Thread: Depression
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 12:28 PM   #78
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
That's why I don't keep relationships - an idea that I might become bored of it (especially with my issues) scares me, not because it will hurt myself, but because, that it will hurt and waste time of someone else.
I don't even bother to try with them.

The only three dates I had the nerve to muster up where in highshcool. Two with the same girl. One with another girl. The last one I thought went MUCH better than the first two. But that didn't even get a second date.

After that, all other attempts to see if anyone might want to spend a night out somewhere didn't go too well and I eventually just stopped trying.

Then my psoriasis grew worse, and any confidence went out the window. add to that the social anxiety and the thought that no one would be interested in me, and boom. dateless for years.

I guess I'm fine with it, but it DOES get me depressed whenever I see people announce engagements on FB, and then see babies grow into 5 year olds in the blink of an eye and i'm still in the same spot.

I feel like it would have been MUCH easier to find someone if the nerd craze had hit when I was 20 rather than 35. Now all the people into it are about 10 years too young to chat up. sigh.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote