View Single Post
Old 05-23-2021, 07:18 AM   #4
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Here's info on the episode about this from the wiki:

Quote:
TMNT (2003) series producer Lloyd Goldfine sent in the following info regarding why the episode "Insane in the Membrane" did not air on 4Kids TV in the USA (it has aired in Australia, England and a few other countries):

"The final edited and mixed version of the notorious 'Insane in the Membrane' was deemed unsuitable for air by Fox Broadcast Standards and Practices. Apparently, in between the time the episode was written, storyboarded, animated and edited (all stages approved by Fox BS&P), and the time the show was mixed for air, there was a change of personnel in the Fox BS&P offices, and no one involved in the original approvals was still employed at Fox. Upon seeing the episode, they were said to be 'horrified' and that there was no way they could air the episode. I'm not sure I disagree with them - had there been BS&P comments earlier in the process, we certainly would have handled the show differently. But as it was approved at every stage, we went full steam ahead. In the end, I was told it was bad judgment on my part... so there you have it.

I believe this episode will eventually be available, but plans have not been finalized."

- Lloyd
I think this is one of the best episodes in the series, and I'm sure kids could have handled this. Geez.

I've seen parents take their kids to Watchmen, the Saw movies, the recent Nobody movie, etc. But this ep is too 'horrific' to air on TV?
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote