View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 10:02 AM   #19
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
Nothing wrong with her age-- fantastic choice. I think a 40-something April would be an interesting choice. Same with Maya Rudolph mentioned earlier. Local TV journalists in NYC doesn't exactly make a ton. She supplements her income by working at TCRI .
I agree. I have always liked the idea of Amy Adams in this part. I'd even consider Bryce Dallas Howard, as well. Personally, I'm not interested in an April or Casey who's younger than their early 30s.

Regardless of age, I don't want another glamour model, another actress cast to just look pretty in slow motion. That sorta casting is outdated and needs to be buried forever. It's a movie, not a swimsuit cover. I want someone who feels real and definitively owns the role in strong, intelligent, natural way. That's what the part needs.

So far, Judith Hoag has been my favorite on screen April. She was beautiful in a natural way with a down to earth personality. I could see her having a beer at the end of the day. Not in a "woo! party" sort of way, but a sit on a coach and chill after work way.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote