View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 08:52 PM   #147
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
Guess there was some miscommunication on my part, sorry.

I meant, the people who make these awful adaptations, like Velma. They feel that the classic stuff is not woke enough so they try to erase the past with the new stuff. Seth Rogen hates Christmas enough to make a show that does nothing but sh** on it. And now he’s got his greasy hands on TMNT.

If the upcoming movie is really as bad as it appears to be, then someone who’s in the staff but genuinely cares about the source material is trying to warn us. Either that, or this was leaked deliberately because they love to see true fans seethe and freak out.
Aside from making April overweight and taking a few other... Drastic liberites with her design... I'm not really seeing too much to associate it with anything like Velma or that Santa show, ignoring Seth Rogen's involvement of course, and I'm certainly not seeing any spitefulness in the same vein as Velma. So I'm not really willing to label it as one those projects just yet.

Mostly my problem with this leaked scene and the concept art is that it largely fails to include anything I've ever appreciated about TMNT in favor of making another kids' movie that emulates movies like Shrek without even understanding what made Shrek work in the first place. Basically, I'm not really seeing TMNT in this but I'm not really seeing Velma either, what I'm seeing is Robots, Ice Age 4, Over the Hedge, Robots, Turbo, Boss Baby, Shark Tale, Bee Movie, Minions, The Emoji Movie and a bunch of other generic kids' movies with dumb humor and generic plots you can predict within the first five minutes. What little of TMNT I'm seeing is the stuff that deserved to be filtered out by successive adaptations, not clung onto so it can continue to rot the series.

No, I don't think they are being spiteful here, I think they're just indifferent towards the series itself and just keep doing what they think kids want because it was in other kids' movies. The thing with April might be done to make a specific type of crowd happy and in turn give them an automatic thumbs up by highlighting it instead of the problems, but I'm not really seeing any vitriol yet. Neither for the franchise or society. Maybe there is something like that in the movie but not in what we've seen so far.
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 01-26-2023 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Made some glaring errors about explaining "Spitefulness", the errors are still in Roseangelo's quote of me below.
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote