The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   TMNT Universe #15 Preview and Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58961)

bushido 10-16-2017 01:37 PM

TMNT Universe #15 Preview and Discussion

Preview here.

ChosenOne 10-16-2017 01:50 PM

Finally! Thanks for this!

ProphetofGanja 10-16-2017 01:51 PM

Cool. Cool. Cool cool cool.

Technogeek29 10-16-2017 09:10 PM

Karai petty as crap:lol::lol::lol:

Panda_Kahn_fan 10-16-2017 10:55 PM

She shot the person who helped save her. :o

I like that this reminds us, that even though Karai is an honorable villain... she's still, at heart, a villain. :lol:

Mutant Ninja Anole 10-17-2017 09:03 AM

Well at least it wasn't a fatal shot...right through the shoulder, which as TV has told us is basically like getting bee sting ;)

I confess the genre savvy part of me has a hard time buying that a group of (five?) nameless guys who were taken down by two secondary characters would have given Karai, 2 mutants and magic superbeast any trouble.

Weapons@theready 10-17-2017 09:12 AM

Now we're even :tlol:

Erik Burnham 10-17-2017 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole (Post 1722504)
Well at least it wasn't a fatal shot...right through the shoulder, which as TV has told us is basically like getting bee sting ;)

I confess the genre savvy part of me has a hard time buying that a group of (five?) nameless guys who were taken down by two secondary characters would have given Karai, 2 mutants and magic superbeast any trouble.

Karai and team would've been ambushed, though. And Bludgeon would probably have seen it coming -- but not fast enough for there not to have been some damage done. Firearms, element of surprise, and the terrain would've made it tough on Karai.

See how she repays that insult tomorrow. (:

Sophie Campbell 10-17-2017 01:36 PM

In my mind Toshiro and Natsu took out the merc guys not because they thought Karai and friends couldn't do it, but because it was just a nice courteous thing to do. Especially since they probably figured Karai, Koya, and Bludgeon would be pooped after their mystic cave adventure, why not help out and give them a break.

ProphetofGanja 10-17-2017 02:41 PM

Exactly, it's the thought that counts!

Redeemer 10-18-2017 07:39 PM

Karia had some great moments in this arc. I am glad IDW finally had a chance to flesh out her character. I am wondering when she is going to be brought back into the main series.
Spoiler:
She is going to have to square off against splinter if she wants to control the foot clan in New York. This entire arc was great, but this issue was my favorite.

ProphetofGanja 10-18-2017 07:39 PM

Holy F#ck how is no one talking about this issue yet??

Amazing art, as always from Campbell and the colorist Peer. Great stuff. The "Don't talk. Kill. Kill Everything!" scene was hella intense. The transition to a black/white/red color scheme was a nice touch.

And GOT DAMN! Like I was just talking about in another thread, TMNT comics are all about the overall balance between crime, sci-fi, and mysticism, and this issue and story arc in general straddle the line between the underworld of organized crime and the shadowy realm of magick and yōkai spirits phenomenally. The final scene where Oroku Karai transcends the Foot and decides to become the leader of her own clan was chilling, very well done.

And Sophie, if you're reading this thread, holy sh!t that back-up story was great. The art speaks for itself, and I can only imagine what the ramifications of the events of the story will be. Her spirit wings or whatever? F#cking awesome. Koya looks bloody delusional, and I am so ready for it.

ProphetofGanja 10-18-2017 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemer (Post 1722854)
Karia had some great moments in this arc. I am glad IDW finally had a chance to flesh out her character. I am wondering when she is going to be brought back into the main series.
Spoiler:
She is going to have to square off against splinter if she wants to control the foot clan in New York. This entire arc was great, but this issue was my favorite.

At this point I feel like she just wants to absorb the Foot and all its resources into her own clan, whatever she decides to call it. That will be quite a reckoning.

Powder 10-18-2017 08:06 PM

Burnham & Campbell are my favorites at IDW, & boy did they deliver as a duo. Some of the best stuff to come out of the series. Hot damn. Karai's being done justice, no doubt!

Ninjinister 10-18-2017 10:11 PM

"Hello, prey."

The look on Koya's face and Ocho's creepy grin really sold this one-liner.

I also love the panel of the blood dripping from the ceiling.

myconius 10-18-2017 10:53 PM

this issue was the most satisfying in the entire arc.
not that the others weren't good, but the payoff here was just SOOOOOOO good!

a flash of red, the old ultra violence, (shwip shwip shwip!) many hats left of the ground! :D

OH! and how funny was Karai with-

"now we're even."

payback's a %@&@# and so is Karai!!! :lol:

the art style once again reminded me of the Anime sequence in Kill Bill vol. 1.
and now the conclusion of this arc this really reminded me of O-Ren Ishii. :D

from the beginning of the back-up story, i had a feeling Koya was headed down a dark path.
seeing now how it concluded, i can't say i'm too surprised that she still has a grudge against Leonardo.

with all the threats and troubles facing the Turtles back in New York, i think they may have trouble possibly brewing now in Japan?
but we'll see?

bushido 10-19-2017 03:08 AM

Is the massacre in the corridor a reference to the movie The Raid 2? I noticed a girl with big glasses that looks like the hammer killer in the fillm.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 10-19-2017 08:45 AM

Damn... this was intense. Great stuff!

And Koya really really really has a murder boner for Leonardo. :tlol:

myconius 10-19-2017 09:01 AM

'hats off' to the creative staff!!

that final panel of Hayashi Toru was magnificent!!!

Spoiler:
"SHIK"

and i absolutely love this dynamic anime-style art ninja action!

CyberCubed 10-19-2017 01:21 PM

This was the most violent issue in a long time. Really surprised at how much Viacom let IDW do. The 3 mutants killing everyone in a murderous rampage was crazy, and Karai chopping off the guys head, and then killing all the other people at the table after that.

On top of that, Koya really feels a lot different than how she was in the earlier issues. Now it's like she's going on a psychotic rampage, whereas she seemed a bit more sympathetic early on.

I sense a dark end here. I think all the mutants and Ocho will die when they attack the Foot.