The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Game Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=63728)

TigerClaw 04-16-2021 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1888848)
Not really no. Those old games were based on the show but also a mix of stuff like the live action movies, action figures and whatnot. This one is strictly gonna be based on the cartoon show.

Unless we start seeing weird stuff like Karai and Hun as bosses, which I doubt.

I wouldn't be surprise if they added the stuff from the movies also. If they wanna hit you with the nostalgia, We would have to see bosses like Tokka and Rahzar as well.

AquaParade 04-16-2021 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1888977)
I wouldn't be surprise if they added the stuff from the movies also. If they wanna hit you with the nostalgia, We would have to see bosses like Tokka and Rahzar as well.

Music reminds me a tad of Tournament Fighters.

CyberCubed 04-16-2021 06:13 PM

Most likely the bosses will be a mix of the classic games:

Shredder
Krang
Bebop
Rocksteady
Baxter
Leatherhead
Rat King
Rahzar/Tokka
Metalhead
Slash
Giant Mousers
General Traag

If they want to throw in some curveballs I'd love to see Tempestra, Lord Dregg, Chrome Dome, Armaggon, etc.

TigerClaw 04-16-2021 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1888984)
Most likely the bosses will be a mix of the classic games:

Shredder
Krang
Bebop
Rocksteady
Baxter
Leatherhead
Rat King
Rahzar/Tokka
Metalhead
Slash
Giant Mousers
General Traag

If they want to throw in some curveballs I'd love to see Tempestra, Lord Dregg, Chrome Dome, Armaggon, etc.

I would love to see some of the newer characters done in the classic style to.

Wingnut82 04-18-2021 01:55 PM

Would love to see a physical release on the Switch!:toops:

sdp 04-19-2021 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingnut82 (Post 1889219)
Would love to see a physical release on the Switch!:toops:

probably a safe bet that it'll get a physical release on all consoles through LRG

CyberCubed 04-19-2021 11:49 AM

The game will probably be $24.99 if Streets of Rage 4 was any indication. A little steep for this kind of game and I'd prefer $19.99, but this is one of the few games I'd buy for full price anyway.

D-ray 04-20-2021 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumac
Maybe fact that pretty much all other TMNT versions ended up being niche or failures or niche failures has something to do with it?
It is not people's fault nor developers. No-one (without limitless amount of money) gonna make a game based on TMNT version most people don't know or don't care about.

I'm not saying that it necessarily needs a 2003, 2013 or 2018 style to it, but NOT the 1987 one. It's old, NOBODY these days care about what happened 30 years ago, and as I said, it will only attract long time fans of the Fred Wolf version, who are more than 25 years old, and don't have either time or interest in playing that much time with a videogame. Maybe a new unique style for the game, like it happened for Mutants in Manhattan (even tho it still had Fredwolf's characters in it).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumac
Sorry, but this bunch of dumb ********.
Pixel art can have an identity, depending on developer. And I take (good) pixel art over 3D any day. It is modern 3D styles which barely has an identity nowadays.

Can't deny it, pixel art can effectively have an identity. But the problem is still there: alot of people use it. Is not new, that's all, it looks like is trying in a very struggle like way to get attention.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumac
"Cheap and poor?"
Mates, we have a guy who played this game already it seems!!

So what? Wanna fight?! I played the pre-alpha beta, GAMMA, because I stole the source code with my spying and hacking abilities! I can say it sucks from the beginning!

Jokes apart, my comment was about the design I've seen so far, since I clearly wrote that I can't judge it in on the gameplay. But again, Turtles games never actually made me say "OH MY GOD THAT'S AN INTERESTING GAMEPLAY", so may I have a little bit of judgement?

The only thing I like, are the expressiveness of the characters, that's it.

Sumac 04-20-2021 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-ray (Post 1889454)
I'm not saying that it necessarily needs a 2003, 2013 or 2018 style to it, but NOT the 1987 one. It's old, NOBODY these days care about what happened 30 years ago, and as I said, it will only attract long time fans of the Fred Wolf version, who are more than 25 years old, and don't have either time or interest in playing that much time with a videogame. Maybe a new unique style for the game, like it happened for Mutants in Manhattan (even tho it still had Fredwolf's characters in it).

Yet, most people at least aware of this version existence, which is more than can be said about TMNT'03 and most others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-ray (Post 1889454)
Can't deny it, pixel art can effectively have an identity. But the problem is still there: alot of people use it. Is not new, that's all, it looks like is trying in a very struggle like way to get attention.

Do you know that making sprites is much more complicated than making a 3D models?

But, of course, developers, choose more time consuming and harder process, just to attract attention. No biggie!

Mate, sometimes its better to stay silent, than saying something.

Also, pixel 2D games are very tiny niche, when it comes to the gamescape in general. So saying it is somehow "not original" is strange sentiment. Also, it was never "new", since this is what all games were since they middle of the 80s.

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-ray (Post 1889454)
Jokes apart, my comment was about the design I've seen so far, since I clearly wrote that I can't judge it in on the gameplay. But again, Turtles games never actually made me say "OH MY GOD THAT'S AN INTERESTING GAMEPLAY", so may I have a little bit of judgement?

