View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 01:24 AM   #4345
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Well in 2012 Casey wasn't even a thing until season 2.

Hmm I guess this show is probably going to derive even less inspiration from the comics. But even less than 87? We'll have to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
I'm attuned to changes. And I'll be completely fine if they got rid of his anger issues or just turned him into 80s Raph. But this is just pure idiocy.
80's Raph is best Raph. I will stand by this forever.

My thoughts on the motion comic.
Before I go on a tangent. First I want to say that I have no problem with Raph being the leader. Even if he's an idiot, I can hope for character development. I honestly don't get why people have their panties twisted on this one factor of the show when there are many more legitimate things to complain about.

Onto the Verdict: I'm Meeeeehhh on it. The mystical powers are very gimmicky. It's not creative so much as it is "what will kids think is 'cool'". I'll really need to see it in action but I already have at least some problems but I'll get to that later.
The art style actually looks REALLY good for comic books. But for animation? I'm not sure...See it'd be very nice if the animation budget was high but we already know we're getting cheap flash soooo...

And I'm not sold on all of the voices. Though I like Leo's voice. Admittedly that might be because I never could get into Seth Green's "I'm Batman Jr." voice he gave Leo in 2012.

Ok so for things I really dislike. The mystical powers, Donnie's and Raph's especially. Raph's power is to essentially hulk out...which is something he shouldn't need considering he is a giant mutant turtle. So the strong characters "special power" is...to be stronger? Mmmmokay?

Don's magical staff that can change shape really undermines his role as the smart guy. You could give such a weapon to a really stupid person and they'd be able to use it just fine. Don is the idea guy, but having a magical convenience stick that changes shape kind of ruins that. As far as Leo's special power...I actually like it? But I want to see how it works in animation. I'm a fan of Wakfu. Anyone who reads this who is also a fan of Wakfu will know what I'm talking about.
Mikey's special power is basically "his weapon glows ooooo". Not interesting.

For my final complaint, which is in contrast to Don's magical bo staff. It's the fact that Don is literally flying. Like whats the point of him even being a physically fit ninja if he's just going to use gadgets for everything? Every other iteration of this character still had to think and problem solve and still had the basic obstacle of gravity to deal with. And if he can fly,why don't they all get gadgets that let them fly?

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!

Last edited by Dejablue; 06-25-2018 at 03:38 AM.