View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 09:49 AM   #11
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I just play on normal difficulty on all games. I don't understand why people make a big deal out of this. If you want to punish yourself with extremely hard difficulties go ahead, but ever since becoming an adult I don't have time or patience to master one game over and over instead of playing new games.

Occasionally there are also some really cheap moments in games, where if given the option, I lower the difficulty to easy just for that one particular segment, and then bring it back up to normal after I get passed it. But not all games let you change difficulty in the middle of a game, so you can't always do that.

When you see these extremely ridiculous youtube runs with people doing "no hit runs" where they make it through an extremely hard level or boss without taking a single hit...I ask myself, why on earth would anyone torture themselves like this for countless hours perfecting their skill? When you stop playing or move onto another game you're bound to lose all your skill anyway. Hell I used to be able to beat games like Goldeneye 007 on N64 on 00 difficulty and unlocked all the cheats in time trial runs when I was only like 13-14 years old. I sure as hell couldn't do that today even if I tried.
Funny thing is, I'm a better player nowadays than when I was a kid. As a kid even some easier games seemed a lot harder.

As for classic games I'm yet to beat, I still haven't been able to beat Super Mario Bros. 3 after all these years lol. That or the first ever Zelda game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I've beaten every Halo game on Legendary in online co op, but besides that, I usually don't care to make games more difficult, so normal for me. I dislike games that are hard by design, so no Dark Souls or Mega Man for me.

Difficulty **** are some of the worst people.
I think the only NES MM games I have not beaten were 4 and 6. Haven't played much of 6, though. Mega Man games indeed are challenging but they're definitely beatable. NES CastleVania games are much tougher, imo. As is the original TMNT NES game... although those games's difficulty is more due to game design flaws. NES has a lot of games that are unfairly hard.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote