View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 10:34 AM   #46
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I guess we'll see. She does seem to be gaining more traction than Venus did, and if Venus can be remembered 25 years after a failed TV series that only lasted 1 season, I wonder how Jennika will be remembered.

Not to mention now that they made her a lesbian, she's not just a female Turtle anymore. Now she's a LESBIAN female Turtle, making her part of the LGBT community, so all the LGBT people will probably try to keep her alive years in the fandom even after the IDW series ends. Venus was just the first female Turtle, now we have a LESBIAN female ninja Turtle...those things aren't really forgotten these days.

I can see people trying to champion Jennika for LGBT representation 10 years from now.

I really doubt making her a fictional member of that demographic is somehow going to be of any particular interest to any real life member of it who isn't into TMNT.

If she (and her girlfriend) were the first ever characters in some kind of media, or at least in comics, then maybe, but by this point there is nothing new or original about shoehorning her into going that angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
She's an idiot then. She never considered that if they find a cure, they can all turn human and rebuild their lives, but if that stuff touched Donnie he's back to being a regular turtle.
Exactly, I don't think it crossed her mind that if they can ever go back to their old lives, these guys can't follow them and they're back to being alone in the world. (And she certainly won't be keeping Donnie then unless she's okay with that...) At best hopefully they'd come away with more human allies in the surrounding community who now know them and have their backs.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote