View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 09:35 AM   #16
AquaParade
Banned

It's kinda of cool to treat it as it's own branch-off universe from Mirage, separate from Volume 4, and just see the guys finally get a bit of a "happy" ending. Sure, I'd love to see them go on being tortured in Mirage volume 4 and beyond, but we all know how screwed they are in the future timelines, so it's sort of nice to have an alternate timeline where things "end" in a sense without everything going to ****. Just my take at this moment in time.

One more thing I'll say about this series: I love the way they visually differentiated the characters in ways that were still recognizable but spoke to their character as well as the trauma they had been through. Like I mentioned before, there is a group shot panel and it looks really cool to see the slight visual distinctions between all the characters.
It's not something every iteration of the franchise nails, and lately it feels like character designers are stretching to find new ways to give the four brothers distinctive looks in ways that arguably go way overboard. I want to give it credit for that.
Although, Donatello's cyborg armor has a pretty ugly design. Could have done better there.

Last edited by AquaParade; 08-20-2020 at 09:41 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote