The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toys and Collectibles (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Any Star Wars collectors? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=42729)

Zulithe 08-31-2014 07:18 AM

Yeah i read they were hitting stores... sadly it's sunday and tomorrow is a holiday i don't know if i'll be able to spot any till tuesday due to my schedule

I have white boba pre-ordered already so I don't care. but if I *DO* find him that means i can cancel my online order and i'll get it faster. so, I will try.

As for Vader? I have a case of Wave 5 (vader/chewie/RotJ luke/sandtrooper repaint) also on pre-order...

I got my bases covered!

But it sure is awesome that Walgreens is starting to get into 6" figures

the bad news: i've been reading that walgreens is not getting cases of these figures like they did for agent venom, instead they are getting just a handfull per store AND NOT ALL STORES ARE GETTING THE SAME FIGURES, so not every store will get prototype boba

Is it B.S.? Who knows, you hear tons of misinformation from store employees

BTW speaking of star wars i have acquired a TON of new LEGO SW sets this month. I got the sith fury-class interceptor coming, palpatine's arrest, a bunch of clone wars (focusing on sets that have cool ships or jedi/sith), even got the gungan sub cause I didn't have any Episode I sets yet.

Check out all the sets I currently own:
http://brickset.com/sets/ownedby-Zulithe
or to view ONLY my star wars sets:
http://brickset.com/sets/ownedby-Zul...heme-Star-Wars

(the ones that haven't arrived aren't added yet)

Falconhood 08-31-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake (Post 1343159)
Niiiiiiiiice!

I saw you on the Rebelscum Forums btw.

peek-a-boo!

Zulithe 09-01-2014 07:24 AM

Hope nobody minds if I post LEGO stuff here?

Star Wars LEGO Advent calendar is now available. It comes with some cool stuff like a "christmas tree" R2 and a Santa Darth Vader with some really nice printing on his torso and legs.

http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/A...75056_alt1.jpg

It's on shop.lego.com, amazon and a lot of other places right now.

Zulithe 09-06-2014 02:10 PM

Yay scored a Proto Boba at Walgreens today. They only had three figures: chewie, storm trooper and boba.

I have a case of Wave 5 coming later this month so I only snagged boba!

Now to decide: should I keep my walgreens.com order (1x agent venom & 1x prototype armor boba fett) or cancel it... I already have both, but having an extra of each could be useful in the future... and the shipping is free :P

snake 09-07-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulithe (Post 1345947)
Yay scored a Proto Boba at Walgreens today. They only had three figures: chewie, storm trooper and boba.

I have a case of Wave 5 coming later this month so I only snagged boba!

Now to decide: should I keep my walgreens.com order (1x agent venom & 1x prototype armor boba fett) or cancel it... I already have both, but having an extra of each could be useful in the future... and the shipping is free :P

My Boba (Wave 2) came in today. Great figure. Now I need to get down to a Walgreens.

Zulithe 09-08-2014 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake (Post 1346373)
My Boba (Wave 2) came in today. Great figure. Now I need to get down to a Walgreens.

Yes you do! Because most stores are only getting 3 Black Series figures in their first shipments and judging by reports each store is getting about 1x Boba on average, few are getting more than that right now.

Granted it is a variant so it's not a must buy unless it interests you. I think the normal Boba Fett is amazing looking as it is.

Now I can't wait to get my Wave 5 case. I'm stoked for Vader and Chewie. Vader looks really good to me. Some collectors are being way too harsh on how it looks.

snake 09-10-2014 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulithe (Post 1346713)
Yes you do! Because most stores are only getting 3 Black Series figures in their first shipments and judging by reports each store is getting about 1x Boba on average, few are getting more than that right now.

Granted it is a variant so it's not a must buy unless it interests you. I think the normal Boba Fett is amazing looking as it is.

Now I can't wait to get my Wave 5 case. I'm stoked for Vader and Chewie. Vader looks really good to me. Some collectors are being way too harsh on how it looks.

I got someone looking for a Boba and a Venom for me. Hopefully he delivers.

snake 09-28-2014 08:23 PM

Acording to Jedi Temple Archives, Walgreens has ordered 40,000 proto Bobas for November. Sounds great for anyone who didn't get him.

Zulithe 10-09-2014 01:39 PM

My Vader/Chewie/RotJ Luke/Black pauldron Sandtrooper case came today! After shipping it was only $85 thanks to the free shipping on entertainmentearth... overall, I am mostly glad I waited instead of trying to piece together a set by visiting 20 diff walgreens because it saved me some headaches of hunting for these figures.

And STILL I have only seen them at walgreens like a few times, never at TRU or Target. So knowing I got my case before those stores even got them on the shelves is pretty cool.

I am definitely doing cases from now on as long as I want all the figures in the wave. That's what made this wave great: all 4 were new in some way, either brand new or a paint variant. Sadly, not all 6" Black Series waves are that good. :(

Looks like both of the next two waves will have a minimum of 1 repacked figure each.

*edit*

Okay i've had some time to open them and check them out. I just want to say... I've seen pictures, read & watched some various reviews on 6" black series Vader and while he looked nice I had my expectations VERY much in check so that I don't build it up too much in my head and simply enjoy it as an "okay" vader

But I am gonna just say right now.

It is the best Vader I own... I love this figure! The cape looks GREAT, I love it. He does not look puffy or fat at all (at least not mine?)

if I had one small gripe it's that, since the helmet does remove, when I put the helmet on I can't get it to line up PERFECTLY with the bottom of the helm so that it looks like all one piece. But you can only tell up close. From about two feet away it looks excellent. But it's a minor thing really.

for $19.99 you CAN NOT GO WRONG with this Vader, he is great. I'll have more thoughts on the other figures later, I gotta do some errands

snake 10-09-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulithe (Post 1362066)
My Vader/Chewie/RotJ Luke/Black pauldron Sandtrooper case came today! After shipping it was only $85 thanks to the free shipping on entertainmentearth... overall, I am mostly glad I waited instead of trying to piece together a set by visiting 20 diff walgreens because it saved me some headaches of hunting for these figures.

And STILL I have only seen them at walgreens like a few times, never at TRU or Target. So knowing I got my case before those stores even got them on the shelves is pretty cool.

I am definitely doing cases from now on as long as I want all the figures in the wave. That's what made this wave great: all 4 were new in some way, either brand new or a paint variant. Sadly, not all 6" Black Series waves are that good. :(

Looks like both of the next two waves will have a minimum of 1 repacked figure each.

*edit*

Okay i've had some time to open them and check them out. I just want to say... I've seen pictures, read & watched some various reviews on 6" black series Vader and while he looked nice I had my expectations VERY much in check so that I don't build it up too much in my head and simply enjoy it as an "okay" vader

But I am gonna just say right now.

It is the best Vader I own... I love this figure! The cape looks GREAT, I love it. He does not look puffy or fat at all (at least not mine?)

if I had one small gripe it's that, since the helmet does remove, when I put the helmet on I can't get it to line up PERFECTLY with the bottom of the helm so that it looks like all one piece. But you can only tell up close. From about two feet away it looks excellent. But it's a minor thing really.

for $19.99 you CAN NOT GO WRONG with this Vader, he is great. I'll have more thoughts on the other figures later, I gotta do some errands

Is he really that good? I'll have to pick him up then.

Zulithe 10-09-2014 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake (Post 1362097)
Is he really that good? I'll have to pick him up then.

Well if you dig the 6" scale I think he's pretty great. Vader and Boba are about equal footing for me in this series. The troopers are also really well done but I've never been huge on trooper figures, I prefer the more major characters.

Chewie is not to be underestimated either... they did a great job capturing him and his figure has some weight to it... was surprised when I picked him up, he's a bit on the heavy side which is great!

As for RotJ Luke, well, what can I say? It's not bad, but they could do much better at painting the faces. I think most of the face sculpts have been good it's mostly the paint that they aren't getting right. Luke looks better than some though (a HELL of a lot better than Leia)

Buy yourself a fan-made Black Series cape (can get these on ebay, various colors) and bam... suddenly your Luke turns into a badass.

snake 10-11-2014 09:01 AM

Some reports are saying that walmart is marking down BS6 figures to 10 or 14 each. Get 'em while you can.

Falconhood 10-11-2014 12:14 PM

Comparison of the Tie Fighters from VINTAGE Star Wars (Darth Vader's) and 1996 POTF2 Darth Vader's and 2014 Rebels' Inquisitors Tie Fighter
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5598/1...c841a597_z.jpg#starwars #starwars7 #starwarstoys #vintagestarwars #vintagestarwarstoys #starwarsrebels #darthvader #tiefighter comparisons by SacredKnightOfTomorrow, on Flickr
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2950/1...7779d6dc_z.jpg#starwars #starwars7 #starwarstoys #vintagestarwars #vintagestarwarstoys #starwarsrebels #darthvader #tiefighter comparisons by SacredKnightOfTomorrow, on Flickr

Legio 10-15-2014 06:49 AM

I got a few. Might be in the talks for a Chewie now as well.. It's just that the price on SW is a bit steep for me so when I finally get a new addition to my collection it takes ages for me to afford a new one :tgrin:

I have them boxed up for the moment so the pic is kinda terrible.

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/...ps46228443.jpg

Zulithe 10-20-2014 08:40 AM

6" SW Wave 6 is on pre-order through various online retailers. Yoda, TIE Pilot, Clone Trooper and... ugh, an Obi Wan repack :( Poor choice but at least it's not Leia, Greedo or Han.

Seriously why not just repack Vader? He'll probably stay a strong seller.

Or... why are we still in the dark ages when it comes to case allotments? Why can't the Obi Wan case slot just be a random slot and they can put random 6" figures from previous waves in that slot. That could be a cool idea.

I'm still ordering a case because I don't want to risk not being able to find them easily through other means. Lots of stores have old stock that isn't moving, that can't be good for the line.

snake 10-21-2014 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulithe (Post 1368379)
6" SW Wave 6 is on pre-order through various online retailers. Yoda, TIE Pilot, Clone Trooper and... ugh, an Obi Wan repack :( Poor choice but at least it's not Leia, Greedo or Han.

Seriously why not just repack Vader? He'll probably stay a strong seller.

Or... why are we still in the dark ages when it comes to case allotments? Why can't the Obi Wan case slot just be a random slot and they can put random 6" figures from previous waves in that slot. That could be a cool idea.

I'm still ordering a case because I don't want to risk not being able to find them easily through other means. Lots of stores have old stock that isn't moving, that can't be good for the line.

I still need wave 5 and 4.

LadyTMNT 10-22-2014 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake (Post 1098942)
Does anyone here collect Star Wars figures? It's one of my favorite toy-lines, and I have 200+ figures.
So, does anyone else collect them?

Yes I do...

I have:

Clone Wars - Obi Wan Kanobi ( signed by his voice actor )
Star Wars Ep. 1 - Darth Maul ( signed by Ray Park aka Darth Maul )
Star Wars - C-3PO ( signed by Anthony Daniels aka C-3PO )

Other SW collectibles:

Official Darth Vader replica Lightsaber ( signed by David Prowse aka Darth Vader )

blindturtle02 10-22-2014 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyTMNT (Post 1369337)
Yes I do...

I have:

Clone Wars - Obi Wan Kanobi ( signed by his voice actor )
Star Wars Ep. 1 - Darth Maul ( signed by Ray Park aka Darth Maul )
Star Wars - C-3PO ( signed by Anthony Daniels aka C-3PO )

Other SW collectibles:

Official Darth Vader replica Lightsaber ( signed by David Prowse aka Darth Vader )

You're awesome! Maybe one of these days, I'll manage to get to one of those conventions so I can get something signed. I hear James Arnold Taylor, voice of Obi Wan, is a heck of a guy. Well, most of the folks who have worked on all the SW projects seem that way.

snake 10-26-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindturtle02 (Post 1369344)
You're awesome! Maybe one of these days, I'll manage to get to one of those conventions so I can get something signed. I hear James Arnold Taylor, voice of Obi Wan, is a heck of a guy. Well, most of the folks who have worked on all the SW projects seem that way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alec Guinness
A refurbished Star Wars is on somewhere or everywhere. I have no intention of revisiting any galaxy. I shrivel inside each time it is mentioned. Twenty years ago, when the film was first shown, it had a freshness, also a sense of moral good and fun. Then I began to be uneasy at the influence it might be having. The bad penny first dropped in San Francisco when a sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times. His elegant mother nodded with approval. Looking into the boy’s eyes I thought I detected little star-shells of madness beginning to form and I guessed that one day they would explode.

“I would love you to do something for me,” I said.

“Anything! Anything!” the boy said rapturously.

“You won’t like what I’m going to ask you to do,” I said.

“Anything, sir, anything!”

“Well,” I said, “do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?”

He burst into tears. His mother drew himself up to an immense height. “What a dreadful thing to say to a child!” she barked, and dragged the poor kid away. Maybe she was right but I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities.

Uhhhhhhhhh

Zulithe 10-31-2014 01:39 PM

amazon.com restocked the 6" vader wave (vader/chewie/rotj luke/black pauldron stormtrooper)

vader currently sold out but the others are in stock.

sadly they are charging their usual markup of $22.99 instead of 19.99 that they should be.

i already have a case of the yoda wave on pre-order.

Man... can not wait for some of the upcoming waves. More bounty hunters are coming! And those Hoth two packs.