The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Governors sending illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=65431)

Andrew NDB 09-21-2022 01:51 PM

Governors sending illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities

Namely, DeSantis sending them straight to Martha's Vineyard and Kamala Harris' front yard:

Jester 09-21-2022 02:09 PM

Is there a problem on the southern border? Yes.

Is it okay to use human beings as props in your little political game to "own the libs?" No.

This whole thing just comes off as petty and just another attempt to score political points with his base.

IndigoErth 09-21-2022 02:27 PM

Well what happened to ours?? Thought he was sending some to Biden's beach house? People were waiting to act and no plane showed up. :lol: Maybe someone told him there's no sanctuary city here and that where he was going to drop them at, the southern end, is the redder part of the state. :trazz: I'm completely sure that would have won some republican fans.

That said though, quite morally bankrupt to lie to people, leave them not even knowing where they've ended up, and use them as political pawns.

It's Texas's own border, I feel they have 100% right to control it, humanely and on their dime... We don't exactly tell them to get over here with shovels and replenish our beaches for us or defend us from Jersey drivers crossing over. Sure, we don't have that sort of border problem, but luck of the drawl when state territories were decided. No one stopping them from breaking off and then doing what they want.

Leo656 09-21-2022 02:33 PM

I know, I'm pretty hardline about illegal immigration but that is some absolute scummy sh*t to do to another human being. :lol: Like at least load 'em into a big slingshot (or trebuchet) and huck 'em back over into Guatemala or whatever so they're not all displaced and confused. Don't gotta be all "Get in the van, we have candy" about it, Jesus.

Leo656 09-21-2022 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoErth (Post 1944892)
We don't exactly tell them to get over here with shovels and replenish our beaches for us or defend us from Jersey drivers crossing over.

It's not OUR fault you f*ckers can't merge and if you're not comfortable taking a jughandle at 95mph GET THE F*CK OFF THE ROAD.

IndigoErth 09-21-2022 02:38 PM

Psh, it's a wonder you all even understand what the lines are for.

Autbot_Benz 09-21-2022 02:39 PM

It's Ron Desantis doing this he is pretty scummy himself

Leo656 09-21-2022 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoErth (Post 1944896)
Psh, it's a wonder you all even understand what the lines are for.

Suggestions, like everything else.

The NJ State Driver's Manual is one-page, large text. It reads, "Cop Didn't See It? I Didn't Do It." We ain't f*ckin' around over here, we got places to be dawg. :trazz:

Andrew NDB 09-21-2022 03:23 PM

Oh, I think it's wonderful. And these are all only people who sign up for this willingly (despite stories of this being unwilling), being told where they're being sent with maps and instructions of who to call and where they can go for this or that.

Meanwhile, border towns who are not sanctuary cities are just expected to absorb tens of thousands of illegal immigrants every few days? That's normal and fine and a good policy, but 50 illegal immigrants in Martha's Vineyard, that is a catastrophe and requires the National Guard to step in?

The Deadman 09-21-2022 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 1944889)
Is there a problem on the southern border? Yes.

Is it okay to use human beings as props in your little political game to "own the libs?" No.

This whole thing just comes off as petty and just another attempt to score political points with his base.

AOC literally went down to the border and staged a photoshoot where she grabbed a fence and pretended to cry, thus using those people as her own political game. It happens on both sides.

ChosenOne 09-21-2022 03:48 PM

This is why there'll never be a tax on hypocrisy: the left would go broke in under a week.

IndigoErth 09-21-2022 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1944908)
Meanwhile, border towns who are not sanctuary cities are just expected to absorb tens of thousands of illegal immigrants every few days?

If they can waste tax dollars sending them elsewhere and mislead them... why didn't they trick them and send them home?

Or heck... use those tax dollars and their scheming nature to help them fix home so they'll want to stay and stop coming. It's weird how much money we'll throw elsewhere in the world but neighbors to the south are a mess and that causes people to keep showing up here, yet we shrug and won't attempt any aid that would also benefit us in the end.

Andrew NDB 09-21-2022 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoErth (Post 1944913)
If they can waste tax dollars sending them elsewhere and mislead them... why didn't they trick them and send them home?

Oh, that's an easy question. They can't send them home because that's illegal to do now (the options are: release them immediately, right there in Florida or Texas or wherever or send them to sanctuary cities which portend to have all the resources and support that incoming illegal immigrants would ever want or need). And there wasn't any misleading. That was made up.

Quote:

Or heck... use those tax dollars and their scheming nature to help them fix home so they'll want to stay and stop coming.
I'm good with that, too, so long as there's a checks and balances of the money actually going to that. I seriously have doubts that's possible.

Quote:

yet we shrug and won't attempt any aid that would also benefit us in the end.
There really isn't any way to throw money at and then solve the problems in Mexico. It's pretty much we go in with the military and root out the cartels city by city in concert with legitimate Mexican authorities (which is assuming we can spot which ones aren't already corrupted), or nothing is going to get better.

Leo656 09-21-2022 04:25 PM

Mexico's an irredeemable lost cause because of the cartels. Best-case scenario, someone razes the coca fields and napalms every known home and hideout of every cartel kingpin, military officer and government official down there, installs our own people and start over.

Of course, even that ultimately wouldn't work because "our own people" would just take over the traffic, anyway.

Ultimately, South America and the Middle East can never be saved, or redeemed, because the entire world runs on cocaine and heroin. That's the sad and ugly truth of it.

Andrew NDB 09-21-2022 04:32 PM

People tend to paint with too big of a brush when talking about places like Mexico, though. The cartels are a very huge, very real threat in large parts of the country, absolutely. But the entire country? Are you sure? Like the people coming from Mexico, claiming hardship because of one cartel or another. Mexico is a BIG country. We're supposed to believe there's not ONE town in the whole country that's pretty OK where they'd probably be alright? There isn't? Bullsh**.

Colombia, you'd think it was war-zone with cocaine smeared over all the bullethole infested walls if you just read the news and nothing else. I see the FB walls of my 20+ cousins and aunties over there in Bogota posting how awesome their lives are everyday, nary a single complaint. No drugs or scary stuff of any kind. Just dancing and exploring wilderness and family gatherings. That said, I'm sure there's areas of Colombia not like that, that are more like we would imagine.

Venezuela, that really is a sh**hole now, though. Total economic collapse -- go communism! Everyone I knew there is now in Ecuador or Mexico.

CyberCubed 09-21-2022 05:09 PM

Everything I learned about the cartels I learned from Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul. So I assume it's the same as you see on TV, the whole country is filled with thieves and murderers. Only the old women and children are innocent.

Coola Yagami 09-21-2022 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1944917)
People tend to paint with too big of a brush when talking about places like Mexico, though. The cartels are a very huge, very real threat in large parts of the country, absolutely. But the entire country? Are you sure? Like the people coming from Mexico, claiming hardship because of one cartel or another. Mexico is a BIG country. We're supposed to believe there's not ONE town in the whole country that's pretty OK where they'd probably be alright? There isn't? Bullsh**.

Colombia, you'd think it was war-zone with cocaine smeared over all the bullethole infested walls if you just read the news and nothing else. I see the FB walls of my 20+ cousins and aunties over there in Bogota posting how awesome their lives are everyday, nary a single complaint. No drugs or scary stuff of any kind. Just dancing and exploring wilderness and family gatherings. That said, I'm sure there's areas of Colombia not like that, that are more like we would imagine.

Venezuela, that really is a sh**hole now, though. Total economic collapse -- go communism! Everyone I knew there is now in Ecuador or Mexico.

Eh, I'd say that until the cartels discovered my small town and made it hella dangerous. Rival members shooting each other in broad daylight, never mind the tourists that may or may not be in the way, body parts found in car trunks, etc.

While I left Mexico for personal reasons, it was just in time. The cartels were moving in, murders started racking up in our small sleepy town and cops quit or retired in droves because they were more equipped to deal with the town drunks, stoner teens and domestic dispute rather than actual big bad guys with military grade weapons. They had to bring in out of town guys to somewhat deal with them.

Other than expenses, it's one reason I don't think I'll ever return there, and it's said cause my folks are buried there.

Jester 09-21-2022 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Deadman (Post 1944909)
AOC literally went down to the border and staged a photoshoot where she grabbed a fence and pretended to cry, thus using those people as her own political game. It happens on both sides.

Very true that's why I have no use for any politician Republican Democrat conservative or liberal I'm done

mrmaczaps 09-21-2022 07:22 PM

Biden did this repeatedly in the dead of the night... so, its just fine thing to do because he did it.

In theory, its funny AF. In practice, it just helps the tyrants/democrats/traitors to this nation help fvck over cities that cannot help the people who already live there and adds to the homeless populations.

Its all going according to the plan: NWO.

Coola Yagami 09-21-2022 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmaczaps (Post 1944927)
Biden did this repeatedly in the dead of the night... so, its just fine thing to do because he did it.

When Biden does it it's ok, he's the good guy here. And if he caught doing something shady... um... at least it's not Trump right?

It all makes sense now. Make Trump so big of a pariah that no matter what **** the next guy does (in this case Biden), people can just ignore it and say 'at least it's not Trump'.