The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Sonic the Hedgehog (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=38938)

Coola Yagami 09-04-2021 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papenbrook (Post 1904502)
So, it appears that Sonic Colors: Ultimate is not only glitching/crashing on the majority of console systems, but it has bugs that can cause seizures. ( Seizure Warning! )

Do not support this game. Message/Alert the companies responsible. Report everyone involved. Sega ( or at least the executives/management ) and Blind Squirrel Games need to be reprimanded for their role in this disaster.

I hope that someone is severely punished. Someone needs to get fired/jailed for this.

OMG, that's ****ed up. I only have it for the GBA. Glad I never got the console version.

Papenbrook 09-05-2021 12:37 AM

I know that Blind Squirrel were most likely ordered to rush the game ( via Sega ) in order to meet the deadline, but still.

They had production oversight. They must have gotten some feedback from QA.

This is dangerous. I wonder if this will end up like Cyberpunk 2077.

Turo602 09-05-2021 07:06 AM

Damn, that's f*cked up... still buying it tho.

shredder orokusaki 09-05-2021 07:57 AM

Quote:

So, it appears that Sonic Colors: Ultimate is not only glitching/crashing on the majority of console systems, but it also contains has bugs that can cause/trigger seizures. ( Seizure Warning! )

Do not support this game. Message/Alert the companies responsible. Report everyone involved. Sega ( ,or at least the executives/management, ) and Blind Squirrel Games need to be reprimanded for their role in this disaster.

I hope that someone is severely punished. Someone needs to get fired/jailed for this.

But it will not cause any problems on my monster PC at max settings 1440p 60 fps that i will play it becuase it is much more powerful than all consoles

The Deadman 09-05-2021 08:12 AM

Quote:

So, it appears that Sonic Colors: Ultimate is not only glitching/crashing on the majority of console systems, but it also contains has bugs that can cause/trigger seizures. ( Seizure Warning! )

Do not support this game. Message/Alert the companies responsible. Report everyone involved. Sega ( ,or at least the executives/management, ) and Blind Squirrel Games need to be reprimanded for their role in this disaster.

Severely punished? Someone needs to be jailed for it? I've seen extreme overreactions before but Jesus Christ this one takes the cake. Then again you've been chomping at the bit for the last 2 years for something Sonic related to **** up so you can just **** all over it so I'm not surprised in the slightest.

shredder orokusaki 09-05-2021 01:38 PM

Isi t as bad as PC version of Batman Akrham Knight and cyberpunk 2007? Is it realy impossible to play it on most pcs and most consoles like this article says?

Papenbrook 09-05-2021 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Deadman (Post 1904516)
Severely punished? Someone needs to be jailed for it? I've seen extreme overreactions before but Jesus Christ this one takes the cake. Then again you've been chomping at the bit for the last 2 years for something Sonic related to **** up so you can just **** all over it so I'm not surprised in the slightest.

Someone could get seriously injured or even killed because of their negligence. So yes, someone is going to have to face the consequences, whether that be termination or
apprehension.

Frankly, I hope that Sega/Blind Squirrel is taken to court.

Leo656 09-06-2021 02:06 AM

I can sincerely never tell if you're a troll or a simpleton.

A person posted a video clip of bugs in the game and they were CLEARLY being facetious by saying "Seizure Warning"... and you honestly think that means the actual game (or its bugs) is going to give people seizures, and that the people who made the game in turn need to be locked up.

Because some rando made a lame joke in the header of a video they posted about bugs and glitches.

There's just no way you're even real. At this point I'm convinced you're a troll who posts here out of boredom/wanting to mess with people, like sdp, because anyone so "reality-impaired" wouldn't be able to function well enough to use the internet.

If you're real, Get Help. If not, then Get A Life.

The Deadman 09-06-2021 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papenbrook (Post 1904556)
Someone could get seriously injured or even killed because of their negligence. So yes, someone is going to have to face the consequences, whether that be termination or
apprehension.

Frankly, I hope that Sega/Blind Squirrel is taken to court.

Apprehension? Youre acting like they intentionally put these glitches in to cause seizures and cause people to get injured.

Just stop talking for once.

Turo602 09-06-2021 05:47 PM

I don't know guys, there was a level in Sonic Unleashed that made me want to see the developer responsible for it hanged.

Leo656 09-06-2021 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turo602 (Post 1904665)
I don't know guys, there was a level in Sonic Unleashed that made me want to see the developer responsible for it hanged.

I played almost all the way through that game but never finished it. At some point I rage quit harder than I can remember ever doing for any game.

I confess there were times I had some fun with it, but more and more I was like "WHY the f*ck is this like this?!" and towards the end, maybe during the Final Boss stage, I just said "F*ck this" and never went back to it.

I generally succumb to "sunk cost fallacy" and make it a point to finish any games I play even if they're frustrating, simply to justify the time investment. But with that one it was like, "Literally anything would be more fun than this."

