View Single Post
Old 02-22-2022, 11:59 AM   #14
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I am not sure what Trump could have done differently at this point.

I mean, sure situation would not escalated to this point, if he was a president. That is I am fairly confident in.

But at this point the only tangible thing possible is to proclaim sanctions. Neither US, nor any other country would go to war with nuclear power, because of Ukraine.
He would've taken faster action and then backed it up with further and immediately deployable sanctions. Hands down that's what he would have done.

Fast and measurable response in that he probably would've worked on stopping the Nord Stream pipeline with Germany as an immediate action. Second likely sent a fleet into the national waters near Russia in preparation of an immediate trade blockade and third likely have began immediate investigative talks not only with Russia but an immediate and pre-emptive coalition in direct communication with the U.N., instead of Biden's wait time and days-later-offer to talk provided no invasion. All of that fits Trump's operating models. And all of that plays to what you said in that through those measures the situation wouldn't be where it is at now.

As opposed to Biden and Harris sitting around until after Russia had created a full crescent moon invasion force and then decided to say something too late in the game to truly deter a problem. Under Trump the entire mechanism of action for deterrent would've been moved up by days, along with a follow-up action plan for the next measures had Russia not been deterred.

Putin's entire operating model is old-school KGB deception and feint motions. And Biden and his patsy crew fell for it. "We will begin pulling out some troops tomorrow" and instead while Biden goes "wooo boy we dodged that bullet" the next day Putin sends them in. You have to have a non-war show of force that is immediate and overwhelming with the next action already set to go. Biden and Harris got strung along like fools.

Last edited by IMJ; 02-22-2022 at 12:07 PM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote