Thread: New CGI movie
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2022, 11:49 PM   #1133
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I mean, sure. Way better design than the Bay Turtles (though them coming back to the table with a new Bay Turtles-like design was never going to happen when those movies failed). But do we have to have such a battered wife syndrome that we are expected to go, "Well, at least they're better than the Bay Turtles! Awesome! What a win!"? Because that's dumb.

In all seriousness, it's fine. When I read Rogen was attached I was immediately defending the movie here. Rogen of years back is hysterical in his movies, in front of the camera and writing wise. And smart. Clever. And again, look at stuff like Preacher and The Boys, TV shows with his fingerprints all over... great stuff. So there was the kernel of hope that maybe he was secretly a TMNT fan, maybe even a fan of the Mirage flavored Turtles. I didn't know. Nobody knew.

Anyway, now we know. He isn't. He is into the tons of mutants, wackiness and pizza type TMNT fluff. Which again, is fine. It just means it isn't for me, and I'm sure I won't be missed. So the designs we're seeing... why not? It's all fine for what they're going for.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote