View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 04:25 PM   #20
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Deinonychus Power-5 View Post
If by "messy" you mean angry, then I guess it wasn't messy at all. I still think very highly of her and she said that our relationship was a good experience and that she still enjoys my company.
Messy as in you both love and care about each other but something is irredeemably broken in your relationship that you really have no choice but to break up and avoid each other.
I was with someone for 4 years that started my senior year in high school and we both just had enough of each other. I had a lot of growing up to do and I felt unappreciated and the last 2-3 months were a passive aggressive dance. I totally self sabatoged that looking back.
The last one was messy because we decided to have a small break while I'm in my last year of college, after about 3 1/2 years. I come home to Chicago to visit her at her and her sister's apartment only to find that she moved in with her new boyfriend. I was hurt and angry and just cut ties completely because I don't need that in my life.
Glad that yours went a lot better than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Deinonychus Power-5 View Post
I'm 32, but very inexperienced. I didn't really start dating until my late 20s, and I only had one relationship before her. That relationship only lasted a couple of months though, and was turning sour anyway. It wasn't anything like this.
So, yes this is my first time dealing with the break up of a long relationship that I was still happy with, and I realize that's a factor.
After the first one I talked about I was pretty depressed. I felt like an utter failure, even though I was mostly to blame, I was 21 at the time.
My most recent one had me feeling depressed but only for like a week or so, with waves of sadness coming in and out every once in a while.
Been talking and dating people, but nothing serious. You seem pretty level headed and you're older than me, so I think you'll be fine. Sounds cliche but time helps and heals.