View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 02:22 PM   #459
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
But if it's an investment, wouldn't they want to treat TMNT with a lot of care?

If I had to guess on why Nick would kill the show on purpose (which I seriously doubt), it's that I've heard it's cheaper to keep the franchise going with a new show instead of giving the established one more seasons, this part of the reason why Transformers has had nine (yes, nine) cartoons the past twenty years and yet another one coming out next year or why let's say Ben 10 (not a Ben 10 fan by the way) is not even ten years old and is already on it's fourth cartoon.

So yeah, even if they would be trying to kill the cartoon they will never try to kill the franchise.
There are people that will only watch Nick for TMNT, there aren't many other examples you can give that for. Which is one of the main reasons I believe Nick doesn't promote Turtles except when it's on, because this is a much different fan-age group they usually deal with.

Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick. And I think most of us know it.

As long as Turtles keeps bringing in the green, Nick will "love" the property, but they'll never treat it like it's one of their own.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote