Its just he was never called Hothead in the comics.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/c3MAA...LH/s-l1600.jpg

He has the same origin from the comics.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/CWsAA...LW/s-l1600.jpg

Shark_Blade 07-15-2023 10:38 AM

You can play as Shredder.

https://twitter.com/dotemu/status/16...Mscglea0jsy8-w

TigerClaw 07-15-2023 06:55 PM

Other characters spotted in the DLC is Kerma, Fugitoid and Armaggon.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F1HeDnmW...g&name=360x360

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F1HgEptW...g&name=360x360

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F1HgGQYX...g&name=360x360

oldmanwinters 07-15-2023 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1968105)
And the toy, though, right?

He also got a one-off feature in the not-Archie magazine comic strips!
http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2014/...e-welsh-2.html

Only been red in the toyline, unless you count the 2k12 version.

TigerClaw 07-16-2023 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1968197)
He also got a one-off feature in the not-Archie magazine comic strips!
http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2014/...e-welsh-2.html

Only been red in the toyline, unless you count the 2k12 version.

Its too bad the 2012 version had nothing to do with the original, They just created a new character and slapped the name Hothead over it.

Sumac 07-16-2023 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1968225)
Its too bad the 2012 version had nothing to do with the original, They just created a new character and slapped the name Hothead over it.

Isn't it like half of the character in 2k12?

TigerClaw 07-16-2023 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumac (Post 1968230)
Isn't it like half of the character in 2k12?

Pretty much.

Wednesday's Serial 07-21-2023 08:21 AM

With good reason. I'm glad TMNT gets to reinvent itself often rather than having the burden of decades after awhile. That never goes well.

Ninjinister 07-21-2023 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1968225)
Its too bad the 2012 version had nothing to do with the original, They just created a new character and slapped the name Hothead over it.

Not really. Other than an in-joke on an on-screen webpage we just have Mikey calling him that as a nickname. Might as well say that the Inuwashi Gunjin named Hothead also falls into this. At least that was his actual name.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wednesday's Serial (Post 1968767)
With good reason. I'm glad TMNT gets to reinvent itself often rather than having the burden of decades after awhile. That never goes well.

Truth.

Sumac 07-21-2023 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wednesday's Serial (Post 1968767)
With good reason. I'm glad TMNT gets to reinvent itself often rather than having the burden of decades after awhile. That never goes well.

Alternatively - if thing is reinventing itself again and again, it loses its identity to the point, where it completely loses anything, which made it interesting and recognizable in the first place. It remains "in name only" thing.

Granted such transformation had occurred when FW was created, but it is not a reason to pump more and ore of such versions. Not to mention they are clear oversaturation.

Andrew NDB 07-21-2023 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1968197)
He also got a one-off feature in the not-Archie magazine comic strips!
http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2014/...e-welsh-2.html

Oh yes, I remember. And have that. Though it is different than the Archie version of his origin.

Barkworm 07-22-2023 10:39 PM

Clearly, they are at least similar characters but unlike Hothead the Warrior Dragon was huge, wasn't he?

TigerClaw 07-23-2023 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkworm (Post 1968945)
Clearly, they are at least similar characters but unlike Hothead the Warrior Dragon was huge, wasn't he?

He can grow to Kaiju size, but can be human size as well.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/37f5ffe2...2ffb74d6ec.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cXKAdawHD...s1600/31-4.jpg

Barkworm 07-24-2023 04:57 AM

Oh thanks! I don't remember that at all. Were he and April in love or something?

oldmanwinters 07-24-2023 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkworm (Post 1969078)
Oh thanks! I don't remember that at all. Were he and April in love or something?

I think... they stopped just short of going "all the way" in their make-out session (due to April putting the brakes on things).
http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2010/...ntures-31.html

TigerClaw 07-24-2023 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkworm (Post 1969078)
Oh thanks! I don't remember that at all. Were he and April in love or something?

Yes, They may have gotten together and had children, Because in the future timeline of the archie comics, We meet a character name Nobuko, She's a student of future Leo, And she is April's great-granddaughter.
https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/Nobuko_(Archie)

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/upl.../2189924-2.jpg

Wednesday's Serial 07-28-2023 11:46 AM

When does the DLC come out? I just wanna play it now!

RaphaelinSTL 08-16-2023 09:09 AM

Karai added to Dimension Shellshock DLC. Available August 31st!

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/s...g?t=1692198081

Chaotix12345 08-16-2023 09:45 AM

We also have the DLC's price point. Like I figured, it's $7.99, the same price as SOR4's.

Jazzed to check this out! Figured Karai was one of the frontrunners for a playable spot since they'd obviously want to add another female option and she was previously revealed to be on the list of usable characters. Crazy to see Halfcourt, Carter, and freaking ZACH make background cameos as well.

Zulithe 08-16-2023 09:54 AM

Day1 on this DLC for me

Sumac 08-16-2023 10:24 AM

If I didn't know this game has nothing to do with 2k3, I would have been sure Karai is from 2k3 series.

ZariusTwo 08-16-2023 10:30 AM

A 23K themed Karai makes sense, Turtles Forever did happen so she is canon to 87.

Sumac 08-16-2023 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZariusTwo (Post 1972637)
A 23K themed Karai makes sense, Turtles Forever did happen so she is canon to 87.

She also was in Tournament Fighters on SNES and Sega Genesus, which was kind of merge'everse between FW and Archie.

Though, due to her appearance in Shredder's Revenge, I don't like implication that in FW'verse she is also Shredder's daughter or his apprentice. Though it will be interesting to see, if she has some biography or description in-game.

If there's pet peeve of mine, it is that I really wish some popular series, finally acknowledged Karai status as Shredder superior. Yeah, Shredders' Revenge is probably not the place for it, but still.

oldmanwinters 08-16-2023 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumac (Post 1972645)
Though, due to her appearance in Shredder's Revenge, I don't like implication that in FW'verse she is also Shredder's daughter or his apprentice. Though it will be interesting to see, if she has some biography or description in-game.

Fred Wolf Shredder is actually one of the few Sakis in the Turtle-verse that I can actually see... "getting around."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 (Post 1972629)
We also have the DLC's price point. Like I figured, it's $7.99, the same price as SOR4's.

Jazzed to check this out! Figured Karai was one of the frontrunners for a playable spot since they'd obviously want to add another female option and she was previously revealed to be on the list of usable characters. Crazy to see Halfcourt, Carter, and freaking ZACH make background cameos as well.

I wonder if we'll see a re-release of the physical version with the DLC-included (maybe via download code) like they did with SoR4.

Sumac 08-16-2023 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1972648)
Fred Wolf Shredder is actually one of the few Sakis in the Turtle-verse that I can actually see... "getting around."

Yep. :lol:

Going on tangent: but then she is either should be teenager or Shredhead should be in his 40s at least. Though it never was made clear how old Shredder and Splinter in FW. And I don't see him as a good father figure.

Also, rewatched trailer - Karai uses some of the specials from Tournament Fighters - her air mass-punch attack and normal stance is like from SNES TF and her "back to screen pose" is a nod to her win pose in TF on Sega Genesis.

Ninja Tiptup 08-16-2023 01:52 PM

Super random assortment of characters in the BG in one of the endurance stages... Mutagen Man, Carter, Zack, Irma, Mona Lisa and Anthrax.

Having a black and white stage is cool but its very odd to include Mondo Gecko and Halfcourt in that background of that stage, even more so than FW Foot Soldiers but that is also a strange choice for a stage making a nod to Mirage comic's black and white roots.

I don't so much mind that the turtles have colored bandanas in their black and white alts but I would have preferred all red or all grey.

Looks like one of Karai's alts is colored like her sprite in Tournament Fighters and one of April's alt's looks to be inspired by her outfit in seasons 8-10 of the OG.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.