View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 12:27 PM   #96
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
Great to hear that the series has a full roster. I did get the impression that the RYV series is being a little loose with continuity (didn't they say that stuff was generally like 616, but there could be differences in the past?). I'm also curious when Annie was born here. Was it something that happened pre-OMD timeframe (and thus a difference from regular 616), or is it something that happened after OMD timeframe, meaning that it only happened in a timeline where the Parkers rejected the OMD deal, or never even pursued the "save Aunt May" thing.

Also, I'm really curious if Peter's secret id went public like it did in the pre-OMD timeline. (If not, that could explain why OMD never happened here.)
Conway said "everything up to BND" happened, so maybe the public unmasking and OMD also occurred but Peter just turned down the offer. This would make the most sense given all the teasing Marvel have been making in the main books to remind people of Mephisto's existence, it's possible this is to prepare them for something in the first issue of RYV that deals with him.

Then again, when promoting the first series, Nick Lowe said everything up to BND happened and it was evidently a completely different sort of story and setting.

There's mention that certain other events in 616 afterwards occurred differently...how much of that is unknown, but perhaps there was no "Original Sin" and thus no discovery of Cindy Moon/Silk? Assuming Cindy existed at all in this reality. They would have to skirt past the issues with the horny phermone attraction the two had in 616.

Quote:
I'm seeing a listing here (https://www.comixology.com/Amazing-S...l-comic/425423) that issue one's for sale on Nov. 9th.
Then it's a date then, thanks for the information. I'm off to spread the word about this so people can really get going with the re-orders
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote