The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=60089)

CyberCubed 01-19-2020 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 (Post 1832452)
Agreed, but after all said and done, Sakurai caters to Sakurai.

I wish Miyamoto had a say in Smash Bros. development, he'd probably want Sakurai to add at least some other Zelda rep by now, we technically haven't had any Zelda newcomers since Melee in 2001. :lol:

PApagreg 01-19-2020 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1832473)
I wish Miyamoto had a say in Smash Bros. development, he'd probably want Sakurai to add at least some other Zelda rep by now, we technically haven't had any Zelda newcomers since Melee in 2001. :lol:

That's always weird to me, Zelda is one of Nintendo's biggest IP and has a lot of diverse and iconic characters yet we haven't got a new fighter from the series in almost 20 years,

CyberCubed 01-19-2020 11:25 AM

Sakurai obviously doesn't care enough for the Zelda franchise. At least Ganon is a boss now, lol.

But Zelda and Donkey Kong are the two worst treated Nintendo franchises by Sakurai, given how popular they are. The fact that it took DK over 5 games just to get 3 characters and only fan demand got K. Rool in says enough. Dixie Kong should have been added 2 games ago. Donkey Kong is one of Nintendo's best selling franchises but if you look at the Smash roster you'd assume DK was some minor franchise or something.

TheBlueTurtle1 01-20-2020 12:56 AM

Still feels like twilight link was cut to me, they should have left him in. I mean we got 8 Marths, so why not 4 Links, at least Zelda games are good lol.

Dixie Kong has been in my top 3 most wanted for many years ( even in a tag team, style play with Kiddy Kong).

I was disappointed when I saw Krystal as an assist character, as she was based on her DP design with the staff, she could have been a somewhat unique StarFox character.

FredWolfLeonardo 01-20-2020 01:53 AM

Dixie Kong was planned to be a playable character in Brawl which may improve her chances of being future DLC here.

But then again, just because a character has been considered before doesn't mean they're gonna come back now (looking at you, Plusle and Minune).

TheBlueTurtle1 01-20-2020 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1832520)
Dixie Kong was planned to be a playable character in Brawl which may improve her chances of being future DLC here.

But then again, just because a character has been considered before doesn't mean they're gonna come back now (looking at you, Plusle and Minune).

Does she have a sword?:lol:

I would love Earthworm jim!

CyberCubed 01-20-2020 08:54 AM

In terms of Nintendo all-stars who are recurring and not yet playable, the only really big ones not in Smash after all this time are Dixie Kong and some form of playable Toad. I guess you can count Waluigi too, but he's only been in spinoff games which is why he feels more minor.

Donkey Kong is the only franchise on the roster who doesn't feel complete. As said, it's absurd DK went all the way through Smash U with only 2 reps, it's one of Nintendo's biggest selling franchises. But Sakurai doesn't care for DK obviously, so that's why it's treated the way it is.

I think some form of Toad/Toadette as male/female alts will probably happen in the next Smash after this one, especially with Captain Toad as its own game, and Nintendo has been putting Toadette in every mainline Mario game lately. Waluigi will probably only happen if fan demand for him reaches Ridley and K. Rool levels.

And besides all that, the lack of a Zelda rep after 20 years is very suspect. But again, who knows. Zelda may never get a new rep, so I've kinda given up here.

sdp 01-20-2020 04:46 PM

How can they top ultimate, I really hope Smash 6 is totally different and sakurai isn't involved. I think the man has been great for smash but at this point I'd rather see new blood on the game and see sakurai make an awesome game that isn't smash.

The roster itself without sakurai would be a drastic change and that's good. Same if the game feels a bit different. Sakurai's talents are also being wasted with smash in a way. He did great but he's just continuing on doing what's worked so far and I'd rather new stuff from Sakurai and Smash, if not Smash 6 will only be Smash Ultimate without all the fighters. I wouldn't get mad if Sakurai is in smash 6 though despite the two paragraphs I just wrote.

Andrew NDB 01-20-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1832597)
How can they top ultimate

I don't think they'll try. Not for a good long while. Any new Smash Bros. game with even 1/4 less the existing roster is going to disappoint.

TheBlueTurtle1 01-21-2020 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1832597)
How can they top ultimate, I really hope Smash 6 is totally different and sakurai isn't involved. I think the man has been great for smash but at this point I'd rather see new blood on the game and see sakurai make an awesome game that isn't smash.

The roster itself without sakurai would be a drastic change and that's good. Same if the game feels a bit different. Sakurai's talents are also being wasted with smash in a way. He did great but he's just continuing on doing what's worked so far and I'd rather new stuff from Sakurai and Smash, if not Smash 6 will only be Smash Ultimate without all the fighters. I wouldn't get mad if Sakurai is in smash 6 though despite the two paragraphs I just wrote.

That's why people want their fav characters in this version, it is most likely the only chance they would be in smash with every character from smash history.

FredWolfLeonardo 01-21-2020 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1832597)
How can they top ultimate

Not be limited to just video game characters and have completely new fighting mechanics.

CyberCubed 01-21-2020 11:18 AM

There’s not going to reboot. A new game would have a small Melee sized roster of about 20-25 characters which means only the biggest characters would make it. By the end of the DLC there will be 88 characters in this game. If you really think 60 characters will be cut by the next Smash and that would be well received that’s crazy.

Smash isn’t like other fighters that can start from scratch. People aren’t going to be ok with 60 characters being cut next time if they limit it to only the Nintendo all-stars like Smash 64 that only had 1 or so fighter from each franchise.

Cure 01-28-2020 10:46 PM

Byleth is mad fun to play. I love using her axe and arrow attacks.

TheBlueTurtle1 01-30-2020 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cure (Post 1833494)
Byleth is mad fun to play. I love using her axe and arrow attacks.

I think he's bland, adds nothing.:(

GoldMutant 12-22-2020 07:26 PM

Finally got the game back in October; but haven't made much progress. Would like to play with some of y'all, if possible, soon.

Anyone got opinions on who they've added past Joker? (Hero, Banjo-Kazooie, Terry Bogard, Byleth, Min-Min, Steve, and the recent Sephiroth) Or, the modes/additions from each patch?

Honestly, the only character I'd want at this point is Crash Bandicoot for a third-party. Honestly satisfied with what we got, barring maybe Byleth (haven't played Three Houses is why).

Andrew NDB 12-23-2020 01:27 PM

They added Sephiroth?

CyberCubed 12-23-2020 05:52 PM

He was announced a week ago.

GoldMutant 12-26-2020 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1873806)
They added Sephiroth?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1873844)
He was announced a week ago.

Yeah, the Game Awards announced him early on last week. Prior to the 22nd, those who got Fighters Pass V2 could've unlocked him early on through an in-game challenge.

Reinako666 02-21-2021 09:17 AM

And now there's Pyra and Mithra.

sdp 10-05-2021 10:51 AM

Sora is in, a Disney character with Mickey's iconic silhouette. I don't care about Sora or Kingdom Hearts, but Disney does have plenty of iconic video games so I guess a Disney rep is ok. I wasn't expecting anyone I really wanted either so I'm not disappointed. At least the speculation is over.

Smash 6 Speculation:
Spoiler:
Geno
Lara Croft (Classic)
Doom Slayer
Scorpion
Captain N
Confident they're all in the next game


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.