The only thing I like, are the expressiveness of the characters, that's it.

Design of what exactly?
Because, sprites look very good and colorful with rather fluid animation.
I am not really sure what is "cheap and poor", unless you think all 2D games should be like Street Fighter 3 or The King of Fighters 13.

Rabbit Kraken Zeo 04-20-2021 12:24 PM

Saw the trailer, looks cool. Too bad i don't have a switch though but sort of resembles re-shelled or at least gives me that vibe anyway. Looks kind of cool. I'd get it if I had a switch for sure. Y'all gonna have fun with that one!

Last Ronin 04-20-2021 10:05 PM

Has it been said that it's coming out for the Switch?

RaphaelinSTL 04-20-2021 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Last Ronin (Post 1889522)
Has it been said that it's coming out for the Switch?

Yes it has.

CyberCubed 04-21-2021 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbit Kraken Zeo (Post 1889485)
Saw the trailer, looks cool. Too bad i don't have a switch though but sort of resembles re-shelled or at least gives me that vibe anyway. Looks kind of cool. I'd get it if I had a switch for sure. Y'all gonna have fun with that one!

It's coming out on every console and PC. You don't need a Switch.

sdp 04-21-2021 01:32 PM

They just cancelled the other versions cubed, it's now a Switch exclusive. That's why people are upset on twitter.

oldmanwinters 04-21-2021 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1889586)
They just cancelled the other versions cubed, it's now a Switch exclusive. That's why people are upset on twitter.

2-year exclusive though. I expect we'll see a "Definitive Edition" when it finally comes to multi-platform, right around the time that sequel is due out. :tlol:

EDIT:
I think this is a new interview with the Dev. team:
https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/tm...per-interview/

Coola Yagami 04-21-2021 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1889586)
they just cancelled the other versions cubed, it's now a switch exclusive. That's why people are upset on twitter.

hey hey, whoa what?????? Are you serious???

Leo656 04-21-2021 02:56 PM

That's awesome, if true. :lol:

I can't help it, after all the overblown "I NEED THIS RIGHT NOW!11!" hysteria, the fact that most of those same people spunking their pants over this game won't even be able to play it without first spending $300 on a console they otherwise don't care about is so delicious it absolutely must be fattening. Take THAT, FW Zombies! :trazz::trazz::trazz:

...BUT, let the record also show that I am indeed a rotten human being. :tgrin:

oldmanwinters 04-21-2021 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1889586)
They just cancelled the other versions cubed, it's now a Switch exclusive. That's why people are upset on twitter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1889592)
hey hey, whoa what?????? Are you serious???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1889593)
That's awesome, if true. :lol:

I can't help it, after all the overblown "I NEED THIS RIGHT NOW!11!" hysteria, the fact that most of those same people spunking their pants over this game won't even be able to play it without first spending $300 on a console they otherwise don't care about is so delicious it absolutely must be fattening. Take THAT, FW Zombies! :trazz::trazz::trazz:

...BUT, let the record also show that I am indeed a rotten human being. :tgrin:

sdp is pulling y'all's legs. I just doubled-down for the humor value of it all.

Ninjinister 04-22-2021 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1889588)

EDIT:
I think this is a new interview with the Dev. team:
https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/tm...per-interview/

I like the realization of "wait, we're both pitching to work on this? What if... we just did it together!?"

Leo656 04-22-2021 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1889622)
sdp is pulling y'all's legs. I just doubled-down for the humor value of it all.

Yeah, I didn't think so. That would be the absolute most boneheaded play any developer could make. Switch has its own niche but nobody who wants to actually turn a profit would ever make a downloadable game exclusive to just that system. Especially since most of the Switch's audience is made up of people too young to know or care about FW TMNT, or TMNT in general quite frankly.

Still, I'd laugh my ass off from the schadenfreude of it all. :lol:

Coola Yagami 04-23-2021 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1889636)
Yeah, I didn't think so. That would be the absolute most boneheaded play any developer could make. Switch has its own niche but nobody who wants to actually turn a profit would ever make a downloadable game exclusive to just that system. Especially since most of the Switch's audience is made up of people too young to know or care about FW TMNT, or TMNT in general quite frankly.

Still, I'd laugh my ass off from the schadenfreude of it all. :lol:

I assure you I WILL NOT BE LAUGHING, sir.

shredder orokusaki 04-24-2021 02:39 PM

one of my friends who is 30 years old has 4 brothers and 2 sisters and the youngest of them is 16 years old told me 2 weeks ago that he putt the 16 years old to start watching the 1987 series. He has watched the 2012 series and he liked it and so he decided to also show him the 1987 seires. I will meet him tomorow and maybe he will tell me if his little brother likes the 1987 series as much as the 2012 or not. Also yesterday i met with another of my friends who is 34 years old and he watched the 1987 series when he was a kid but because he has not watcfhed all episodes he decided after so many years to watch the whole series from the begining and he will start from today watching it. He said that while graphics wwre not good evrything else was amazing about it. However yes it is true that most kids nowdays have not watched the 1987 series yet. Those who do is either because their parents told them to see it on their computers or because some of them decided to see it because they liked the 2012 or 2003 series.

CyberCubed 04-25-2021 09:51 AM

I mention before, it would be cool if they can get the old VA's to reprise their roles in this since it's also through an agreement with Nickelodeon. They never had the cartoon VA's in the games before but it would be nice fanservice if they can do it.

Seeing Raphael actually with Rob Paulsen's voice or Cam Clarke voicing Leonardo would be great even if they would likely only have a few lines.

dawwe 05-22-2021 11:09 AM

This game looks really cool. Love the cute sprite style and the intro is pretty neat as well.


CyberCubed 06-16-2021 07:39 PM

So I guess nothing new of the game was shown at E3? I've seen nothing at all the last few days.

Coola Yagami 06-17-2021 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1895189)
So I guess nothing new of the game was shown at E3? I've seen nothing at all the last few days.

No one really cares about beat-em-ups though. I bet they didn't even talk about Streets of Rage 4's DLC.

sdp 06-17-2021 02:04 PM

Well this E3 really didn't "Happen" it was just different companies putting out videos of announcements, this game has already been announced so why would it get an announcement video. Normally when E3 is an event people get to play the games so we get more info from interviews, gameplay video, the demo etc.

Coola Yagami 06-19-2021 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1895244)
Well this E3 really didn't "Happen" it was just different companies putting out videos of announcements, this game has already been announced so why would it get an announcement video. Normally when E3 is an event people get to play the games so we get more info from interviews, gameplay video, the demo etc.

Also the game isn't woke or political enough. No one really gives a ****.

CyberCubed 06-19-2021 01:56 PM

I just want a release date, I assume it's coming later this year but we have no date still.

shredder orokusaki 07-19-2021 01:07 PM

Today i decided that if when my new gameTEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURLTES SHREDDER REVENGE If it has ray tracing and i havent found a RTX 3070 TI or bettr when it releases i will order a rtx 3070 ti or rtx 3080ti and pay even double or triple the money if needed! Yes i will pay as much as it will cost and will wait for as long as it needs in order to play it with the best graphics. That if i havent found a RTX 3000 card yet and if it has ray tracing when it releases. I will be the last boss of the game and will beat the turtles very hard! The best game of the year and best action game of the year deserves to be played with the best graphics. I still remeber in 1998 when i played the 1989 game(the first game based on the 1987 series) how terrible the graphics were on my first pc then which was a 486 100 mhz 24 mb ram and 640x480 monitor....but it was the best action game i had played!

CyberCubed 07-19-2021 06:24 PM

I don't think you need to upgrade your computer to play a game with SNES graphics in the year 2021.

Coola Yagami 07-19-2021 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1898391)
I don't think you need to upgrade your computer to play a game with SNES graphics in the year 2021.

You probably do.

There's a difference between intentionally making the graphics look 16-bit on modern day hardware than actually being 16-bit because of limitations of the hardware of the era. Like you know that game wouldn't run on a SNES properly without making it blow up or something. Turtles in Time couldn't even handle Sewer Surfing without slowdown and those graphics were arguably better than the ones in this game. Plus the game is 4-player. No way the SNES would have handled that without massive flicker and slowdown.

Sumac 07-20-2021 05:57 AM

Depends on optimization and engine.
Even if the game looks simple, who knows what goes under the hood? In some cases the game might be so badly optimized, that you might end up with more problems than with trying to play some 3D modern games.

sdp 07-20-2021 02:26 PM

Well we know the system requirements:
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM:
OS: Windows 7+
Processor: Intel Core i3-540 or AMD Phenom II X4 965
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 960 / Radeon HD 5750 or better
Storage: 4 GB available space
RECOMMENDED:
OS: Windows 7+
Processor: Intel Core i5+
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 960 / Radeon HD 5750 or better
Storage: 6 GB available space

Even a toaster can run this game. Unsure about shredder orokusaki since his rig does seem to have a lot of bottle necks and he's always running into slowdown and frame rate drops.

Coola Yagami 07-26-2021 09:59 AM

We need a release date. Even if it's just 'Fall/Winter 2021' but c'mon. Give us a time frame.

CyberCubed 07-26-2021 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1899321)
We need a release date. Even if it's just 'Fall/Winter 2021' but c'mon. Give us a time frame.

I guess its probably been quietly delayed to 2022, since we have no date yet.

sdp 08-02-2021 08:49 PM

New character reveal, take that Jennika.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E70QMv4X...png&name=small

The Deadman 08-02-2021 09:56 PM

Venus is in the game? LOLOLOLOLOL.

Leo656 08-02-2021 10:25 PM

sdp is notorious for posting fake stuff to rile people up, so we'll see.

Saxon = Joke Account

Coola Yagami 08-03-2021 10:55 AM

I legit wouldn't mind. Though it be cool if they went the Streets of Rage style and made Slash unlockable.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.