The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   David Ayer and Margot Robbie helming all female villian DC movie (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57023)

Autbot_Benz 12-13-2016 03:25 PM

David Ayer and Margot Robbie helming all female villian DC movie

David Ayer is back in the business of DC comics villains.

The filmmaker, who directed Warner Bros.’ all-bad guy comic book movie Suicide Squad, is reuniting with that film’s star, Margot Robbie, for Gotham City Sirens, a feature project that will showcase the top female villains from the DC stable, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Ayer will direct and produce the project with Robbie reprising her role as Harley Quinn, the part-time girlfriend of the Joker who is currently DC's most popular female character. Robbie is also executive producing.

Sirens was a recent comic series from DC that focused on the popular villainesses from Batman’s rogue gallery. Among them were Quinn, Catwoman, Batman’s sometime love interest, and Poison Ivy, who uses plants and their toxins to get what she wants.

Geneva Robertson-Dworet, a top female writer in the action sphere who has also penned scripts for the Tomb Raider remake and Warners' own Sherlock Holmes 3, is writing the screenplay.

The heads of DC’s film arm, Geoff Johns and Jon Berg, will also be involved in a producorial role.

Suicide Squad was a tough production and the movie underwent some reshoots but it all turned out fine for all parties involved as the movie grossed over $745.6 million global. It is now the 13th highest-grossing superhero release of all-time domestically and has surpassed the international box office of Deadpool, a movie to which it was often compared to in terms of tone.

The studio is still developing a Squad sequel as well as looking into a spin-off featuring Deadshot, the assassin character played by Will Smith. But this project was the most furthest along, and with Robbie’s Quinn having received near universal praise from Squad, this was the most natural project for Ayer with which to make his Warners return. The filmmaker is currently nearing the end of principal photography for Bright, his fantasy thriller for Netflix that stars Will Smith and Joel Edgerton.

Warner doesn’t have a release date for Sirens, but the project is now on the fast-track.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...lains-project-

TheSkeletonMan939 12-13-2016 03:32 PM

Any movie that has the word "fast-track" attached to it is a red flag.

Powder 12-13-2016 03:39 PM

More Harley from Margot? I'm in.

CyberCubed 12-13-2016 04:02 PM

Harley and Ivy in a live action movie together? You know what that means.

https://images.moviepilot.com/images...bombshells.jpg

What a time to be alive. I bet the LGBT crowd will be "head over heels."

NinjaPug 12-13-2016 04:02 PM

Anyone else think it's weird that WB and Ayer are working together on a DC movie again?

Andrew NDB 12-13-2016 04:03 PM

Does this take the place of the Harley Quinn solo movie being produced by Robbie?

TurtleTitan97 12-13-2016 04:03 PM

Harley was the best thing about Suicide Squad, so I'm in.

Just hope the studio doesn't butcher it like their other films.

NinjaPug 12-13-2016 04:20 PM

Gotta love WB/DC doubling down on directors that delivered mediocre movies that were universally panned. What could go wrong?

Andrew NDB 12-13-2016 04:29 PM

They truly have no creative direction of any kind.

It'd be like, they throw out dates for the Flash movie part 1, 2, and 3, and then Iris Allen gets a lot of good buzz when the first one comes out, all of a sudden out of nowhere there's surprise announcements about Iris Allen: The Movie and Iris Allen & Friends: The Movie and now the whole schedule of all the other movies in the lineup have to be rearranged. They are literally throwing **** against the wall and seeing what sticks, every movie in so far.

Lame, dumb, dumb.

ToTheNines 12-13-2016 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1646167)

They've been firing blindly from day one.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 12-13-2016 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1646167)

It'd be like, they throw out dates for the Flash movie part 1, 2, and 3, and then Iris Allen gets a lot of good buzz when the first one comes out, all of a sudden out of nowhere there's surprise announcements about Iris Allen: The Movie and Iris Allen & Friends: The Movie and now the whole schedule of all the other movies in the lineup have to be rearranged. They are literally throwing **** against the wall and seeing what sticks, every movie in so far.

Lame, dumb, dumb.

Can't argue with that.

So basically, this will be Gotham Sirens? Ivy, Selina, and Harley? Miiiiiiight be okay. We'll see.

TheSkeletonMan939 12-13-2016 07:54 PM

Honestly the concept itself sounds like a load of fun. But since this is the DCEU we're talking about, the finished film will be so reluctant, so unwilling to give the audience "fun" - it's just going to be a dreary, drab tale of incomprehensible misery just like MoS and BvS.

Just watch the old "Gotham Girls" Flash animations from the DCAU days. I'm sure they're way more enjoyable than whatever this film will be.

TurtleTitan97 12-13-2016 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 (Post 1646227)

Just watch the old "Gotham Girls" Flash animations from the DCAU days. I'm sure they're way more enjoyable than whatever this film will be.

Oh man, I remember those. They were great!

NinjaPug 12-13-2016 08:06 PM

I'm assuming Robbie pushed for Ayer to get this gig. At least WB has someone else involved with the script.

Eva Green for Catwoman please.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 12-13-2016 08:18 PM

I have some faith in this. There's enough "hook" for a story, enough good source material. Some of my favorite characters. (Reimage Poison Ivy so that she can FINALLY have a decent live-action portrayal, PLEASE!!!)

Whereas I'm not interested in a solo Deadshot flick. At all. But hey, Will Smith...

