View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 12:05 PM   #11
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

So stoked to finally get an official confirmation of this (rumors had been percolating for at least a year or so prior, and I'd had my fingers crossed). I had already been coming up with my own story ideas for a successor show called "Over the Hill" that followed all the characters we know five to ten years down the line. I think that's a way more interesting premise than just revisiting everybody in the same place they were in at the end of the first run of the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
That kid had no future. Real Life was destined to hit Bobby like a truck and the show's entire run made that insistently and repeatedly clear.

If they do age everyone up, he'd definitely still be living at home with his parents and single. Maybe divorced. He'd basically be Bill, which in turn lends credence to the persistent fan-theories over the years that Bobby was actually Bill's son and not Hank's, given the fact that Bobby and Hank had nothing at all in common (whereas Bobby and Bill had a LOT in common) along with Bill's unhealthy obsession with Peggy. The rumor/theory goes that one night Peggy had drunken pity sex with Bill and Bobby was the result, which would also make sense considering Hank's narrow urethra and their constant and continued difficulty conceiving. I don't take it as canon, myself, but on its face it does actually make perfect sense, honestly it makes MORE sense than Bobby being Hank's kid if we're being real about it.

In any case, grown-up Bobby would 100% be Bill. That'd be depressing, I don't need to see that.

Regardless though I do think, last I heard, that the new show was indeed going to do a time-jump and have everyone be older. Not sure if anything's changed but I did hear that at one point.

My prediction in that case is that LuAnne and Lucky are dead, somehow, Hank and Peggy are raising their daughter, and meanwhile lamenting Bobby's ongoing failure to leave the nest. I can totally see that being the show. But we'll see. That could still work. It would definitely be a bit of a different show but I can see it still being good.
That's characteristically pessimistic of you, Leo, but come on, like there's never been a kid who differed from their parent even slightly
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote