The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Official Ep Discussion: S3 Ep2: "A Foot too Big" (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=49674)

zantha 10-11-2014 08:48 AM

when it cames to metalhead, she knew that he was there. he was not spying on her, she knew that he could see her. that there was a chance he could at some point turn to look at her. just like when you sit next to someone. if they look in your direction it is nor creepy. you know they are there. thinking she couldn't hear he said how pretty he thought she was and he was glad she couldn't see him glancing at her. he knew that it would be creepy to stare at her. yes he did it, but he never set out and shows he knows enough to not do it.

the second one he got nervous and couldn't explain himself well. he was making a good point comparing Arpil to kaira was not far. kaira has far more experience, no matter how long April trains for she will not have the natural, second nature skill I think that comes from being trained as a ninja your whole life, like Kaira and the turtles. also she could get them inside information.

he is not perfect, he makes mistakes, but I still have never seen him do anything that ever to me any way felt creepy, or stockeris. he had had no experience with these kinds of feelings and id trying his best to deal with them, figuring it out as he goes. it is trial and error and he learns from his mistakes. most importantly, April does not treat him like she feels he is treating her in this way. if she did she would avoid him, she doesn't she feels very comfortable with him. she would have let him finish what he was going to say in the invasion and turned him down to put a end to it for good. again she never did. that means that where or not she feels the say way, or might at some point, she does like him and feel comfortable about around him. there for to her he is not creepy. that is the main think what she thinks.

Warhorse 10-11-2014 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zantha (Post 1363400)
when it cames to metalhead, she knew that he was there. he was not spying on her, she knew that he could see her. that there was a chance he could at some point turn to look at her. just like when you sit next to someone. if they look in your direction it is nor creepy. you know they are there. thinking she couldn't hear he said how pretty he thought she was and he was glad she couldn't see him glancing at her. he knew that it would be creepy to stare at her. yes he did it, but he never set out and shows he knows enough to not do it.

the second one he got nervous and couldn't explain himself well. he was making a good point comparing Arpil to kaira was not far. kaira has far more experience, no matter how long April trains for she will not have the natural, second nature skill I think that comes from being trained as a ninja your whole life, like Kaira and the turtles. also she could get them inside information.

he is not perfect, he makes mistakes, but I still have never seen him do anything that ever to me any way felt creepy, or stockeris. he had had no experience with these kinds of feelings and id trying his best to deal with them, figuring it out as he goes. it is trial and error and he learns from his mistakes. most importantly, April does not treat him like she feels he is treating her in this way. if she did she would avoid him, she doesn't she feels very comfortable with him. she would have let him finish what he was going to say in the invasion and turned him down to put a end to it for good. again she never did. that means that where or not she feels the say way, or might at some point, she does like him and feel comfortable about around him. there for to her he is not creepy. that is the main think what she thinks.

He's not creepy, he's just naive. Look, unlike Casey, he's been locked away down in a sewer with no intelligent contact outside his brothers and Splinter, and 0, that is 0, experience in interracting with the opposite sex. You can read all of the books and watch all of the stuff on TV, movies and online, and it still won't replace good ole fashion experience. He's never had that before. It's almost like watching Captain America, as old as he is, his experience with women are not exactly his strength, and he too is awkward and doesn't know how to reply in some situations. He never told Peggy he outright liked her, but yet, she finally realized when she sees that film with him in possession of a watch with her picture inside it.

IndigoErth 10-11-2014 09:03 AM

Just one of those lessons Donnie is going to have to learn. If you push too much, you end up looking desperate, and desperation pushes people away. If there's any amount of April that could ever feel mutually, she has to be given the breathing room to have the opportunity to meet him half way on it herself...

zantha 10-11-2014 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warhorse (Post 1363403)
He's not creepy, he's just naive. Look, unlike Casey, he's been locked away down in a sewer with no intelligent contact outside his brothers and Splinter, and 0, that is 0, experience in interracting with the opposite sex. You can read all of the books and watch all of the stuff on TV, movies and online, and it still won't replace good ole fashion experience. He's never had that before. It's almost like watching Captain America, as old as he is, his experience with women are not exactly his strength, and he too is awkward and doesn't know how to reply in some situations. He never told Peggy he outright liked her, but yet, she finally realized when she sees that film with him in possession of a watch with her picture inside it.

yeah that is it, total. he is naïve and is just learning as he goes. making mistakes, but learning for them. he never makes the same mistake twice, except arguing with Casey, but that is a two way thing.

back to the episode, I love Raph. he was kind of like a mother hen keeping eye on everyone and keeping things running. I have really liked the development of Raph in this show. he has grown a lot, while still retaining his anger and aggression, he has learned to focus it in the right way.

I also liked the staring of the theme of them getting in touch a with nature and learning from that. I cant wait to see the episode they talked about at ny comic con, where they get their new looks.

evan2000 10-11-2014 09:17 AM

Anyone thought "Darth Vader!!" when Raph puts on the gas mask and starts making heavy breathing sound? :tlol:

zantha 10-11-2014 09:20 AM

was I the only one that wanted to see Mikey rushing out of the house to the fridge and ice cream kitty when big foot throws it out the window.

The Stryker 10-11-2014 09:21 AM

I'm alittle bummed that they had the perfect out to put the whole Donatello/April thing on the backburner or on the shelf entirely and they just circled around. Leaving it pretty much exactly where it was before.

Especially since the whole relationship is tired and the point is way past driven.

kolaida 10-11-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zantha (Post 1363422)
was I the only one that wanted to see Mikey rushing out of the house to the fridge and ice cream kitty when big foot throws it out the window.

No, I wanted to see that, too!!

TurtleTitan97 10-11-2014 09:34 AM

One of the funniest fillers I've seen from this show. The scene with Bigfoot and ICK had me laughing so much. :lol:

zantha 10-11-2014 09:34 AM

I think i will just headcon that he did while big foot is getting a make over.

evan2000 10-11-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stryker (Post 1363423)
I'm alittle bummed that they had the perfect out to put the whole Donatello/April thing on the backburner or on the shelf entirely and they just circled around. Leaving it pretty much exactly where it was before.

Especially since the whole relationship is tired and the point is way past driven.

No, I don't think it went back to exactly where it was before. This is the first time April actually showed slight affection towards Donnie willingly. Genuinely from her heart, and not because of other events like when her father was saved or when the retro-mutagen was successfully formulated.

For all you know, this might just be the very beginning of a beautiful relationship, certainly not "driven past the point" to me.

Warhorse 10-11-2014 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evan2000 (Post 1363442)
No, I don't think it went back to exactly where it was before. This is the first time April actually showed slight affection towards Donnie willingly. Genuinely from her heart, and not because of other events like when her father was saved or when the retro-mutagen was successfully formulated.

For all you know, this might just be the very beginning of a beautiful relationship, certainly not "driven past the point" to me.

Maybe next episode, Buried Secrets, the truth comes out about April's mom, and Casey isn't too open minded about it, and he drops his side of the fight once and for all, and triangle is now over. But then again, when Renet shows up, they might get flashed to the future and see things that might shake stuff up again.

Donnieangelo 10-11-2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evan2000 (Post 1363418)
Anyone thought "Darth Vader!!" when Raph puts on the gas mask and starts making heavy breathing sound? :tlol:

Join me, Leonardo... I am your father!

JTH 10-11-2014 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evan2000 (Post 1363442)

When you go back and listen to conversation, it was almost like Donnie's way of saying "I love you", without actually saying "I love you."

And then April followed it up on her side saying "I love you" without saying it either.

So it's like they are getting there, but they're still just not quite able to say those three words to one another. :D

evan2000 10-11-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warhorse (Post 1363448)
Maybe next episode, Buried Secrets, the truth comes out about April's mom, and Casey isn't too open minded about it, and he drops his side of the fight once and for all, and triangle is now over. But then again, when Renet shows up, they might get flashed to the future and see things that might shake stuff up again.

Seeing how Donnie and Casey laughed and teased at each other so often (especially in the last two episodes), and since Casey just started asking Raph if April ever talked about him to the turtles three episodes ago, I'd say their rivalry over April still has a loooong way to go.

Warhorse 10-11-2014 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTH (Post 1363455)
When you go back and listen to conversation, it was almost like Donnie's way of saying "I love you", without actually saying "I love you."

And then April followed it up on her side saying "I love you" without saying it either.

So it's like they are getting there, but they're still just not quite able to say those three words to one another. :D

Ah hell, then why don't they just do what Patrick Swayzee and Demi Moore did in Ghost, and just go "Ditto!"

JTH 10-11-2014 10:21 AM

Also, according to the credits.

Bigfoot was NOT Kevin Michael Richardson as speculated.

Bigfoot was actually done by Diedrich Bader, who I remember most from The Drew Carey Show, but it definitely makes sense as he has done many voice acting roles of late, including many things for Nick over the years.

IndigoErth 10-11-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTH (Post 1363455)

"Olive juice."

evan2000 10-11-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoErth (Post 1363481)
"Olive juice."

Alright I learned something new today :tlol:

Warhorse 10-11-2014 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoErth (Post 1363481)
"Olive juice."

Cute!:P

Quote:

Originally Posted by evan2000 (Post 1363484)
Alright I learned something new today :tlol:

Yep, that could be one way. Or, since this is Donatello we are talking about, the smart one out of the group, I'm sure he's read up on some other languages. Maybe he could tell her in, Elvish, Vulcan or Klingon!