View Single Post
Old 12-03-2021, 09:00 PM   #807
Leo656
The Franchise

I've never seen or heard a single positive thing spoken of "Clownfish" until Just Now. Never watched a single video of theirs, I only know that their "reputation" as it is seems to basically be that they're junk food.

Full disclosure, I detest just about all of these YouTube "personalities" out of hand. Like I still like AVGN but the bad part of him becoming a huge success was that now every "reviewer" of things must also be a full-blown character, to the point where they become insufferable. People push that Critical Drinker guy, too, and like... I think I clicked ONE of his "reviews" once, might've even been his review of Revelation Part 1, and the opener was just him laughing hyperbolically for like a full minute... and I'm like "Nope, done, another f*cking buffoon, no insight to be gained here." Maybe SOME people have time to waste on nitwits like that but I certainly don't. I don't find it informative or entertaining, just annoying. There's every chance I'd agree with some of their opinions... but I certainly am not going to bother finding out.

It's incredibly rare that I'll watch any "reviews" of a thing unless they're Sega Lord X, Wrestling Bios, or Wrestling With Wregret. The guys that make those videos still come off like real people with real opinions, and are incredibly insightful. They don't just rag on things for clicks so they can jump on the current Outrage Parade. Of course, it probably doesn't hurt that 99.9% of the stuff they cover is ages old by now, thus there's no need for the overblown caterwauling seen in so many current-day "reviews". But still, those guys are all incredibly even-handed even when discussing things they strongly don't like, and I really wish more people could speak on that wavelength.

Like any of those guys, they can make a statement I strongly disagree with, but I'll still be able to be like, "Yeah, that's a fair point." Whereas with stuff like Critical Drinker and ToyGuru or whoever, I'm like "Ugh, I don't even care what this person says at all because every single thing about them is so incredibly off-putting."

But yeah I definitely would never expect honest or intelligent discourse from a source calling themselves "Clownfish", regardless of topic. Perhaps that's a bit presumptuous of me but I'm pretty sure their name speaks for themselves. My head screams "Outrage clickbait nonsense" is their entire M.O.; maybe I'm wrong but I'm probably not.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote