The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Game Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Turtles in Time Re-Shelled (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=27085)

Blade Raider 05-01-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

1) The game is set up and directly taken from TMNT Turtles in Time.
2) Right now it's only going to be for Xbox Live, but they're working on bringing it to Wii (Virtual Console?).
3) It has the same music as the old game.
4) Only the levels "Alleycat Blues" and "Skull and Crossbones" were playable.
5) The only difference noticed was the bosses for the "Skull and Crossbones" is Tokka and Rahzar (unlike the original, which had Bebop and Rocksteady).
6) For Alleycat Blues the boss is still Metalhead.
7) The game is basically Turtles in Time with new graphics - Awesome!
1) Hot damn!
2) I'm going to be super pissed if it's only on the Xbox. Seriously, it's a simple downloadable game and they'll make more money if they release it on all systems! As long as it's on Wiiware, I'll be happy. Speaking of, Roseangelo, new downloadable games on the Wii are called Wiiware, but I guess calling it the Virtual Console is fine too. :P
3) That's a first! Huzzah!
5) Someone has already said so, but Tokka and Rahzar are suppose to be there in the Arcade version.
6) Metalhead is awesome! I just hope that if this is based on the arcade version, they at least put Slash back in (he's sadly not in the Arcade version).
7) Double cool!

ya know, ironicly, I just bought Mutant Nightmare and the day before this shoed up, I unlocked TiT. Man, I'm glad I didn't buy the game just for that!

Blade Raider 05-01-2009 12:14 PM

Someone beat you by at least a day.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=27085

You have the better title though.

Ninjinister 05-01-2009 12:40 PM

How can someone say that Metalhead is in the game, and then say that the MWS characters were replaced by alternates?

Mecha Cow 05-01-2009 12:40 PM

This could be awesome. Wonder if it will have online? I hope it's not exclusive to XBLA though.

Blade Raider 05-01-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ninjinister (Post 688870)
How can someone say that Metalhead is in the game, and then say that the MWS characters were replaced by alternates?

Because Archon doesn't know what he's talking about for once :P

Spitfire 05-01-2009 01:08 PM

They already re-released this entire game on Mutant Nightmare with the music changed so the characters aren't an issue.

Ninjinister 05-01-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 688873)
They already re-released this entire game on Mutant Nightmare with the music changed so the characters aren't an issue.

Not to mention there was five rereleases of the first arcade game (Xbox, Xbox LIVE Arcade, Gamecube, PC, and PS2), one of the first NES game on Virtual Console, and the re-released 25th anniversary figures...

And they all still had the same characters.

vincent27 05-01-2009 01:38 PM

Very good news !!!:D
For me, it 's the best TMNT game so I can't wait ...

Quote:

I hope it's not exclusive to XBLA though.
I think it will be on Playstation Store and WiiWare too.;)

Otherwise, do you think there will be news levels with news ennemis or it's the same game with TMNT in 3D?

I am wondering about Xbox Live . I have Xbox 360 without Xbox Live , can I buy this game in a store ?:-?

ToTheNines 05-01-2009 01:40 PM

My heart will break if Cement Man is in there over Slash.

Archon_Turtle 05-01-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 688873)

But a remake would be a "new" game, requiring new work, and so, new contract.

Ninjinister 05-01-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 688877)
My heart will break if Cement Man is in there over Slash.

Have a cardiosurgeon on hand then, because that just may happen.

Archon_Turtle 05-01-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ninjinister (Post 688879)
Have a cardiosurgeon on hand then, because that just may happen.

if memory serves, the only questionable characters would be Rockesteady, Bebop, and Krang. Those are the only Fred Wolf characters in the game that I know of.

Ninjinister 05-01-2009 02:15 PM

Dude, as we said before, it's likely based on the arcade version, which means Bebop and Rocksteady aren't even in it. And you even said Metalhead was in it, and Metalhead was in the MWS series exclusively.

And Mirage owns the rights to all of those characters anyway.

Archon_Turtle 05-01-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ninjinister (Post 688883)
Dude, as we said before, it's likely based on the arcade version, which means Bebop and Rocksteady aren't even in it. And you even said Metalhead was in it, and Metalhead was in the MWS series exclusively.

And Mirage owns the rights to all of those characters anyway.

wait...are you talking to me? I don't think I said anything about metalhead either way... Im confused. And you're so angsty! *runs off crying*

Cipher 05-01-2009 02:20 PM

This is possibly the best news ever.

Well, no. But it's pretty damn cool, and I'll have no problem shelling (hah!) out $10 for this if it hits the Wii.

Archon_Turtle 05-01-2009 02:29 PM

Ok, here we go. Some solid answers :-)

Quote:

Me:
Hey man,
I was wondering if you could help settle an ownership debate. Who owns
rocksteady, bebop, and krang?

Steve Murphy:
Hey Stephan,

Mirage owns all characters associated with the turtles (except ones
obviously owned by others, like Usagi Yojimbo) so, yup, Mirage owns those
bad boys.
So there we go :-)

Ninjinister 05-01-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle (Post 688888)
Ok, here we go. Some solid answers :-)

Quote:

Me:
Hey man,
I was wondering if you could help settle an ownership debate. Who owns
rocksteady, bebop, and krang?

Steve Murphy:
Hey Stephan,

Mirage owns all characters associated with the turtles (except ones
obviously owned by others, like Usagi Yojimbo) so, yup, Mirage owns those
bad boys.
So there we go :-)

That's what I thought!

And I guess it was Rose that mentioned Metalhead. Eh. You TMNT bloggin' people all look alike to me :p

Doc_ock_4mugen 05-01-2009 02:35 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
I hate cement man... Slash was more hardcore but YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!! TMNT Turtles in time remake!!!

LeoNerdo 05-01-2009 03:02 PM

this is pretty incredible..ill definitely get it if it's on my Wii or on my bro's Xbox. Turtles in Time is probably my most played snes game and me and my friends usually get it out and play through it every couple of months.

Extreme_Enigma 05-01-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle (Post 688840)
They must be trying to port to Wii as a Wiiware title, as Virtual Console is designed specifically for direct ports. What I'm interested in is who is actually doing the work? Ubi or Konami?

Wiiware?! Man I need to get a Wii Points card!!!!:thyper: