View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 08:05 AM   #248
IMJ
Emperor

I remember thinking that Boseman was regal and awesome in Civil War - he stole the scenes he was in and they really jazzed me up for Black Panther.

And then the left politicized Black Panther and it took me out of it completely.
Then they went on about "The FIRST BLACK super-hero!!!" Bull$#!(
Then they went on about Jordan's Killmonger, who when I finally saw the movie felt like a walking cliche to me.
Then the special effects were awful and it made me realize that the movie was all-hype yet the studio didn't have the confidence in it to actually spend money on making it look good.

And I really wanted to like Black Panther because that character is easily one of the coolest Avengers - a unique cross between Iron Man and Batman. But society turned it to $#!(.

His screen time in Infinity War and Endgame was awesome though. But between Boseman being gone and all of the B.S. I listed above I had no interest in driving even a dime into the second one.

But societal and studio B.S. is Black Panther's problem on film. Chadwick was amazing - that guy is a young person's superhero the way that Christopher Reeve was as Superman for me as a kid.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote