The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Game Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=63728)

oldmanwinters 09-22-2022 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthsmozers (Post 1945071)
Limited Run said the physicals are slated to ship in Sept. Fingers crossed :ohwell:

Lucky to have ‘em by Halloween!

oldmanwinters 10-10-2022 10:15 AM

Holy Cow, I just got my first "your item is ready to ship" email from Target on this game.

Chaotix12345 10-10-2022 12:52 PM

Meanwhile my Amazon pre-order's estimated date changed to November 7th despite the actual listing still saying tomorrow, so I don't even know anymore. Edit: Date on the listing just changed to the 18th, NEXT Tuesday and my estimate has switched to November 2ND. Still no clue.

oldmanwinters 10-12-2022 08:44 AM

Happy to finally receive my copy safely via UPS delivery. The game was only protected by padded envelope but that's become standard for single-order video games these days.

The Art booklet was a bit of a letdown, but expected. The art pages just used still captures of the opening animation sequence. Each playable character (minus Casey Jones) gets a basic stats page and many of the villains are lumped together on the remaining pages with some game sprites. So nothing in the booklet that I could find revealed any concept art not seen in-game.

Really cool to have the Pizza Hut code.

lonewarrior20 10-12-2022 06:59 PM

Had a weird glitch happen in the dimension x stage, the game got stuck with an enemy off screen with one of our players died and we couldn’t move on. Apparently we couldn’t leave until the one that gamed over hit leave.

oldmanwinters 10-21-2022 12:34 PM

Shredder's Revenge was very profitable but it was also a rare highlight for DotEmu's parent company this year:
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ion-in-revenue

(Let's hope that means they get very motivated to work out a deal for a sequel!)

Sumac 10-21-2022 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1947710)
Shredder's Revenge was very profitable but it was also a rare highlight for DotEmu's parent company this year:
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ion-in-revenue

(Let's hope that means they get very motivated to work out a deal for a sequel!)

Or at least meaty DLC.

I Crave Pizza No More 10-22-2022 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumac (Post 1947718)
Or at least meaty DLC.

For a game that takes maybe 5 hours to beat, I don't think there's going to be such a thing as a meaty DLC.

Sumac 10-22-2022 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More (Post 1947787)
For a game that takes maybe 5 hours to beat, I don't think there's going to be such a thing as a meaty DLC.

Relatively to the game itself, of course.

oldmanwinters 10-22-2022 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More (Post 1947787)
For a game that takes maybe 5 hours to beat, I don't think there's going to be such a thing as a meaty DLC.

The SoR4 Dlc did not add new levels for story/arcade mode but the new characters, difficulty options, and most of all Nightmare Survival Mode added a ton more replay value to an already solid game.

CyberCubed 10-22-2022 03:24 PM

There's really nothing they can do for a sequel unless they expand into Archie universe characters or toyline characters like the Tournament Fighters games did. All the main villains have been covered.

Powder 10-22-2022 06:35 PM

A Red Sky bonus world would be perfect, but probably not normie-bait enough to warrant producing.

oldmanwinters 10-22-2022 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1947808)
A Red Sky bonus world would be perfect, but probably not normie-bait enough to warrant producing.

Dregg did get a cameo in Nick Kart Racing 3…

CyberCubed 10-22-2022 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1947809)
Dregg did get a cameo in Nick Kart Racing 3…

Screenshot?

oldmanwinters 10-22-2022 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1947810)
Screenshot?

Pit crew!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb4hG1i5iPI&t=402s

Chaotix12345 10-23-2022 03:17 PM

My Switch copy finally shipped from Amazon! Don't know why it took two extra weeks, but I'm at least happy that it wasn't delayed into November. Looking forward to giving this a replay after experiencing it for the first time through Game Pass.

LeotheLateBloomer 10-24-2022 02:28 PM

I keep hearing that there's been problems for releasing the physical version in stores. Hopefully that gets settled with soon.

As far as DLC goes, would be nice to get a Combat Land themed stage. It would probably have different areas of the game. Or have an option where you can switch to Red Sky mode. Maybe have Keno as a playable character.

oldmanwinters 10-24-2022 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer (Post 1947931)
I keep hearing that there's been problems for releasing the physical version in stores. Hopefully that gets settled with soon.

I haven't really been to any big box stores since the game started shipping. I would have thought it would already have been on shelves at Target or BestBuy.

Roseangelo 10-24-2022 11:13 PM

My Amazon pre-order will supposedly be delivered on Thursday, but I don't actually have a tracking number yet. So we'll see.

oldmanwinters 10-27-2022 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roseangelo (Post 1947958)
My Amazon pre-order will supposedly be delivered on Thursday, but I don't actually have a tracking number yet. So we'll see.

Still scheduled for delivery?

Roseangelo 10-27-2022 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1948155)
Still scheduled for delivery?

Nope! Delayed again. Supposedly next week, but I will not be holding my breath.

Chaotix12345 10-27-2022 04:25 PM

Finally got mine yesterday. Feels great playing it handheld.

Roseangelo 10-28-2022 04:40 PM

Oh! Mine actually shipped, and arriving tomorrow! This is not a drill!

LeotheLateBloomer 11-03-2022 11:19 AM

Looking back, I guess they could've added a Versus Mode like in Turtles in Time. Not a necessity but it'd be nice.

oldmanwinters 11-03-2022 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roseangelo (Post 1948227)
Oh! Mine actually shipped, and arriving tomorrow! This is not a drill!

Did it show up?

Andrew NDB 11-03-2022 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer (Post 1948529)
Looking back, I guess they could've added a Versus Mode like in Turtles in Time. Not a necessity but it'd be nice.

I mentioned that a couple times in this thread. A PVP mode with a few "light" Smash Bros. elements could have been a decent enough thing.

Roseangelo 11-03-2022 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1948534)
Did it show up?

A day later than they said, but it did!

oldmanwinters 11-03-2022 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roseangelo (Post 1948545)
A day later than they said, but it did!

It’s a Halloween miracle!

Ninjinister 11-04-2022 09:46 AM

lmao mine shipped 3 days ago and still says it won't arrive for another 10 :trolleye:

LeotheLateBloomer 11-04-2022 12:11 PM

A PS5 version has been announced. http://www.vgchartz.com/article/4553...n-november-15/

oldmanwinters 11-04-2022 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer (Post 1948589)

Weird, I was pretty sure it had already been "announced," if not actually available for order.

LimitedRun has them "limited stock" for pre-order, looks like the same design as previous sets, but maybe the safe opening blister pack is a new feature:
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/...49933166051329
https://limitedrungames.com/collecti...-playstation-5

LeotheLateBloomer 11-04-2022 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1948593)
Weird, I was pretty sure it had already been "announced," if not actually available for order.

LimitedRun has them "limited stock" for pre-order, looks like the same design as previous sets, but maybe the safe opening blister pack is a new feature:
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/...49933166051329
https://limitedrungames.com/collecti...-playstation-5

Doesn't the PS4 version work on the PS5?

Andrew NDB 11-04-2022 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer (Post 1948611)
Doesn't the PS4 version work on the PS5?

I would be flabbergasted if it didn't. What on earth could possibly even be the differences between the two "versions"? Support for the PS5 controllers' advanced haptic feedback?

Mad Dog McMutt 11-04-2022 09:32 PM

I just got my physical copy today and I gotta say, it was well worth the wait. I had no trouble beating it. This game absolutely blew me away. It is nearly perfect and it's just the right level of difficulty for a solo player like myself. I loved the inclusion of Tempestra and Wingnut. I think that there is plenty of unused villians for a sequel even if they have to dig through the toyline a little. There are tons of gangsters like myself, Mukman, Ray Fillet, Lord Dregg, The Globfather, Scratch, Scaletail, Antrax, Scumbug, Mutagen Man and so many more.

LeotheLateBloomer 11-04-2022 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1948612)
I would be flabbergasted if it didn't. What on earth could possibly even be the differences between the two "versions"? Support for the PS5 controllers' advanced haptic feedback?

From what I read so far, there doesn't seem to be any differences between the two.

Chaotix12345 11-06-2022 03:18 AM



TOM reviewed Shredder's Revenge on Toonami. Pretty neat to see the game still popping up in unexpected places like this.

oldmanwinters 11-06-2022 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 (Post 1948732)

TOM reviewed Shredder's Revenge on Toonami. Pretty neat to see the game still popping up in unexpected places like this.

To this day, I remain a little miffed that the OG turtles toon never ran on Toonami when 80s toons like Voltron and Thundercats did. Did the 4Kids show ever show up there in the CN reruns?

LeotheLateBloomer 11-06-2022 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1948743)
To this day, I remain a little miffed that the OG turtles toon never ran on Toonami when 80s toons like Voltron and Thundercats did. Did the 4Kids show ever show up there in the CN reruns?

The 4Kids series reran on CN through a block called Miguzi.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.