ProactiveMan 12-14-2016 01:53 AM

I haven't seen Gotham, but you'd have to try really, really hard to do worse than Uma Thurman.

David Ayer is a team player. He didn't throw WB under the bus when people were crapping on Suicide Squad, and I bet they appreciate that.

CyberCubed 12-14-2016 02:09 AM

Suicide Squad made over $700 million, and people are wondering why WB isn't sticking with the same director?

What?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 12-14-2016 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProactiveMan (Post 1646258)
I haven't seen Gotham, but you'd have to try really, really hard to do worse than Uma Thurman.

David Ayer is a team player. He didn't throw WB under the bus when people were crapping on Suicide Squad, and I bet they appreciate that.

Gah. Like I said, we REALLY need a better Poison Ivy on the big screen. Stat.

NinjaPug 12-14-2016 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1646259)
Suicide Squad made over $700 million, and people are wondering why WB isn't sticking with the same director?

What?

Because they clearly had no faith in his vision for the movie and had a third party put together a cut of the film. Why would you bring that person back if you didn't like what he did in the first place?

Shark_Blade 12-14-2016 12:14 PM

Gotham City Sirens??? What what what??

My fav comic series coming to life? Yaaaasss! :tlove:

Spike Spiegel 12-14-2016 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 (Post 1646227)

Good stuff, there. I think those are bonus features on the "Birds of Prey" DVD set.

I'd like to see a New 52-inspired Poison Ivy. That version of her has a twisted yet somewhat relatable sense of morality that would go nicely with what Robbie does with Harley Quinn.

plastroncafe 12-14-2016 03:58 PM

I hear the costumes are already on their way to the set.

http://i.imgur.com/QVmOEm2.jpg

DestronMirage22 12-14-2016 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1646393)
I hear the costumes are already on their way to the set.

http://i.imgur.com/QVmOEm2.jpg

:P

Autbot_Benz 12-14-2016 05:03 PM

Ugh rumor has it a Plank of Wood could be Poison Ivy. Seriously Enough Megan Fox

http://comicbook.com/2016/12/14/rumo...gotham-city-s/

ToTheNines 12-14-2016 05:04 PM

Jessica Chastain or bust.

Andrew NDB 12-14-2016 05:11 PM

Should it be directed by a woman?

http://www.cbr.com/should-gotham-cit...B-P&view=lista

DestronMirage22 12-14-2016 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz (Post 1646408)
Ugh rumor has it a Plank of Wood could be Poison Ivy. Seriously Enough Megan Fox

Good lord, NO! DC's movie quality might be going downhill, but we don't need her to sink this ship. Or mess up what could be Poison Ivy's cinematic big break :(

Shark_Blade 12-14-2016 05:26 PM

Megan Fox is perfect for Poison Ivy tbh. :tlove:

DestronMirage22 12-14-2016 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 1646413)
Megan Fox is perfect for Poison Ivy tbh. :tlove:

If you're going by looks alone, I guess. But personality wise: :dead:

TheSkeletonMan939 12-14-2016 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz (Post 1646408)

This would give Andrew so much more material for "PD fans = plants".

plastroncafe 12-14-2016 08:00 PM

Fox?
Lady director?

Okay, now you've got me interested.
Can we get a ltttle Karl Urban in there somewhere?

Allio 12-14-2016 08:34 PM

What else did the director direct?

Spike Spiegel 12-14-2016 08:36 PM

Fox was okay in Jennifer's Body. If there's one thing she can actually play, it's a vamp-type character.

Shark_Blade 12-14-2016 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 (Post 1646414)
If you're going by looks alone, I guess. But personality wise: :dead:

Anything's better than Uma Thurman's cringeworthy Poison Ivy lines in Batman & Robin tbh. :tlol:

Come join me. My garden needs tending.

I'll bring everything you see here... *Plus*, everything you don't!

[at Arkham Asylum with Mr Freeze] Let's cool it for now. There's someone I'd like you to meet.

Mr. Freeze: I need to get more diamonds from my hideout.
Poison Ivy: I can help you grab your rocks.

I'm a lover, not a fighter. That's why every Poison Ivy action figure comes complete with him! (Bane attacks)

So much cheese...

Andrew NDB 12-14-2016 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel (Post 1646458)
Fox was okay in Jennifer's Body. If there's one thing she can actually play, it's a vamp-type character.

Very true. Vampish seductresss to a T in that movie. And that's pretty much Ivy's whole thing.

TheSkeletonMan939 12-15-2016 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 1646462)
Anything's better than Uma Thurman's cringeworthy Poison Ivy lines in Batman & Robin tbh. :tlol:

You're implying that Uma Thurman had anything to do with the writing...

FredWolfLeonardo 12-15-2016 06:13 AM

While this sounds like an absolutely terrible idea to me, I'm willing to give this a chance. After all, its too early to judge and I loved Margot Robbie's performance in the first movie.

Autbot_Benz 12-15-2016 11:32 AM

I would love Karen Gillian to be Ivy since she is a redhead.

LeotheLateBloomer 12-15-2016 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel (Post 1646458)

Even though I didn't like the movie, I agree to this. I would hope DC will give her a better script to work with than what the crew behind JB gave her.

ToTheNines 12-15-2016 01:11 PM

She was in Jonah Hex, too. Another sh*t stain of a DC movie.