View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 08:15 PM   #9
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe
There's nothing saying you can't be her friend...I'd just really advise against trying it right now. Friends are equals, and right now she's at a power advantage over you.

If she's really a friend worth keeping she'll understand that you're hurting and give you the space you'll need to get over the rejection.
She pretty much gave me the same advice herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinFeets
Speaking as an ex-girlfriend who is still good friends with her ex-boyfriend from 8 years ago, its all time. You need time apart. You need to be with good friends that can help you take your mind off things for a while.
And, after a lot of time with good friends, you need to remember how to enjoy being alone (which is the hardest part). Whether that's reading, music, comics, drawing, writing, etc. Find something that you enjoy doing alone that you do just to make you happy and it will make your life all the better.

Once you remember how to live without that person, it makes it a lot easier to be friends again.
I guess. I'm just worried about losing touch completely. I do still want her in my life even if it's no longer as a lover. She's the one who helped me through my mother passing away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami
I agree on the alone time. Take the time out to just be you and try to busy yourself with whatever life was like before you were with you.
I'm trying. I'm even back on the 'drome to tap into some nostalgia. Just don't have much going on right now.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote