View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 10:55 AM   #204
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It's hit or miss for Mirage fans 'cause it kinda butchers the source material & becomes very toyetic, whereas for OT fans it doesn't have any of the wacky mutants or meta humor. + when it came out, many of the first wave fans were of an age to either feel too old for it or had a nostalgia bias. So for a lot of people it didn't quite hit the mark. It seems like the new turtle fans, younger kids/teens who came on the boat with the Nick series, are more receptive to it, which is nice.
My brother is from the FW series and the peak of Turtlemania generation. he couldn't get into the 2k3 show because it was too different from the Turtles he grew up with and also because "why don't they have pupils, are they blind or something?"

Tbh the 2k3 series was a bit risky. It wasn't a remake but a quite different version from the Turtles that were popular and well known to the general audience. It's like it wanted to appeal to both the kids of the time and to some of the more hardcore TMNT fans(people aware of Mirage, etc).

I was surprised the cartoon lasted so long. I expected season 2 or 3 to be the final seasons when they were announced.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote