The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Casey Jones: Muscle and Faith ~ free TMNT comic (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=8980)

impetus 04-19-2004 04:37 PM

Casey Jones: Muscle and Faith ~ free TMNT comic

I'm sure it's been brought up before, talked about, many of you seen it, etc. But for anyone who hasn't (seeing as I, celebrated encyclopaedic Mirage scholar, only just discovered this), you can read the unpublished TMNT graphic novel Casey Jones: Muscle and Faith online for free.

For those of you (us) who don't pay attention to fanfics, this is NOT one, at least not in the traditional sense. It is the creation of stylish comic professional (and acquaintance of Kevin Eastman) Jeffrey Bonivert.

You may recognize his style from a whimsical Casey Jones/TMNT tale published in Mirage's Turtle Soup V2 #3. Yup - same guy.

Anyways it's a really great story that I'd love to see in print! Shows Casey's "softer" side ;)

http://www.flyingcolorscomics.com/muscleframset.htm

Tigershard 04-19-2004 04:52 PM

It is gonna be hard to get myself to read that comic. The art is horrible :|

impetus 04-19-2004 05:09 PM

Thank you for your...
  • [ ] positive attitude
    [ ] insightful comments
    [ ] unbridled appreciation
    [X] none of the above

:D yes I'm joking... mostly

Tigershard 04-19-2004 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by impetus
Thank you for your...
  • [ ] positive attitude
    [ ] insightful comments
    [ ] unbridled appreciation
    [X] none of the above

:D yes I'm joking... mostly

Sorry, just stating my opinion. I would like to read it, but my OPINION on the art will make it difficult. Thank you for sharing it with us though :wink:

impetus 04-19-2004 05:59 PM

lol, no offense taken ;) it's a great read, you ought to give it a shot.

The artist also did a great short in Turtle Soup as well, which also focused on Casey Jones.

Triceraton 04-19-2004 09:49 PM

I can't say the art is the best I've seen, or really good, but the story is enjoyable enough for what it is.

Where's the rest of it though? That link only goes up to page 36, and the story isn't done yet. Was it never completed, or did I just miss the link to the rest of it?

impetus 04-19-2004 10:12 PM

not sure what you mean, all 72 pages are there - maybe try refreshing your browser? :|

I'm actually using Mozilla Firefox so I don't know how IE handles the page - not that it should make a difference, though.

fortunately with a little hacking knowledge you can still see the other pages even if the link doesn't seem to show up in your browser - hit each page directly - use this format:
http://www.flyingcolorscomics.com/mu...page37_jpg.jpg

and increase the page number to look at each following page until it does not work, at that point increase the week number as well.

heretic888 04-20-2004 07:36 AM

hmm

Eh, its alright. An enjoyable read, at the very least.

Don't expect any epic work of unparalleled brilliance, though...

raphael_is_cool 04-20-2004 08:30 AM

That was crazy, but amusing

Orochi Chimera 04-20-2004 10:24 AM

Thanks for the link. Going to check it out now.

Drtooth 04-20-2004 12:34 PM

Yeah... that art is pretty weird, and I didn't like the Turtle Soup comic (the issue with viectroy the Spongesuit turtles playing Dungeons and Diapers, and the Turtles getting anal shots, right?) that guy did (provided it's the same guy) it was fine up until one point, where it seemed like he was just bored writing it...

Orochi Chimera 04-20-2004 05:52 PM

The art is very odd looking. But it had some funny parts in it.

PizzaPower 04-21-2004 02:01 PM

casey looks really qwierd but it really is a cool story.

Ryona 04-21-2004 02:48 PM

Well... I have read half of it so far, and the story is good, pretty down to earth. What I dislike of this comic is the art; it's very ugly. I'm having some difficulty looking past the nasty art work to appreciate the story. But like I said, the story is good and I will finnish reading it. Just taking a pizza break! :tpizza:

Ryona 04-21-2004 07:29 PM

I just finnished the rest of the story and just when I thought it couldn't get any more ugly, it got REALLY UGLY!, BUTT UGLY! Only Casey and a few others looked decent...half the time. The positive part of the comic was that the story was quite interesting and ended well. ...Still, I don't think it would do well if it got published...unless the art was done by a different artist.

kicknz 04-22-2004 07:59 AM

For those that don't know, that artist, Jeff Bonivert, did 2 short TMNT stories that were published in the Turtle Soup limited series.

So I imagine you'll all be stampeding down to your comic shops to pick them up! . . . or not.

wilddiverse 02-19-2011 04:56 AM

I think this would look far better with color work by the same colorist who did Bonivert's story in Turtle Soup #3.

azrael 02-19-2011 06:56 AM

well... why is it redirecting me to ait.com ?
________
California medical marijuana dispensaries

gobo 02-19-2011 07:07 AM

Seriously? o_O Six year old thread is six years old.

wilddiverse 02-19-2011 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azrael (Post 823008)
well... why is it redirecting me to ait.com ?

Check your PM.