The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Scooby Doo/Hanna-Barbera Crossover Movie (2020) (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=61148)

Wildcat 11-09-2019 11:17 PM

I really like that it’s a big crossover. Not sure how the Flintstones will work but I’m excited to see them all interact. The other HB franchises don’t get much attention so making them significant to each other is cool.

I’ve really enjoyed the latest Wacky Races. I know that’s not the version they’re using but I like they’re part of it and Dastardly is the villain.

I really like the designs and they put equipment on top of the van. Reminds me of Ghostbusters. I wonder if it’s used like a mobile headquarters.

ranger_scout 11-11-2019 07:48 AM

It looks kind of fun, but if the regular voice actors were doing it, the I would be excited for this movie. Welker of course sounds solid as Scooby, but the rest of the cast doesn't have a cartoon feel to their voices.

ZariusTwo 11-11-2019 07:50 AM

Darn it, the bit where Shaggy jumps into Daphne's arms...dare this movie give me hope WB are finally listening?

Also lol'ed at Daphne implying her father is a heavy drinker

drgon78 11-11-2019 09:22 AM

Could be good... but not liking the voice changes.

CyberCubed 11-11-2019 01:12 PM

The most important question: Is this canon with "A Pup Named Scooby Doo?" since they all meet as kids in the trailer?

I still try to headcanon every single Scooby Doo series and movies (besides the live-action stuff) as the same universe. :lol:

ProphetofGanja 11-11-2019 01:54 PM

Wow, there’s a LOT going on there. Still, I’m eager to see more

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1825244)
The most important question: Is this canon with "A Pup Named Scooby Doo?" since they all meet as kids in the trailer?

I still try to headcanon every single Scooby Doo series and movies (besides the live-action stuff) as the same universe. :lol:

smh a fool’s errand

TurtleTitan97 11-11-2019 02:33 PM

The new voices will take some getting used to, but otherwise this look like a fun flick.

TigerClaw 11-11-2019 03:02 PM

The Trailer was great. Also this movie is setting up a Hanna-Barbera Cinematic Universe. You can see references to Blue Falcon and Dynomut and Magilla Gorilla.

sdp 11-11-2019 06:17 PM

Scooby trailer is ok, i liked the origin part, the rest seemed too actiony for SD, the voices were also not great, this includes Scooby since even if it's the same VA, he seems to have way too much dialog here

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1825244)

This is clearly a new continuity since they'll be crossing over with the other HB cartoons, but besides that every SD series and movie are indeed in one continuity.

ProphetofGanja 11-11-2019 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1825272)
every SD series and movie are indeed in one continuity.

lmao okay, whatever you say

Wildcat 11-11-2019 10:09 PM

Looks good. Really like the art style. That shot of an airship resembles Dick Dastardly’s car.

Only voice that seems a bit off is Shaggy because he usually has that noticeable cartoonish accent. I don’t know how you would describe it.

ZariusTwo 11-12-2019 02:28 AM

So I read the plot leaks for this...zoiks

Spoiler:
Scooby is the descendent of Alexander The Great's Dog, Dick Dastardly and Muttley are trying to open the gates of hell and release Cerebrus. Mystery Inc are manipulated into turning on Scooby and Shaggy, but soon regret it and spend the movie trying to track them down when they are abducted by the son of the Blue Falcon, who wants them to assist him in his quest to stop Dastardly and Muttley

drgon78 11-12-2019 04:48 AM

Well that is a strange sounding plot, but if done right...

ZariusTwo 11-12-2019 05:40 AM

The official synopsis (which confirm the leaked plot)

Quote:

An immortal Great Dane is heading to the big screen with his friends in Scoob!, an all-new animated adventure. Loving, loyal and very, very friendly, the dog called Scooby-Doo is known as the comic companion to teenage friends who solve spooky mysteries. But how did he first become involved with the teens? And what was their biggest, most challenging mystery to solve?

We'll learn the answers in Scoob!. We'll see Scooby and Shaggy meet, join the intrepid young detectives Fred, Velma and Daphne in forming Mystery Inc. and close hundreds of cases, sharing previously-untold adventures along the way. Then, they must foil a diabolical plot revolving around a ghost dog known as Cerberus, discovering Scooby's secret legacy and their own epic destiny along the way.
https://www.fandango.com/movie-news/...ges-now-753955

Leofan26 11-12-2019 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZariusTwo (Post 1825315)
So I read the plot leaks for this...zoiks

Spoiler:
Scooby is the descendent of Alexander The Great's Dog, Dick Dastardly and Muttley are trying to open the gates of hell and release Cerebrus. Mystery Inc are manipulated into turning on Scooby and Shaggy, but soon regret it and spend the movie trying to track them down when they are abducted by the son of the Blue Falcon, who wants them to assist him in his quest to stop Dastardly and Muttley

Well, this makes more sense with what we saw in the trailer, Fred/Daph/Velma fans won't be too happy about what happens to the characters this film though. Sure Fred of the older shows was a jerk to Shaggy and Scooby but I don't recall them ever betraying the duo. Even in all the reboots they've stuck through things thick and thin. Course the gang kind of evolved over the years for the worse in my opinion. You have Velma who's turned into a know it snub type character, she refuses to accept Sci fi plots which I hope is fixed in this film I don't think it will go to well with new fans. Than you have Fred who I think the new writers have no idea how write him or work him in films. Daph is sadly back to the damsel in distress.

Ask for the other summary, maybe that's for the whole HB Universe plot in general. The trailer is adorable FYI.

ranger_scout 11-12-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leofan26 (Post 1825358)
Daph is sadly back to the damsel in distress.

Well, they did make Daphne the leader of the team in Curse of the 13th Ghost and made her more action-packed since this was something she had tackled before unlike Fred who had no involvement with that series.

ZariusTwo 11-12-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranger_scout (Post 1825366)
Well, they did make Daphne the leader of the team in Curse of the 13th Ghost and made her more action-packed since this was something she had tackled before unlike Fred who had no involvement with that series.

That was one of the few redeeming qualities of that movie. Sadly, it didn't carry over to the Zombie Island follow-up.

sdp 11-12-2019 07:30 PM

Plot sounds like crap but I kind of expected it.

ZariusTwo 02-25-2020 04:35 AM

Junkie XL will be scoring SCOOB

https://filmmusicreporter.com/2020/0...33f38J2HEyU08M

ranger_scout 02-26-2020 07:39 AM

We have our first look at the Blue Falcon and few other characters.