The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   The Technodrome News (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Forever Wars - Coming from Mirage in 2005!! (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=10915)

Splinter 09-16-2004 12:48 PM

The Forever Wars - Coming from Mirage in 2005!!

Long time no see, Turtle Fans. I've been swamped with the summer, but now I'm back with some big news from the land of the green teens. The long unpublished but long hyped saga for Archie Comics that never saw print will finally see the light of day in 2005. A 96 page graphic novel will be produced that will feature the long abandoned storyline that was reported to originally be planned as a massive 5 Issue Finale. This is great news for fans of the classic Archie series, and we here at the Technodrome hope everything goes smoothly.
Quote:

Response to my email!!!

Hey Aaron. You'll be happy to hear that Dean Clarrain and Chris Allan will be tackling The Forever War as a stand-alone 96-page (more or less) graphic novel to be published by Mirage sometime in 2005!

-------------
Stephen Murphy
Creative Director, Mirage Licensing
Managing Editor, Mirage Publishing
413.586.7066x24
And it seems that Chris Allen has someone who's been sending him some some of the excited fan reactions from this announcement. Judging by this lil comic that our own Machias Banshee has been able to dig up.

You can also see some of the inked pencils for the original Archie covers for these stories that never came out over at his gallery. Thanks to Machias also for the link to his gallery.

http://www.ak-studios.com/chrissite/chrisportfolio.html

[Thanks to CrippledNitemare and Machias Banshee for the news]

Whitewolf89 09-16-2004 01:41 PM

Hey, Splinter,

This news is BEYOND great! THIS is AWESOME!!! I have been waiting for them to finish "The FOREVER WAR" like, well, FOREVER! LOL THANK you SO much for bringing us TMNT fans this great news!

LOL You can be sure that I will be ordering MY copy just as soon as I get my mitts on a Previews when it issue with this comes out! I am ready, and THIS wrap-up was LONG overdue.

Again, thank you for this exciting, wonderful news Honorable Sensei. *bows to the Honored Splinter, Great Sensei and Bringer of Excellent News*

EDIT: Just checked out Chris's page and the black-and-white, unpublished covers for "THE FOREVER WAR", and they are SWEET! I hope they publish them, and maybe colored versions of them, in the graphic novel/TPB. THAT would be even sweeter. IMHO.

VaughnMichael 09-16-2004 02:55 PM

Wow

this has been the best news to me for some time! thanks so much splinter for posting that!
Thta book is so mine when it comes out...we can finally feel as if the archie series was completed after all these years...man I love mirage so mich for this....hell the only thing that could be better would be if they just brought the archie series back.
and called it like alternate tmnt or something!
hehe A guy can dream can he?
man I am so excited.
-Vaughn Michael

Kazari 09-16-2004 07:06 PM

I wasn't really a huge fan of the Archie Series but i guess it's better than nothing so I'll buy it! :)

CrippledNitemare 09-16-2004 08:33 PM

Hey all, glad I could be of assistance in getting this huge scoop for the fandom... I'm probably the most excited of everyone to hear this news, as I'm a huge fan of the old TMNT Adventures series.

Let's hear it for Mirage!!

Jester 09-19-2004 12:45 PM

YIPPPIE!!!!!!
i loved the archie comic....cause it was the tmnt comic i read as a kid and massive tmnt fan....when i heard that there was an arc that was un released i wrote dan about it....asked why Mirage doesn't do a comic for kids....rerelease the comics for kids.....and prehaps release this 5 issue arc....prehaps i wasn't alone in my request....

tOkKa 09-21-2004 06:28 AM

-->> .. i thought this was particularly intresting ..
http://www.mikeystmnt.com/images/news/ninjara.jpg

Whitewolf89 09-21-2004 11:28 AM

Yeah, I wish Furrlough (and whoever publishes it) HAD gone through with a Ninjara series. It would've been interesting to ssee what happened to her after she and Raph broke up.

PenguinCleese 11-02-2004 11:00 PM

Well this info was posted a little over a month ago, but it's news to me. I am so excited to hear this! The Archie series is my favorite incarnation of TMNT, sure at first it was more cheesy and for kids, but when it got nto the later issues (30 or so on) the storylines were great. I mean we finally got to see Sarnath in that comic, and countless others. It would be great if this sold well enough for them to bring Adventures back, but I doubt that will ever happen. Has there been any word on when this will be released yet? I am so psyched to finally have the ending to this series. Thanks so much for this news. Take care!

ThirdMarioBro 11-02-2004 11:05 PM

Well I'll be damned. Who would have thought the Archie series would ever be seen again. Sweetness indeed.

Jester 11-02-2004 11:07 PM

It's alive...it's alive....welconme bcak drome...i missed u....
*hugs drome and Krang*
now about the forever war...can't wait...will look i the graphic novels section of B&n and other book stores till i find it...when it comes out...

Brinatello 11-02-2004 11:54 PM

It would have been nice if it were coming out sooner, say November of this year. It'd make a great Christmas pressie. :)

KROW 11-03-2004 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brinatello
It would have been nice if it were coming out sooner, say November of this year. It'd make a great Christmas pressie. :)

Oh, definitely. No doubt about that. I am a big fan of the Archie series. I hope the release date for the series is confirmed soon. My birthday is near the beginning of the year and this would be a nice gift.

Jester 11-04-2004 12:40 PM

yeah i can't wait either...i loved the TMNT comic...i had a subscription till it died....now i'd love to see it's last hurrah
OT: Hey Krow...see u're continuing the yellow font...sweet...it's like the drome was never down....

KROW 11-04-2004 02:45 PM

The Archie series was the first comic book series I started collecting.

OT: Yes, indeed. Yellow font is back. Memories....

Jester 11-07-2004 08:22 AM

so when exactly does this come out.....and do u think it'll come to hastings....cause i don't know where the closest comic book store is....and i'd have to get this....i guess i could order it from the official site....yeah...that's the ticket.....:D

KROW 11-07-2004 10:16 AM

All the information that could be gathered right now is that it will be released sometime in 2005. So when you're done singing "Auld Lang Syne", keep your eyes peeled.

Jester 11-07-2004 12:30 PM

but i don't celebrate the new year....j/k.....i just don't sing Auld Lang Syne...but back on topic...i wonder if it'll be in color or in black and white like regular mirage releases....

KROW 11-08-2004 01:52 PM

I hope it's in color like the rest of the Archie series was.

darthsmozers 11-14-2004 11:54 AM

No, mirage prints in B&W.