I'd definitely have some strong words with the people who made that thing.

I'm not all that thrilled with Sonic Adventure 2, either.

Turo602 09-07-2021 11:58 AM

I beat Sonic Unleashed a long time ago, but it was quite a grind. There was a time after when I went back to it after having revisited Lost World and Generations to 100% them. I still stand by Lost World being extremely underrated and my opinion on Sonic Generations did actually change more favorably. But when I jumped back into Unleashed to see if I could accomplish more and maybe have a change of heart on it, nope. Hated it more and wanted to see some dead bodies for it and just raged quit.

It's such a shame too. It was the last "big" Sonic game and the first time they focused purely on Sonic, but they hadn't perfected the boost formula yet and felt the need to pad the game out with a stupid Werehog gimmick. That aside, I really did enjoy its Pixar-like aesthetic and charm and their hub worlds. It's just a shame only a handful of levels were good while the rest were just varying degrees of sh*t, meh, and f*ck this sh*t.

IMJ 09-07-2021 05:01 PM

Quote:

You are such a simple fu(%. OMG.

"Report everyone involved". "I hope that someone is several punished" "....fired/jailed for this".

How about:
A) people who might have a problem or history with this just avoid the content
B) They just patch the game a bit
C) Put an "intense flash" warning on it so that even simple fu(%'s like you can read it and decide if they want to tempt fate or not with their unknown seizure reaction problem

Leo656 09-07-2021 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turo602 (Post 1904771)
I beat Sonic Unleashed a long time ago, but it was quite a grind. There was a time after when I went back to it after having revisited Lost World and Generations to 100% them. I still stand by Lost World being extremely underrated and my opinion on Sonic Generations did actually change more favorably. But when I jumped back into Unleashed to see if I could accomplish more and maybe have a change of heart on it, nope. Hated it more and wanted to see some dead bodies for it and just raged quit.

It's such a shame too. It was the last "big" Sonic game and the first time they focused purely on Sonic, but they hadn't perfected the boost formula yet and felt the need to pad the game out with a stupid Werehog gimmick. That aside, I really did enjoy its Pixar-like aesthetic and charm and their hub worlds. It's just a shame only a handful of levels were good while the rest were just varying degrees of sh*t, meh, and f*ck this sh*t.

I thought that Sonic Generations was very good. Especially with my custom soundtrack full of Fozzy and Red Hot Chili Peppers songs.

Racing down the side of a building at full speed while Fozzy's cover of "The Mob Rules" is blasting is pure exhiliration.

Papenbrook 09-07-2021 09:16 PM

Let me repeat myself ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papenbrook (Post 1904556)
Someone could get seriously injured or even killed because of their negligence.

People have died as a result of seizures that are caused by flash-prone content.

This game could be potentially deadly. Sega either needs to recall all copies of this game or, at the very least, issue another patch.

People shouldn't die over a video game.

IMJ 09-08-2021 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papenbrook (Post 1904839)
Let me repeat myself ...

People have died as a result of seizures that are caused by flash-prone content.

This game could be potentially deadly. Sega either needs to recall all copies of this game or, at the very least, issue another patch.

You're right.... people shouldn't die over a video game. But your outrage and calls for incarceration and other nonsense is more telling about you, your view of the world and your external locus of control than it tells about the video game industry.

It's a nonsense call to action. If you care that much then just inform people about stuff at this level instead of your nonsense "enraged" reactions to take people down over actions that were most likely not malicious. Ya loud mouth goof @$$. You are just a participant in nonsense social outrage that burns down buildings, harms livelihoods and tears down statues. You are inviting rational people to become irrational and turn their attention to you.

sdp 09-08-2021 11:54 AM

people should die because of forum sigs

The Deadman 09-08-2021 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papenbrook (Post 1904839)
Let me repeat myself ...

Let me repeat MYself

.....they didnt put those glitches in there intentionally. You ARE aware that video game disclaimers HAVE to include a warning about seizures, right?

The fact that you're sitting here still implying that Sega is killing people through seizures caused by video games is mind boggling.

Leo656 09-08-2021 09:50 PM

Especially over a social media post by some rando who was CLEARLY using the phrase "Seizure Warning" as a goddamn joke in the first place.

Trolling or 'Tism, I honestly can't decide. But ONE of them is the explanation for Papenkraken. 100%.

The Deadman 09-08-2021 09:57 PM

The fact that they're using words like "deadly" shows they have no idea what theyre talking about. If Sonic Colors was this dangerous, then they shouldnt be playing video games at all. Period. They should completely avoid anything that has a seizure warning. There are probably people out there right now that probably have passed away due to seizure clusters just by missing the day's medication.

Also the claim is that it's only happening on the SWITCH version of the game and not the other 3 ports. Why "recall" a game that's only happening on one console? Oh wait, that's right, Papen hates anything associated with Sonic.