View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 08:25 PM   #54
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
lmao I didn't see the date and thought this was a new topic but then I saw people mention the "Revolution" and I was like "waiiiit...."
Yeah, that was the Wii's codename. I had totally forgotten about that.

Anyway, I do t think I've ever thought Nintendo was going to die. But the early 2000s were quite surreal with the PS2 crushing its competition and the GameCube not even being able to outsell the original Xbox. I didn't Nintendo would bounce back with the DS and the Wii a few years later.

The Wii U's poor sales performance reminded me of the GameCube somewhat but the console didn't stay that long in the market and I didn't even buy it anyway. I was focused on the 3DS.

And Coola, most people primarily buy Nintendo systems to play their first party titles. Just like people did for Sega consoles back in the day as well. Ofc having a strong 3rd party line-up is also advisable but it didn't hurt my enjoyment of the GameCube, even though it had way less games than the PS2. Sure, it was a shame I had to get a PS2 to play games like Tekken and Final Fantasy, but anyway, the Switch has a lot of 3rd party content, so I don't know why you're being dismissive of it.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote