The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Would you like to see any changes to the designs in TMNT2? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=50843)

Leolead 01-19-2015 12:18 AM

Would you like to see any changes to the designs in TMNT2?

I'd personally make them smaller.

Powder 01-19-2015 12:28 AM

Wouldn't mind them all having the gear/accessories toned down, Donnie especially.

Might be kinda weird if they just outta no-where made the turtles smaller, but they're definitely too big... I dunno.

Candy Kappa 01-19-2015 12:42 AM

I wouldn't mind a complete creature design overhaul.

But realistically... Shorten them, remove the unnecessary kibble that's been stashed in them and fix the shell.

joefsas 01-19-2015 01:00 AM

But how would you explain em getting smaller/shorter in the movie. Wouldn't make any sense. Just get rid of some of their gear, Donnie especially and I think they'd look much better.

Powder 01-19-2015 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joefsas (Post 1408818)
But how would you explain em getting smaller/shorter in the movie.

The same way the original films explained the turtles having completely different faces/headshapes/skin/voice actors.

Oh, wait...

joefsas 01-19-2015 01:46 AM

Fair point :P

TMNT is cooler than MOTU 01-19-2015 02:52 AM

YES! Slim them down and take away some of their gear, please.

Commenter 42 01-19-2015 03:19 AM

Hopefully they make them even bigger. That would be, grand. 8)

B-Man 01-19-2015 05:06 AM

Liebesman never made anything close to a family film before Turtles, his films are nearly all stocked with ugly looking creatures, so it's not suprising he didn't care to make them look cute & adorable. Dave Green has only one film to his name & it is a family film, so he may wanna do some tweaking. Since the two films are so close to each other in release, there probably won't be too big a makeover, but making the noses less flat would be nice.

Shark_Blade 01-19-2015 05:37 AM

Smaller and less gear would be a nice evolution, so to speak.

I'd keep the stylized loin cloth in front of their crotch though. :trazz:

TigerClaw 01-19-2015 08:36 AM

I think the designs will remain the same, Except, They will probably have different articles of clothing this time.

IndigoErth 01-19-2015 10:53 AM

If anything... just tweak/decrease the shell size (and positioning?) just a little. Still feels a tad much. Almost makes my own back hurt just watching it.

And let up on the busyness of what Mikey and Donnie have going on there. (Being tazed should have fried most of Donnie's tech stuff anyhow?) I assume their wardrobe will prob change anyhow though, if for nothing else but toy sales.

It took a long time to get moderately used to the look of them and don't trust them that a change would be for the better... easier to just not have a relapse of trying to accept that again. Still find that lighting, angles, etc really either help or hurt... just include some more flatting scenes along with those that are not so much and I can deal.

Powder 01-19-2015 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoErth (Post 1408961)
If anything... just tweak/decrease the shell size (and positioning?) just a little. Still feels a tad much. Almost makes my own back hurt just watching it.

Yeeeeeeah. That would help.

NinjaPug 01-19-2015 11:08 AM

Make them smaller and remove all the unneeded extra gear (which is all of it).

Doubt it happens though. It's easier and cheaper (music to PD's ears) to keep them the same.

TrickOrTreater 01-19-2015 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaPug (Post 1408971)
Make them smaller and remove all the unneeded extra gear (which is all of it).

Doubt it happens though. It's easier and cheaper (music to PD's ears) to keep them the same.

Yep. I'll be shocked as hell if it does happen, but I bet it won't.

crazymind30 01-19-2015 12:29 PM

Wauw i honestly can't believe how much people want to change about them, am i the only one who really liked everything about em wellllll........ maybe raphaels mask needs tweaking but thats it for me.

i want to change two things ,

- Shredder needs a full remake in my eyes he looked dumb in the movie with 6 sword thingies

- If i remeber correctly splinter should be evenly matched or stronger than shredder so why was he getting owned so hard .

these are the things that bothered me and i would love to see these changes

Xiewin 01-19-2015 12:36 PM

Since I'm already fond of the designs, the only thing I would change is Donnie's tech overload, Leo's Bamboo chest armor and Mikey's extra sunglasses.

Other than that, I'm fine with them.

Well Splinter is the only one I would re-design completely.

Galactus 01-19-2015 01:24 PM

Do I want them to be redesigned? Yes

Will it happen? Somewhat. After all they've got new toys to sell but even though they've shown some acknowledgement that the movie was unpopular and are promising changes they're still going to credibly sell this as a sequel to a "hit" movie which means they wont be redesigned as much as fans would hope.

The best we can hope for is that they tone down their various accessories and lose some of the bulk or in Donatello's case add some. Given that these designs are supposed to be "realistic" their clown clothes and exaggerated proportions really distract from that.

Commenter 42 01-19-2015 02:58 PM

I still can't understand how anyone can "like" the design work. It's the ugly christmas sweater of character designs.
http://www.esquire.com/cm/thedailygr...er-guy-mdn.jpg

I would have been happier with stick figures drawn in MS paint than the crap they put on the screen.

ScrewtheMirageTMNT 01-19-2015 03:07 PM

I would like their head bands to be a different shade of blue, red, orange, and purple.