The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   TMNT Dimension X #3 preview & discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58537)

AlZarkovski 08-11-2017 07:22 AM

TMNT Dimension X #3 preview & discussion

Preview here.

Utrommaniac 08-11-2017 07:55 AM

Yeeeep, I had a feeling he wouldn't care what Krang did to him. But...that's COLD, man! Jeez louise...
They seem to have a little mix of a George Foreman thing going on...I think? I don't know all the wrestling commentators.

And hey, Antrax is there!...As a wrestler instead of an executioner. Creative.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 08-11-2017 08:35 AM

Oh man. I LOVE this issue's art. SO GOOD.

Also, heh. Gonna enjoy this issue.

oldmanwinters 08-11-2017 08:57 AM

I'll confess I'm a little disappointed in Randolph's Cover B. The previous two artist cover variants have been very impressive and I even preferred them to getting a single slice of the wrap-around cover for their personality. It's not bad, but just seems like it could have been a little more considering the craziness of all the characters in Stump Asteroid.

neatoman 08-11-2017 08:59 AM

Stump is willing to destroy his own world for profit and to feed his own ego... Yup, sure doesn't sound like something else...

Anyway, like the artwork here.

Sabacooza 08-11-2017 09:23 AM

WOW! Love the Art! Randolph may be my new favorite artist.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 08-11-2017 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabacooza (Post 1706623)
WOW! Love the Art! Randolph may be my new favorite artist.

I know, right!?

Utrommaniac 08-11-2017 09:43 AM

Huh...I just noticed a gigantic two headed turtle lumbering around in the background.

With the bandanas and all!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 08-11-2017 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1706632)
Huh...I just noticed a gigantic two headed turtle lumbering around in the background.

With the bandanas and all!

I saw that, too...

ChosenOne 08-11-2017 10:41 AM

Now this is the issue I've been waiting for! :D

The only thing that could make it even better is if there's a shout-out to the Turtles' wrestling outfits from Archie somewhere in there. Raph's was pretty slick too, he even ended up wearing it for a big chunk of the comic afterwards.

Sling even has those tickets/bills/whatever stuck on his twigs/hair, I'm so excited! So much nostalgia!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 08-11-2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChosenOne (Post 1706639)
Now this is the issue I've been waiting for! :D

The only thing that could make it even better is if there's a shout-out to the Turtles' wrestling outfits from Archie somewhere in there. Raph's was pretty slick too, he even ended up wearing it for a big chunk of the comic afterwards.

Sling even has those tickets/bills/whatever stuck on his twigs/hair, I'm so excited! So much nostalgia!

I am 100% sure we are going to see those costumes. At least Raph's...

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 08-11-2017 11:38 AM

Stump and Sling haven't been adapted for IDW AT ALL. They're EXACTLY like they were in Archie.

CyberCubed 08-11-2017 12:05 PM

Aren't Ace Duck and Cryin' Hound in this too?

I wonder if we'll see more cameos in the background of familiar characters.

MikeandRaph87 08-11-2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1706603)
Yeeeep, I had a feeling he wouldn't care what Krang did to him. But...that's COLD, man! Jeez louise...
They seem to have a little mix of a George Foreman thing going on...I think? I don't know all the wrestling commentators.

And hey, Antrax is there!...As a wrestler instead of an executioner. Creative.

I know we were expecting him as Krang's hired assassin. He does show up,but in a way unexpected.

Ace Duck si in issue#4 if I am not mistaken,cubed.

Sabacooza 08-11-2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1706624)
I know, right!?

His stuff looks a bit like the 2003 show and now I know why. He did concept art for the show.

Powder 08-11-2017 02:54 PM

Yeah, I'm glad to see Khary finally do something in a bigger capacity. He's a great dude.

spookycookies 08-11-2017 07:29 PM

Yeah I am totally in love with this art.

myconius 08-16-2017 06:54 AM

WOW was that surreal! i'm really loving this mini!

never saw this artist before, but i really hope i do again! love his style! what other comics has he done?

nice touch with the old comic style coloring :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabacooza (Post 1706668)
His stuff looks a bit like the 2003 show and now I know why. He did concept art for the show.

that's very awesome!!! :D

Utrommaniac 08-16-2017 09:23 AM

Gotta say, Stump came out okay considering the current climate. He was something of his own man...tree...thing, except for allowing Krang to clear cut his planet.

He looks kind of like if Matt Smith and Groot fused into a Used Car Salesman that decided to be a wrestling announcer instead. And ya know what, maybe I will stick with a Mr. Meeseeks voice for him.

Also, there was a Triceraton watching the match:
http://i.imgur.com/5YqLiGY.png

mrmaczaps 08-16-2017 12:11 PM

This artist needs to work a nice long run on the IDW main series... When Mikey shouts Cowabunga.... perfect!

Also noticed the two-headed Turtles looking shadow/silhouette... So cool.