The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The "What Episode was That From?" Thread (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=35318)

oldmanwinters 10-08-2011 08:29 PM

The "What Episode was That From?" Thread

I couldn't think of what else to call this thread, but I figured it might come in handy. Most of us don't have perfect memories when it comes to recalling everything we remember from cartoon shows with exact precision. Often, I can recall images of soundbites but not the episode reference.

After a while, I get agitated over not being able to remember the name of an episode, but I hate starting a new thread just to ask each question. So, I figured it might be nice to create a go-to, catch-all thread. Hopefully, the fan-base can provide correlations between episode names and lingering memories.

I figured I'll start out with this question: Wasn't there an episode or two where Shredder and/or Krang appeared on the NYC Times Square TV screen? It may not have been Times Square per se, but I think it was some large video screen somewhere in the city. I'd very much appreciate some help in identifying this episode.

Redeemer 10-08-2011 08:35 PM

Hmm...Interesting thread. Might be a keeper. But to answer ur Q I think at the end of season 1 I vaguely remember shredder revealing his existence and giving an ultamatum.k I think it was the end of season 1 I remember Donny sending the technodrome to Deminsion X

oldmanwinters 10-08-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemer (Post 880966)
Hmm...Interesting thread. Might be a keeper. But to answer ur Q I think at the end of season 1 I vaguely remember shredder revealing his existence and giving an ultamatum.k I think it was the end of season 1 I remember Donny sending the technodrome to Deminsion X

I watched that episode fairly recently (Shredder and Splintered/Shredder is Splintered/Shredder & Splinter/whatever), and I believe that video ultimatum was delivered through the turtle's sewer television set. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

pannoni1 10-08-2011 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It was "Welcome Back Polarisoids" (Season 5). First April appears on the "FONY" screen, then Krang interrupts in.

oldmanwinters 10-08-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pannoni1 (Post 880969)
It was "Welcome Back Polarisoids" (Season 5). First April appears on the "FONY" screen, then Krang interrupts in.

Thanks a bunch! It figures it would have something to do with those Camera-lovin' Polarisoids!

EDIT: lol @ the "Fony" Times Square screen!

gobo 10-08-2011 09:04 PM

I seem to recall it happening in more than one ep as well. It was TV they interrupted in "Shredder's Mom", I think.

I set up a similar thread in 'forum games', but that's just a trivia thing; guess the toitle show. ^_^

oldmanwinters 10-08-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobo (Post 880973)
I seem to recall it happening in more than one ep as well. It was TV they interrupted in "Shredder's Mom", I think.

That one was actually one my mind, since I remember Shredder interrupted an April broadcast on the NYC heat wave, but I have yet to go back and check it out.

Mr._Mutant_Man 10-08-2011 09:48 PM

Which episode was it where April O'Neil was about to get shrunk, and she stated that while she wanted to lose weight, she didn't want to lose it that way? Did she ever make any other comments about her weight on the show? There were times where she seemed pretty vain (like when she complained about being a hag in her late twenties), so it was bound to come up, but I just remember that one where she was going to get shrunk specifically.

Redeemer 10-08-2011 09:55 PM

^^^I think comments like that were made all the time ecspecially with emra lol I think in Sky turtlesk to b specific

oldmanwinters 10-08-2011 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr._Mutant_Man (Post 880988)
Which episode was it where April O'Neil was about to get shrunk, and she stated that while she wanted to lose weight, she didn't want to lose it that way? Did she ever make any other comments about her weight on the show? There were times where she seemed pretty vain (like when she complained about being a hag in her late twenties), so it was bound to come up, but I just remember that one where she was going to get shrunk specifically.

The only time I can remember April being shrunk was in the episode, "Funny, They Shrunk Michaelangelo."

CyberCubed 10-08-2011 09:59 PM

Which episode did April say, "I'm a 90's kind of gal!"

oldmanwinters 10-08-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 880993)
Which episode did April say, "I'm a 90's kind of gal!"

It was from Napoleon Bonafrog: Colossus of the Swamps, after she uses a forklift to free the Turtle Van.

Shredder 10-08-2011 11:41 PM

I'm trying to find the episode where Shredder says (I think this is the exact quote), "Oh well, Krang, it will have to do." It's not Planet of the Turtleoids.

oldmanwinters 10-09-2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shredder (Post 881012)
I'm trying to find the episode where Shredder says (I think this is the exact quote), "Oh well, Krang, it will have to do." It's not Planet of the Turtleoids.

Do you remember anymore of the context? Like maybe it was in reference to a certain invention or something?

Shredder 10-09-2011 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 881015)
Do you remember anymore of the context? Like maybe it was in reference to a certain invention or something?

I wish I knew, but I only remember it as a standalone quote. I just tend to jokingly use it once in awhile, and was hoping to find the actual scene. The thing is, though, when I watched all the DVD releases as they came out, I don't remember hearing it, so either I overlooked it or maybe I'm just misremembering this quote.

gobo 10-09-2011 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shredder (Post 881027)
either I overlooked it or maybe I'm just misremembering this quote.

I remember it. Krang was complaining that some invention wasn't ready, but Shredder insisted on using it anyway. Might have been "Teenagers From Dimension X. Maybe "Sky Turtles". I just know that Uncle Phil said it.

Icebot 10-09-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr._Mutant_Man (Post 880988)

That was The Big Break In when the minimizer almost made her shrink and the one where she was upset about being 28 years old was Leatherhead, Terror Of The Swamps, when the turtles saw the fountain of youth.

oldmanwinters 10-09-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icebot (Post 881106)
That was The Big Break In when the minimizer almost made her shrink and the one where she was upset about being 28 years old was Leatherhead, Terror Of The Swamps, when the turtles saw the fountain of youth.

Impressive reference, Icebot! I remember that bit from the Leatherhead episode, but not the "The Big Break In" (I tend to confuse the titles and plots to those three Season 3 finale episodes!).

Garfield-cat 10-10-2011 12:41 PM

Police VS the Robot and other Scenes

I am looking for the scene in the Original series when a group of 3 or 4 Police officers confront this robot placed by Shredder and Krang outside of this building as Krang/Shredder aim a Ray gun at Earth's sun,
also this Footage where the United States Army shoots at the Technodrome in Manhattan

ABrown 10-10-2011 02:30 PM

The first part is "Take me to your leader." It's an episode from season three.